United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-05-2018, 11:06 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Unless his attitude improves it doesn't much matter what shirt he wears tbh. That is arguably the big thing holding him back.
that's the sort of thinking that led to chelsea fans justifying de bruyne leaving because they had andre schurle

Unread 21-05-2018, 11:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
A loan to Dortmund or Atletico or whoever would suggest it's one more year for Jose.
Loan to Spurs?

I agree with your logic and it's actually the way a club should be run. Not sure the club would let Mou get in an expensive replacement if it's just a loan for Martial though. Perhaps Willian for a reasonable fee would be compromise.

Isn't Martial close to the end of his deal? Complicates things a little as I'm sure he'll want an increase.

Unread 21-05-2018, 11:23 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Loan to Spurs?

I agree with your logic and it's actually the way a club should be run. Not sure the club would let Mou get in an expensive replacement if it's just a loan for Martial though. Perhaps Willian for a reasonable fee would be compromise.

Isn't Martial close to the end of his deal? Complicates things a little as I'm sure he'll want an increase.
Summer 19 but an option for a further year. Yeah it does complicate it. There's a risk he comes back and just runs it down.

Unread 22-05-2018, 06:37 AM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
You - and others - keep saying this but Martial is statistically one of the most productive players in the league, despite his age and his erratic use. With the full faith of his manager in an attacking set-up, I think there's a very good chance he makes mugs of us elsewhere.
Hmmm. Dunno about using stats as an argument for anything this season. We got a fairly massive points total and in reality it’s been shit to watch and nobody is happy. Martial might have the most impressive stats on earth but he really hasn’t kicked on like we thought he would. He seems to be getting better with every game he doesn’t get picked for.

Unread 22-05-2018, 06:57 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Spurs so we can buy Alderweireld apparently.

Genius as ever.
This is what the BBC and the London Evening Standard are both suggestimg now too.

Unread 22-05-2018, 07:12 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Hmmm. Dunno about using stats as an argument for anything this season. We got a fairly massive points total and in reality it’s been shit to watch and nobody is happy. Martial might have the most impressive stats on earth but he really hasn’t kicked on like we thought he would. He seems to be getting better with every game he doesn’t get picked for.
For a forward stats in terms of goal and assist production are fairly solid, surely? It's all we hear about with Ronaldo.

I didn't especially expect him to kick on tbf. He's given it a go, but Mou has seemed determined to ruin him from the get-go.
Closed Thread