United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-12-2017, 02:11 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Good goalie, but, to be fair, most on here probably never saw Schmeichel in the 90s, so understandable that they think the Spanish guy is the best we've had.

The Dane pretty much changed goalkeeping in this country, and won the £#%&!ing Treble. Made mistakes that De Gea doesn't, but had a leadership and command that the Spaniard lacks.

De Gea is probably the best in Europe now though; certainly the best shot stopper. Just think how good he'd be if he could marshal a back line.
The first Schmeichel mistake I can remember is the one against Barnsley. Didn’t make many more until the treble season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yeah schmeichel and Kahn during the 90s were the best. The save Schmeichel made in vienna that time then there was that point blank header he saved from Zamorano at old trafford. £#%&!ing insane.
Who was the star jump save against? Spurs ?

Unread 03-12-2017, 02:12 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
The first Schmeichel mistake I can remember is the one against Barnsley. Didn’t make many more until the treble season

To put De Gea's performance yesterday into some perspective...

this remains the greatest goalkeeping performance i've ever seen

Unread 03-12-2017, 02:25 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pplROgaUbEw

To put De Gea's performance yesterday into some perspective...

this remains the greatest goalkeeping performance i've ever seen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ2ph26-Kp4

Nah, this game for me.

Unread 03-12-2017, 02:39 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times

Schmeichal made regular errors very early on. Think Leeds home game is one he completely missed the ball backnpost header

Unread 03-12-2017, 03:00 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Would genuinely love to have the match threads and early de gea posts on here remember backing him weekly whilst the experts £#%&!ing pummelled him on this site and no surprise for guessing the main culprit .. similar ones who slate young Lindelof rashford jesse yes those ones The rinus michels of the forum

Quote:
Sell him back to spain ASAP He'll never make it.What a shithouse @#%&! of a keeper, scared of the big stage.Daft decisions, terrible position, oh and he cant actually dive. No Command of the box, cant speak English and rio keeps ripping into him, never seen a keeper so nervous before.He'll cost us the league.
Quote:
Don't think I've ever agreed with anything ******* has said before but I'd get Lindergard in goal pronto.
Quote:
Bosnich II It wasnt just that save, he's had a terrible terrible half.He'll cost us points at swansea let alone, anfield or Stamford bridge.
Quote:
Get this Spanish joker off ffs.

Unread 03-12-2017, 03:27 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Perfect. Any clues to who wrote this shit

Unread 03-12-2017, 04:19 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Good goalie, but, to be fair, most on here probably never saw Schmeichel in the 90s, so understandable that they think the Spanish guy is the best we've had.

The Dane pretty much changed goalkeeping in this country, and won the f***ing Treble. Made mistakes that De Gea doesn't, but had a leadership and command that the Spaniard lacks.

De Gea is probably the best in Europe now though; certainly the best shot stopper. Just think how good he'd be if he could marshal a back line.
I think we've had 3 brilliant and very different keepers in him, Schmeichel and VDS.

AS you say, Schmeichel changed goalkeeping. His throws, those star fish one on one saves. He was unique and such a presence. Star quality in a keeper.

VDS was just such a cool, calm bastard. The steadiest of eddies. I've never seen a keeper make so few errors. The most calming influence.

De Gea has his flaws, but I think he's the most technically brilliant of the lot. Some of the athleticism in his saves is special and the sheer volume of outstanding saves me makes is incredible. Better command of his box and he'll become our best ever imo.

Unread 03-12-2017, 05:09 PM
Pop

Looks so simple but still....

Unread 03-12-2017, 05:29 PM
History

VDS had great organisation and positioning. But could have some absolute mares when trying to dominate the box. Immense with his feet as well

Schmeichel was as good as a shot stopper as anyone there's ever been. Was inbetween eras where keepers need to be as good as footballers as the outfield players.

De gea is like the perfect mix. The most complete we've ever had.

Unread 03-12-2017, 09:11 PM
puressence

Gary Walsh was better than all these

Unread 03-12-2017, 09:27 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Gary Walsh was better than all these
Funnily enough he too suffered a knock on the head.

Unread 03-12-2017, 09:37 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Yep I was there. Hillsboro he played on won 4-2 I think

Unread 03-12-2017, 09:37 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Unread 03-12-2017, 09:39 PM
sa7

Looks like Napoleon has had a beer tonight.

Desperately trying to recruit people to his bizarre Sparky fan club

Unread 03-12-2017, 11:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Looks like Napoleon has had a beer tonight.

Desperately trying to recruit people to his bizarre Sparky fan club
Que?

Unread 03-12-2017, 11:16 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Que?
Orwellian reference pal

Unread 05-12-2017, 09:29 PM
Pop

Well if Mark £#%&!ing Schwarzer doesn't rate DDG who are we to disagree?

Unread 05-12-2017, 10:32 PM
Billy Redface

Lloris
Closed Thread