United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
You're right, £4M will easily be enough. I assume you know of players in the youth team in those positions who can make the step up to Champions League football. You're not comparing like with like. It doesn't matter how much we paid in transfer fees for them, it matters how much we have to pay to replace them.

Of course no one expects a sensible answer from you, it'll just be more %@#$&!s and smart arse comments whilst you change the subject.
every man should know his limitations

stick to something else, eh

Unread 24-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

the point is that replacing said players isn't necessarily going to be down to the owners. it could be more about a test of the management. most United fans would much rather see Cleverley or Pogba or some such come through and this Hernandez fella shine than they would see tens of millions of quid chucked at the transfer market. or at least they would have in the not too distant old days anyway.
I think most United fans would also prefer to have a fall back option if the junior players fail to make the step up. With the Glazers we have no back up. If the kids are shit, we're £#%&!ed.

Unread 24-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Sandman

Unread 24-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I think most United fans would also prefer to have a fall back option if the junior players fail to make the step up. With the Glazers we have no back up. If the kids are shit, we're £#%&!ed.
if you had the manager's ear then you'd know exactly what his plans are for the "junior players"

but you don't

it's the general attitude of recent times that the only cure is to throw money at it that i have the problem with anyway. if that really is the limit of people's imagination then it's not surprising there's so much shit spoken by supporters about squad-building tbh

Unread 24-06-2010, 05:17 PM
wee man

Let's hope he gets the send off he deserves at the end of the season.

Unread 24-06-2010, 05:19 PM
wonky no

carrick is supposed to be the new scholes. possebon is a decent player too. obviously gibson will be the first choice though.

Unread 24-06-2010, 05:22 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
carrick is supposed to be the new scholes. possebon is a decent player too. obviously gibson will be the first choice though.
Hasn't he been sold?

Unread 24-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
Ferguson mentioned in an interview last season that he sees potential for Anderson as a ready-made replacement for Scholes.

Unread 24-06-2010, 05:28 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Hasn't he been sold?
on a long term loan I think. Wasn't he back for a couple of reserve games at the end of the season. Looked a prospect before his injury.

Unread 24-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Zorg

Second only to Eric for me.

The finest midfielder of his generation. Has anyone got that list of quotes about Scholes from all the best players in the world?

wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Hasn't he been sold?
i dont know, no-one tells me anything.

anderson is finished at united, surely?

Pop

Unhappy

He can't leave us. He just can't

Unread 24-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Zorg

Unread 24-06-2010, 05:33 PM
waynes ear's

Gibson is £#%&!ing shit. £#%&! off

Unread 24-06-2010, 05:36 PM
wonky no

Pinball wizzard.

Ever since i was a young boy
i always watched football
From glasgow down to brighton
I thought I'd seen it all
But I aint seen nothing like him
nothing comes close at all
that short ginger haired kid
sure is king of them all.

He'll pass the ball through you
The cog of the machine
Feeding both the wingers
Always playing clean
He plays by intuition
The opposition fall

He's the ginger wizard
There's got to be a twist
A ginger wizard
he takes the £#%&!in piss

How do you think he does it?
(I don't know)
What makes him so good?

He ain't got no distractions
aint had no kiss and tells
doesn't act all flashy
£#%&!ed england off aswell
Always gets a replay
Never tilts at all

I thought Eric was
The old trafford king
But he just handed
his football crown to him

in any given sat'dee
He will beat the best
His disciples lead him in
And he just does the rest
the crowd wrapped round his fingers
the stretford end in awe
sure is king of them all

Unread 24-06-2010, 05:39 PM
borsuk

Quote:
"I am coming to the end of my playing career and I maybe have one year left," the 35-year-old said.

"I have started doing my coaching badges back in England and hopefully one day I will be able to coach kids or coach some kind of team somewhere."

Scholes narrowly missed out on a 10th Premier League champion's medal when Chelsea pipped United to the title last season. But Ferguson believes Scholes still has the quality for another season at the top and the player is under no illusions about the impact the successful Scot has had on his long career.

"He has been great," added Scholes. "It goes without saying what a top manager he has been. The amount of players he has brought through the youth team is great and it gives hope to all the kids in the youth team that if they are good enough he will definitely use them.

"It has just been fantastic working with him and I think there is a good few years left in him yet."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...scholes-retire

hopefully fergie can convince him to play on.

the finest player i've ever seen, still the class of the premiership in midfield last year.

Unread 24-06-2010, 05:41 PM
History

Good can't wait, hate the ginger @#%&!. Can't come quick enough

[SIZE="4"]Naww im just kiddin ya'll

Unread 24-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
I know I talk some guff on here sometimes, but he is the best passer of a football i've ever seen.

Unread 24-06-2010, 06:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Gibson is £#%&!ing shit. £#%&! off
Cue wonky

Unread 24-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Switching Off

Gingers rule.
Closed Thread