United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-06-2010, 09:48 AM
Sparky***

Default *OFFICIAL* World Cup 2010 (LAST 16 MATCH DAY 3) thread - teams, links and BANTER!

Holland v Slovakia
Round 2
Venue: Durban
Monday, 28 June 2010
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Live on BBC1

Brazil v Chile
Round 2
Venue: Ellis Park, Johannesburg

Monday, 28 June 2010

Kick-off: 19:30 BST
Live on ITV

Unread 28-06-2010, 11:00 AM
Tierra Del Fuego

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* World Cup 2010 (LAST 16 MATCH DAY 3) thread - teams, links and BANTER!

come on Chile

Unread 28-06-2010, 11:04 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* World Cup 2010 (LAST 16 MATCH DAY 3) thread - teams, links and BANTER!

Aint the WC over now England are out?

Fancy Chile to cause an upset tonight actually

Unread 28-06-2010, 11:20 AM
waynes ear's

Ah no, with england being out we can enjoy the commentators going on about the goal that never was

Set of @#%&!s

Unread 28-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Aint the WC over now England are out?
FIFA conference at 2pm BST with Sepp Blatter expected to postpone the tournament 'until further notice'.

Unread 28-06-2010, 11:44 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
FIFA conference at 2pm BST with Sepp Blatter expected to postpone the tournament 'until further notice'.
MUFC hit with 10 match ban

Unread 28-06-2010, 11:47 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Aint the WC over now England are out
tbf, when United go out of the FA Cup or European Cup as far as I'm concerned the tournament's over & I refuse to watch it from then on.
You can't blame the English media for having a day of post-mortems over England's demise. However the whole "You let your fackin' Cantry down. Bobby Moore & Geoff Hurst will be spinning in their fackin' graves" tone of the post-mortems are embarrassing.

Funnily enough, listening to TalkSport & 5Live this morning it seemed to be Wayne Rooney getting most of the abuse. How strange I wasn't expecting that

Unread 28-06-2010, 11:48 AM
waynes ear's

Geoff hurst isnt dead is he?

Unread 28-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Stickman

more chance of a Slovakia win imo than Chile. They could kick on big style after that Italy win.

Unread 28-06-2010, 11:50 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Geoff hurst isnt dead is he?
No, I was joking.

Unread 28-06-2010, 12:02 PM
dunk

£#%&!ing hell MJ, chill with feeling hurt on Rooney's behalf ffs. He's not going to let you tickle his balls with your chin hair

Unread 28-06-2010, 12:11 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£#%&!ing hell MJ, chill with feeling hurt on Rooney's behalf ffs. He's not going to let you tickle his balls with your chin hair
I think it has more to do with our media spouting out utter shite yet again, to be fair to our resident Rooney man-crusher

And, of course, the unthinking ABU sheep who swallow every word as gospel:shakehead:

Unread 28-06-2010, 12:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I think it has more to do with our media spouting out utter shite yet again, to be fair to our resident Rooney man-crusher

And, of course, the unthinking ABU sheep who swallow every word as gospel:shakehead:
There is a solution to the problem that is our media, pay no £#%&!ing attention to the wage thieves.

Unread 28-06-2010, 12:16 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I don't feel hurt of Rooney's behalf at all ...I'd have liked him to have a great tournament in the same way I like to see all United players do well at World Cups, but any United fan could see the signs that Rooney wasn't fit so I wasn't expecting him to play well at any stage.
He's clearly not enjoying his football in an England shirt at the minute, but anyone would think he was the sole reason England got knocked out...the other players - Terry, Glen Johnson, Ashley Cole, Lampard, Barry, Gerrard etc were far worse than Rooney yesterday but are shouldering none of the blame in todays 'post-mortem'

Unread 28-06-2010, 12:19 PM
waynes ear's

Glen johnson is £#%&!ing shit. Im going to ring the FA and offer my services instead of that fat scouse @#%&!

Unread 28-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
He's clearly not enjoying his football in an England shirt at the minute, but anyone would think he was the sole reason England got knocked out...the other players - Terry, Glen Johnson, Ashley Cole, Lampard, Barry, Gerrard etc were far worse than Rooney yesterday but are shouldering none of the blame in todays 'post-mortem'
I know I'm becoming a bit obsessed with the overrated robot-headed chinny oil-tanker-paced @#%&!, but Barry was directly responsible for two goals. Can you imagine Rooney/Rio/Carrick doing that and pretty much escaping all criticism?

Unread 28-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Glen johnson is £#%&!ing shit. Im going to ring the FA and offer my services instead of that fat scouse @#%&!
he is isn't he.

He is one of the most inept right-backs i've ever seen play international football.

Unread 28-06-2010, 01:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I don't feel hurt of Rooney's behalf at all ...I'd have liked him to have a great tournament in the same way I like to see all United players do well at World Cups, but any United fan could see the signs that Rooney wasn't fit so I wasn't expecting him to play well at any stage.
For me, there were players far more culpable through this whole tournament than wayne.

yesterday, gareth barry and glen johnson were a total and utter laughing stock. Shown up for the one-paced, clueless plodders they are.

Both players were major culprits in the 3rd and 4th goals. Both had perfect opportunites to stop the move before the got anywhere near the goal, but they couldn't even do that right. Do you honestly think if rooney or gerrard were breaking away with every other german up the pitch that lahm or schweinstieger wouldn't have just brought them down and taken a yellow? Of course they would.

As for the 1st 2 goals, look no further than John McLionballs 'I shout the national anthem cos i'm so fackin pash-er-nert' Terry and Matthew 'I almost got relegated last season but i'm good enough for england apparently' Upson.

Unread 28-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Come on Holland and Slovakia

Unread 28-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Sullingtons

Not sure there's much banter left now, given that England are out.
Closed Thread