Closed Thread

Unread 16-05-2018, 10:03 AM
Knockers

I can see England winning it.

Unread 16-05-2018, 10:07 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
The thought of watching England in terms of appeal falls some way between filling in a self assessment tax form and having a prostrate exam.

All true. I enjoy international tournaments but absolutely nowt to do with England - think '96 was the last one where I was vaguely rooting for them, but even then went into school balooning after Germany won. International relatives ftw

Hope Rashers and 'J-Lingz' do well obvs, and show the rest of them up. Awful squad but at least the horrific era of lamps, stevie G and JT is dust and bones.

Think I'll go for a Germany win again this time

Unread 16-05-2018, 10:10 AM
Pop

No references to 1966 yet?

Unread 16-05-2018, 10:11 AM
Sparky***

The only thing more boring and predictable than England failing miserably and crashing out in farce are the army of try-hard, top-red, desperados who all try and out-do each other in how much they want England to fail miserably.

Unread 16-05-2018, 10:13 AM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The only thing more boring and predictable than England failing miserably and crashing out in farce are the army of try-hard, top-red, desperados who all try and out-do each other in how much they want England to fail miserably.
Its weird isn't it, come the time when the matches are on they are all in the pubs and clubs willing them on, its all front and bullshit.

Unread 16-05-2018, 10:14 AM
Knockers

Quote:
The heart wants what it wants though. It just wouldn’t sit well with me if England won. It would give happiness to too many people I think of as #@&%!s and there’s nothing in it for me. That’s isn’t pretend.

Unread 16-05-2018, 10:17 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
The heart wants what it wants though. It just wouldn’t sit well with me if England won. It would give happiness to too many people I think of as #@&%!s and there’s nothing in it for me. That’s isn’t pretend.
God, you're so edgy and cool. I wish i could like football the way you do.

Unread 16-05-2018, 10:17 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Probably more the notion in having any kind of pride or patriotic tendencies in a country which has Theresa May as PM, the Royal Family, and knighted Jimmy Savile being an odd concept tbh.

Unread 16-05-2018, 10:19 AM
Knockers

Quote:
God, you're so edgy and cool. I wish i could like football the way you do.
This is your weird beef with people liking indie bands or whatever writ large. Not everything is an affectation.

Unread 16-05-2018, 10:20 AM
andyroo

The England vs United thing was absolutely £#%&!ing poisonous in the nineties. Even before the Beckham red card when obviously it reached preposterous levels. I know it was a while ago and a lot's changed since but I can see why England lost a lot of reds over that.

I expect Smalling to be the scapegoat this time, difference is the top reds will be cool with that...

Unread 16-05-2018, 10:21 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
The England vs United thing was absolutely £#%&!ing poisonous in the nineties. Even before the Beckham red card when obviously it reached preposterous levels. I know it was a while ago and a lot's changed since but I can see why England lost a lot of reds over that.

I expect Smalling to be the scapegoat this time, difference is the top reds will be cool with that...
It'll be Lingard or Rashford nqat.

Actually think this squad could do quite well.

Unread 16-05-2018, 10:22 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
It'll be Lingard or Rashford nqat.

Actually think this squad could do quite well.
Group draw has been kind. You could get a bit of momentum going.

Unread 16-05-2018, 10:23 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Group draw has been kind. You could get a bit of momentum going.
Only downside will be a starting midfield of Henderson and Dier

Unread 16-05-2018, 10:41 AM
TheFatGoth

Can't £#%&!ing stand England and everything associated with them. I've always been that way. Supporting players you actively want to see do badly every other week of the year is even weirder imo. Hope the United lads do well obvs, but that's regardless of what country they're turning out for. Hope England crash out in hilarious fashion tbh. I'll be Team Ron like I have been since 04.

Unread 16-05-2018, 10:57 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatgoth
. I'll be team ron like i have been since 04.
edl?

Unread 16-05-2018, 11:06 AM
barca99

Piss easy group where the Belgium game should be a dead rubber. Easy first knock out game regardless of whether they finish 1st or 2nd, quarters should be bare minimum and not even something to celebrate tbh, and they will still £#%&! it up.

Unread 16-05-2018, 11:15 AM
Section 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Piss easy group where the Belgium game should be a dead rubber. Easy first knock out game regardless of whether they finish 1st or 2nd, quarters should be bare minimum and not even something to celebrate tbh, and they will still f*** it up.
You’ve just made the same mistake which is made every other year - thinking he group will be a piece of piss

The last 2 WCs England had easy groups and look what happened.

Unread 16-05-2018, 11:20 AM
Bunker Buster

First flight home hopefully....

“Ooooo no one id like more than Vardy to come off the bench....”

? You hate these guys week in week out then go to the pub and cheer them on....
Aligning yourself with Luton town, MK dons and Huddersfield fans...

£#%&! England.

Agree on the hype though, it doesn’t feel World Cup time.

Unread 16-05-2018, 12:41 PM
AK14

Sky sports saying Leon Bailey of Leverkusen could be in.

Unread 16-05-2018, 12:48 PM
tatty

Back in the 90's, when I was more impressionable, I went in for pretending I didn't like England.

It's all a bit ridiculous now though and if you're in the pub with a load of mates and start doing the top red 'I hate England' thing then you're a bit of a wally...and you'll look like one.

As for how well we'll do...I think we will just get out of the group before being knocked out but then this is a squad with little in terms of expectation placed on them so they might surprise.
Closed Thread