United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Care about Pogba leaving ?
Yes 25 37.31%
No 42 62.69%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 10-05-2018, 01:21 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Where does this leave the Griezman deal ?
Part of the Hernandez deal

Unread 10-05-2018, 01:24 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
He's a £#%&!ing #@&%! who ought to be catapulted out of OT into a brick wall, scooped up and catapulted again to Paris.

And them desperate tinpot @#%&!s at PSG will probably pay whatever Utd ask for on the basis of the 'exposure' the dabbing, dancing dongler will give them.

£#%&! off PP, and take your fat mam with you too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean

Unread 10-05-2018, 01:33 PM
Part 36 Offer

Brilliant player and criminally misused this season due to Mourinho's ineptitude. Is the best midfield player in the league on his day but plays for a manager who has no idea how to utilise raw, proper talent the useless piece of shit.

Unread 10-05-2018, 01:34 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Brilliant player and criminally misused this season due to Mourinho's ineptitude. Is the best midfield player in the league on his day but plays for a manager who has no idea how to utilise raw, proper talent the useless piece of shit.

Questions he’s even the best at the club....

Unread 10-05-2018, 01:36 PM
LFOD

Quote:
£#%&! me , on his day , what £#%&!ing day was that? TBH he's not been nor will be the best until he can put a season together. Not one match a month.

Unread 10-05-2018, 01:38 PM
Baron

Comfortably the most talented. Has the best first touch, technique, vision & passing range - also has candyfloss where his brain is.

Should be harnessed better but he has to do the simple things as well, like track a runner or sprint once in a while (facing his own nets rather than going forward).

Would be a joke if we sold him.

Unread 10-05-2018, 01:42 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Id agree he can do things no other midfielder in the world can do, but those 3 words are key ON HIS DAY. When he £#%&!ing chooses to, I like him so much but I think id agree with the lad who said PSG was made for him he can strut about in that league at 50% and will still do great things.

Unread 10-05-2018, 01:43 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Comfortably the most talented. Has the best first touch, technique, vision & passing range - also has candyfloss where his brain is.

Should be harnessed better but he has to do the simple things as well, like track a runner or sprint once in a while (facing his own nets rather than going forward).

Would be a joke if we sold him.
Why would it be a joke if he’s not prepared to do those basic things you just mentioned? At some point the manager has to evaluate whether he can work with a player, right? And it’s easier to work with a player who’e mentally tough and just needs the right instruction than one who thinks he’s god’s gift and has his head all over the place.

Unread 10-05-2018, 01:48 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Questions he’s even the best at the club....
in your very flawed opinion mate.

Baron knows.

Pogba is insanely talented. Mou is destroying him though because he cannot constantly abide by the "system"

Unread 10-05-2018, 01:52 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
in your very flawed opinion mate.

Baron knows.

Pogba is insanely talented. Mou is destroying him though because he cannot constantly abide by the "system"
He’s not put in 5 great performances since his return...

Unread 10-05-2018, 02:14 PM
Tiberian

Pogba situation should not have been that difficult to predict given his personality and the flaws in his game. To think I was worried he would "only" end up our Gerrard.

I love Pogba's talent, he has everything technique and physical ability wise to be as good as anyone in the game, but the mentality has to change, can't have one great performance, or half, or pass, then go back into self-indulgent Paul who is bored by the hard work needed.

Unread 10-05-2018, 02:17 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Pogba situation should not have been that difficult to predict given his personality and the flaws in his game. To think I was worried he would "only" end up our Gerrard.

I love Pogba's talent, he has everything technique and physical ability wise to be as good as anyone in the game, but the mentality has to change, can't have one great performance, or half, or pass, then go back into self-indulgent Paul who is bored by the hard work needed.
He doesn’t have the humility to be a world class midfielder. I was going to say ‘player’, then i remembered Ronaldo.

Unread 10-05-2018, 02:23 PM
ZiggyStardust

Very frustrating player as he has the talent but just doesn't seem to have the footballing brain required to be a midfield playmaker

Would like to see him under a more modern progressive coach but with Jose staying next season I don't see the point in him staying as it's never going to work in a Jose team
Better getting another top class but more orthodox midfield playmaker in and cut our losses with Pogba

Unread 10-05-2018, 02:25 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
He doesn’t have the humility to be a world class midfielder. I was going to say ‘player’, then i remembered Ronaldo.
Different level of course but coaches in my youth always used to tell me that CM was the most boring role to play, because so much of what you are asked to do is for the team, much of it unnoticed, simple things like tracking a run. Can do that 30 times a game and the only time it is talked about is when you switch off, or are a step slow.

I hoped Pogba would have the willingness to adapt and take on those responsibilities, but it seems unlikely now. The question then becomes, especially under Mou, is he then capable of producing the goals and attacking consistency needed from more of a pure attacker? Higher up worry that he slows the games down too much.

Unread 10-05-2018, 02:28 PM
andyroo

He was a strange signing for Mourinho in the first place tbh. I'm sure we're in for a "Mou Mou: I did not sign Pogba" thread in a few years when both have £#%&!ed off.

Unread 10-05-2018, 02:33 PM
rustling jimmies

Quote:
Is the best midfield player in the league on his day
Clown

Unread 10-05-2018, 03:20 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Why would it be a joke if he’s not prepared to do those basic things you just mentioned? At some point the manager has to evaluate whether he can work with a player, right? And it’s easier to work with a player who’e mentally tough and just needs the right instruction than one who thinks he’s god’s gift and has his head all over the place.
It would be a joke because if you cannot find a place for that kind of talent & harness it, what kind of manager are you?

It's actually baffling to me because Mourinho just needs to play him the same way he did Lampard. Absolved of responsibility by playing 2 quality players behind - he already has Matic to cover the role Makelele played, he just needs to find an Essien who will add the rest.

Mourinho's migration from a 4-3-3 to a more rigid version of the 4-2-3-1 he's played for years is £#%&!ing boring.

Unread 10-05-2018, 04:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Thanks for the memory
There, corrected.

Unread 10-05-2018, 05:09 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
There, corrected.

Unread 10-05-2018, 07:31 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
There, corrected.

Pretty good for you. Squires must be rubbing off.
Closed Thread