United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-10-2017, 06:29 PM
ZiggyStardust

It would seem ridiculous to make a judgment on his future already but I really can’t see anything that would have prompted Jose to sign him

Yeah he’s decent on the ball but nothing special and as for his general basic defending...£#%&! me it’s bad

He’ll be gone in the summer so lets give Axel his head
Tuanzabe has been the exact opposite of Lindelof in that everytime he’s played he’s shown what a special player he could be

Unread 21-10-2017, 06:31 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Struggling to think of a defender who can't use his head.

But we've found one, like only Manchester United can.

Unread 21-10-2017, 06:33 PM
Tiberian

Mates have been texting me that he is Mourinho's Bebe, someone getting a sweet earner out of it.

Unread 21-10-2017, 06:35 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Mates have been texting me that he is Mourinho's Bebe, someone getting a sweet earner out of it.
Does seem a very dodgy signing doesn't it?

He played well the other night too, not sure if I was more disappointed with the 2nd or the first 5 minutes of the second half where a ball was played into the channel and he proper shit himself.

Unread 21-10-2017, 06:37 PM
Buck

Quote:
Bit of a difference....Lindelof's our most expensive center back.

Unread 21-10-2017, 06:39 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Does seem a very dodgy signing doesn't it?

He played well the other night too, not sure if I was more disappointed with the 2nd or the first 5 minutes of the second half where a ball was played into the channel and he proper shit himself.
Reckon you wouldn't have had that without the first. It's basically the perfect nightmare, come on as a sub and do that straight away and there's nowhere to hide.

It needn't be the end of the world, Evra had a shocking first game. Then again so did Prunier.

Unread 21-10-2017, 06:44 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Reckon you wouldn't have had that without the first. It's basically the perfect nightmare, come on as a sub and do that straight away and there's nowhere to hide.

It needn't be the end of the world, Evra had a shocking first game. Then again so did Prunier.
Second (and last) game.

Unread 21-10-2017, 06:47 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Second (and last) game.
Good point, Linders played last week against the verm.

Unread 21-10-2017, 07:37 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Smalling is not shit, blameless today defensively. Quality on the ball yes, but people like to throw around lack of leadership. As you said Lindelof is not a child, his partner can not baby him.

I am looking at the likes of Mata, Martial, Lukaku, Herrera, Mikitaryan and Lingard today, an utterly toothless performance, from a group who should be lifting the play of the rest(Lingard excepted).

Well, I think we disagree on the ability of Chris Smalling. I'm not just angry....i really do think he's shit (by United standards)

Agree about the rest though. Particularly the senior players. Mata should do better .... lingard should seize his chance. Mickey has played every game this season and is good enough to do more.

It was the same at Anfield last week. All our front players shit out. Not much better in midweek. We needed a howler to score there too. The difference this week was that we f***ed up and went 2-0 down.

Unread 21-10-2017, 07:45 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Well, I think we disagree on the ability of Chris Smalling. I'm not just angry....i really do think he's shit (by United standards)

Agree about the rest though. Particularly the senior players. Mata should do better .... lingard should seize his chance. Mickey has played every game this season and is good enough to do more.

It was the same at Anfield last week. All our front players shit out. Not much better in midweek. We needed a howler to score there too. The difference this week was that we £#%&!ed up and went 2-0 down.
They lack intestinal fortitude and you can't coach that into a fanny no matter how skilful they might be.

Unread 21-10-2017, 07:48 PM
armchair

i'm angery.

Unread 21-10-2017, 09:30 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

It was the same at Anfield last week. All our front players shit out. Not much better in midweek. We needed a howler to score there too. The difference this week was that we f***ed up and went 2-0 down.
I think Mata is one of the more egregious issues. Looks a much better player than he actually is, nice technique, tidy continuity game but far less creative than people think he is. Giggs at 37 was twice the player Mata has ever been for Utd.

Thought that with Pogba out Mata would have to at least try to play in a riskier manner, take some of the creative responsibility, Miki is erratic but at least he will try the penetrative pass.

Unread 21-10-2017, 09:44 PM
utd99

Quote:
He looks terrified under any aerial ball. That is a fairly critical problem for a PL CB.

I would not be picking him ahead of Blind any time soon, if all the options are fit he should not even be in a match day squad.
Even on tour he stuck out as shaky on set pieces/crosses, but his bird says he should be playing and she’s fit (unlike Jones).

Unread 21-10-2017, 11:52 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
I think Mata is one of the more egregious issues. Looks a much better player than he actually is, nice technique, tidy continuity game but far less creative than people think he is. Giggs at 37 was twice the player Mata has ever been for Utd.

Thought that with Pogba out Mata would have to at least try to play in a riskier manner, take some of the creative responsibility, Miki is erratic but at least he will try the penetrative pass.
He's been poor this season. Nqat.

Good finisher and a 'nice' looking player.... but just doesn't do enough consistently for his ability.

Mkjitaryan is a strange one. I said it elsewhere, but he's really changed as a player imo.

Even during his patchy spells last season, he has an amazing ability to run with the ball through a packed midfield. Always trusted him to make the right pass. But he never really did enough. Didn't hurt teams enough.

Now he's the opposite. His output is decent but he constantly gives the ball away.

He's been poor recently, but he's still our most creative and penetrating option in midfield along with pogba.

Unread 22-10-2017, 12:09 AM
Wez

I recall a couple of other defenders we signed a few years ago having shocking first seasons

patience

#KneeJerkReds

Unread 22-10-2017, 12:11 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
I recall a couple of other defenders we signed a few years ago having shocking first seasons

patience

#KneeJerkReds
yeah it was just a very unfortunate thing. naive mistake. he'll learn and hopefully zlat will help him toughen up.

Unread 22-10-2017, 12:15 AM
ryanMUFC

Johnny Evans in January.

Unread 22-10-2017, 12:15 AM
Jack Duckworth

he's been £#%&!ing shit so far. good luck to the lad though, i hope he turns it around.

Unread 22-10-2017, 12:17 AM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
yeah it was just a very unfortunate thing. naive mistake. he'll learn and hopefully zlat will help him toughen up.
Takes time for some players to adapt to this league; folk expect them to be players like Vidic's/Evra's after a few games

XBox/PS Reds panicking far to soon

Like I said, patience

Unread 22-10-2017, 12:45 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
Takes time for some players to adapt to this league; folk expect them to be players like Vidic's/Evra's after a few games

XBox/PS Reds panicking far to soon

Like I said, patience
he equivocated. that was his error. it was a just head it anywhere moment but he missed the ball wondering should i try head it away or back to the keeper.

it's always away. that's what he has to learn.

i don't think all is lost for the guy and people blaming him for the first goal are idiots imo.
Closed Thread