Unread 29-11-2012, 12:49 AM
armchair

Default have we ever been more doom laden

while top of the league?

I don't think so.

(No poll to follow)

Unread 29-11-2012, 01:00 AM
dunk

No. It's shit, really. The certainty that sooner or later City will come through, knock us off and leave us in their wake Is killing us

Unread 29-11-2012, 01:02 AM
Cream

Does your memory stretch back to last season?

I'm still confident we'll be destroying teams come the new year.

Johnny Evans committed his first foul of the season tonight, Rafael is perfect, Vidic will return, Kagattack, RVP = MVP.

It's all gravy.

Unread 29-11-2012, 01:03 AM
dunk

Mine? Yes. Eventually City came through and overtook us don't you remember?

Unread 29-11-2012, 01:06 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
while top of the league?

I don't think so.

(No poll to follow)
Didn't we used to have a concept that ran concurrent with the winning called 'the United way'? I'm pretty sure we did, because every @#%&! who has ever pulled on the shirt or sat in the manager's office has banged on about it ad nauseum. Wasn't it what separated us from dirty Leeds, boring Arsenal and mercenary Chelsea?

Not sure what happened to it.

Where do I vote?

Unread 29-11-2012, 01:07 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
Does your memory stretch back to last season?

I'm still confident we'll be destroying teams come the new year.

Johnny Evans committed his first foul of the season tonight, Rafael is perfect, Vidic will return, Kagattack, RVP = MVP.

It's all gravy.
I think this season comfortably puts that in the shade. We were crushed last season but we had some optimism for the most part of it - preseason it looked like clevers would be good etc - now it seems like overriding gloom. The worst last season was when sparky* posted some thing along the lines of 'by £#%&! lads i think we're going to win this!'

*could've been someone else. also bellers posting his infamous how good will 20 be thread oh ffs i've only gone and pushed myself over the edge.

Unread 29-11-2012, 01:07 AM
Zorg

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
No. It's shit, really. The certainty that sooner or later City will come through, knock us off and leave us in their wake Is killing us
Dis.

Unread 29-11-2012, 01:10 AM
aardvark

ya ya toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooure has done it!

inevitable

Unread 29-11-2012, 01:10 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It was always going to happen though with the investment they have received. Happened with Chelsea and it's happening with them. My only worry post Ferguson is expectation, which is going to be sky high, an impossible job if you will. Even someone of Mourinho's pedigree will struggle. It can't take over the task of competing.

The doom on Fred is peaking already, which I can understand but it's just not me. I just want to try enjoy, albeit through gritted teeth at times what time Ferguson has left at the club. We're on the fringe of a really good side, thought put into a certain position that shall not be named and trust is the key.

The experience factor is just not working and tonight is proof.

Unread 29-11-2012, 01:13 AM
Tumescent Throb

6 £#%&!ing points now between our fingers in the dam and any other @#%&! stopping City's billion pound project further polluting football history

Unread 29-11-2012, 01:19 AM
Cream

Quote:
I think this season comfortably puts that in the shade. We were crushed last season but we had some optimism for the most part of it - preseason it looked like clevers would be good etc - now it seems like overriding gloom. The worst last season was when sparky* posted some thing along the lines of 'by £#%&! lads i think we're going to win this!'

*could've been someone else. also bellers posting his infamous how good will 20 be thread oh ffs i've only gone and pushed myself over the edge.
I remember a lot of doom. It only lifted after we put a spectacular run together.

Whatevs.

By rights we should be better this season and I don't think City have improved.

Unread 29-11-2012, 01:20 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
6 £#%&!ing points now between our fingers in the dam and any other @#%&! stopping City's billion pound project further polluting football history
Agreed, and it's going to happen soon too. Either they will win the derby and push on to the title or they will drop a few points and the character flaws in their squad will reach critical mass and their wheels will come off completely.

Mancini will either win manager of the year or be sacked, there is no middle ground.

Unread 29-11-2012, 01:32 AM
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Agreed, and it's going to happen soon too. Either they will win the derby and push on to the title or they will drop a few points and the character flaws in their squad will reach critical mass and their wheels will come off completely.

Mancini will either win manager of the year or be sacked, there is no middle ground.

are they still in the cl?

Unread 29-11-2012, 01:36 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark
are they still in the cl?
Prem manager of the year.

Unread 29-11-2012, 01:36 AM
taff

i think it's because the utter £#%&!ing shit-storm at the end of last season has made failure even more unacceptable this time around. it was vaguely tolerated when we thought we'd get away with it, now it's just balls-out doom and teeth-gnashing.

Unread 29-11-2012, 01:41 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
i think it's because the utter £#%&!ing shit-storm at the end of last season has made failure even more unacceptable this time around. it was vaguely tolerated when we thought we'd get away with it, now it's just balls-out doom and teeth-gnashing.
balls out mate

Unread 29-11-2012, 02:33 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:

*could've been someone else. also bellers posting his infamous how good will 20 be thread oh ffs i've only gone and pushed myself over the edge.:
(
It was bellers :shakehead:

Unread 29-11-2012, 02:42 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
It was bellers :shakehead:
The FOTY heir apparent.

Unread 29-11-2012, 02:54 AM
Stickman

Im not down with this Unite side at all, no confidence in them for some reason.

Unread 29-11-2012, 10:33 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
why? what happened? Try as I might I can't recall last season. at all.
Closed Thread