United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Aloe Blacc

Default Some Vidic doom

Quote:
Grafite and Dzeko gave Vidic and Rio Ferdinand a fairly torrid time in the first half. Whether it is his summer dalliance with Barcelona or the lingering memory of his humiliation at the hands of Fernando Torres, something has destabilised the Serb. While yellow cards are an occupational hazard for an aggressive central defender, it is worth pointing out, after he picked up his fourth booking in five games for an ugly, desperate grapple on Grafite late in the opening period, that he was booked only three times in 27 matches when he was at his best last season before his encounter with Torres in mid-March.
Tis from the times and by Oliver 'I have an agenda against MUFC' Kay aka Scouse bastard.

He didn't have a pre season this year either, and as for the Torres dig, I can only remember him sleeping once which was for their equaliser and he got skinned ONCE by Torres. He was actually humiliated by Bellamy a couple of years against Liverpool (the late oshea goal game) and recovered fine from that.

Does anyone believe this Vidic to Barca stuff? Vidic claims he rejected them and other clubs, Barca signed Chygrynsky for 25m this summer when they already have Pique, Marquez and Milito who is about to return from injury. I don't personally buy it, would make little sense for them to sign another one. They keep insisting on all this nonsense in the press tho despite ITKs denying any problems.

Unread 01-10-2009, 10:12 AM
wiganste

Default Re: Some Vidic doom

It has nothing to do with Grafite & Dzeko being terrific players.

Sometimes defenders get a hard time. That's football.

Unread 01-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
Tis from the times and by Oliver 'I have an agenda against MUFC' Kay aka Scouse bastard.

He didn't have a pre season this year either, and as for the Torres dig, I can only remember him sleeping once which was for their equaliser and he got skinned ONCE by Torres. He was actually humiliated by Bellamy a couple of years against Liverpool (the late oshea goal game) and recovered fine from that.

Does anyone believe this Vidic to Barca stuff? Vidic claims he rejected them and other clubs, Barca signed Chygrynsky for 25m this summer when they already have Pique, Marquez and Milito who is about to return from injury. I don't personally buy it, would make little sense for them to sign another one. They keep insisting on all this nonsense in the press tho despite ITKs denying any problems.
He can go to Barca as long as Pique comes the other way

Unread 01-10-2009, 10:15 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Aye, we could do with a backup to Evans and Rio.

Unread 01-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Aye, we could do with a backup to Evans and Rio.

Actually Evans and Pique would be a good partnership at the back.

Unread 01-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Too slow. Terrific footballer and everyone who saw him on loan at zaragoza could see he would succeed for Barca. Seems to support United aswell so good on the lad.

We're lucky to have Evans and Cathcart coming through.

Unread 01-10-2009, 10:17 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Actually Evans and Pique would be a good partnership at the back.
It would, not as good as Rio and Evans but good all the same.

Unread 01-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
It would, not as good as Rio and Evans but good all the same.
We do need a backup to Rio though, never sure if he's going to be 100% available. Is Cathcart really that good ?

Unread 01-10-2009, 10:22 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
We do need a backup to Rio though, never sure if he's going to be 100% available. Is Cathcart really that good ?
I think Evans is a very good backup for Rio?

Unread 01-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Part 36 Offer

tbf leg saf you said on another thread that kay was a respected journalist

make up your mind mate

Unread 01-10-2009, 10:25 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
tbf leg saf you said on another thread that kay was a respected journalist

make up your mind mate
He has made up his mind, he's decided to be entirely full of shit.

Unread 01-10-2009, 10:27 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
I think Evans is a very good backup for Rio?
Yes, but if Vidic leaves to Barca then we need another class CB, Pique would be ideal coming the other way, thus having

Evans, Pique, Rio and ...

Ideally we need 4. I know we have Wes and Guiness Boy, but I think they are better as full backs rather than CBs

Unread 01-10-2009, 10:33 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Yes, but if Vidic leaves to Barca then we need another class CB, Pique would be ideal coming the other way, thus having

Evans, Pique, Rio and ...

Ideally we need 4. I know we have Wes and Guiness Boy, but I think they are better as full backs rather than CBs
few too many hypotheticals there for me tbh.

as things stand we have 2 outstanding CB's in Vidic and Rio. Then we have Wes Brown and a fantastic young backup in Evans plus a coupla superb prospects in Cathcart and Chester coming through. I'm not gonna bother making up scenario's to make what is actuially a big strength in our squad into a precarious nightmare.

Unread 01-10-2009, 10:36 AM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
and as for the Torres dig, I can only remember him sleeping once which was for their equaliser and he got skinned ONCE by Torres..
%@#$&!s. Vidic was pants down against Torres in that match and no amount of red tinted specs can hide that. I would agree that he was in fact humiliated by him.

That's not a criticism of him as a player merely a critiscism of his performance in that game. It's just gutting that he pulled that 'mare out of the bag on that day against them @#%&!s.

Unread 01-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
%@#$&!s. Vidic was pants down against Torres in that match and no amount of red tinted specs can hide that. I would agree that he was in fact humiliated by him.

That's not a criticism of him as a player merely a critiscism of his performance in that game. It's just gutting that he pulled that 'mare out of the bag on that day against them @#%&!s.
Was kind of his own fault for not heading the ball clear in the first place. Anyone quicker than him would have beaten him to that ball.

Unread 01-10-2009, 11:25 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Was kind of his own fault for not heading the ball clear in the first place. Anyone quicker than him would have beaten him to that ball.
It was actually an intriguing tussle up to that point. Torres had tried to turn him in the area earlier and Vidic put in a cracking last ditch challenge.

He just completely collapsed after the first goal. As did the team.

He actually had a far worse all round game at Anfield.

Unread 01-10-2009, 02:09 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes

correct.

what's worrying isn't any particular bad performance, it's the frequency with which they have been coming. one of vidic's great strengths was his consistency - a bruce-like 'you can count on me' aura that no matter how difficult the situation, vidic was the man you'd want to be there. that's not been there for a while and he has been quite shaky. far too many fouls as well, using them to get himself out of jail when he's turned or when an attacker gets a step on him in the box from a corner.

there's been a lot of talk about barca being interested etc. but vidic should be more worried about fergie. he won't put up with form like that for too long, especially with evans champing at the bit.

Unread 01-10-2009, 02:12 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
correct.

what's worrying isn't any particular bad performance, it's the frequency with which they have been coming. one of vidic's great strengths was his consistency - a bruce-like 'you can count on me' aura that no matter how difficult the situation, vidic was the man you'd want to be there. that's not been there for a while and he has been quite shaky. far too many fouls as well, using them to get himself out of jail when he's turned or when an attacker gets a step on him in the box from a corner.

there's been a lot of talk about barca being interested etc. but vidic should be more worried about fergie. he won't put up with form like that for too long, especially with evans champing at the bit.

I wouldn't worry. He took time to get going last year too. He's missed much of pre season, playing with different partners and different keepers behind him. Rio's form hasn't exactly been electrifying either, but we're still winning games. I expect we'll tighten up once VDS is back and Rio and Vida get more games under their belts.

Unread 01-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Aloe Blacc

And, JC..just like last year. borsuk demanded Vidic dropped for Evans.

LMFAO

Unread 01-10-2009, 02:15 PM
MUFC One Love

This thread is pointless. I really don't get the point of it?

Oh and I'm worried about Rio more than Vidic. Something isn't right with Rio.
Closed Thread