United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 20-12-2017, 11:47 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f*** KFC
We won those three games you f***ing #@&%!...you are a f***ing a******
Yeah cause we played well in those games.

We’ve been shite for months, a decent week but the rest absolute dross

Unread 20-12-2017, 11:48 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Sad thing is the peformance wasn’t that bad when consider the absolute dross being served up recently. Brighton, Bournemouth and West Brom anyone?

Incredible how some are still buying that Rashford (out wide) and Martial in general are good enough to be in a title winning squad.

Probably not a bad result when it comes to making the changes that need to be made, less games.

Thought Shaw was good again. .
Rashford is possibly the most overhyped player around. He is not worth the 100 million the MEN poll valued him at. Martial is a better player. Rashford plenty good enough to be a squad player, but never a 1st choice winger. I realise Zlat has been out for a long time but that performance of his was absolutely awful & we cant afford to wait a few months for him to regain match fitness & sharpness.

Unread 20-12-2017, 11:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
I’m starting to lose my shit with Martial and Rashford. I can let it slide with the useless £#%&!ers that will never be good enough. But these two clearly have talent but are far to inconsistent...... sort it out ffs !!
Aside from running fast in straight lines, what exactly does Rashford do exceptionally well bearing in mind that he's got virtually 100 first team appearances under his belt?

He doesn't cross well, can't take free kicks, he's not a great finisher, he doesn't show an eye for a pass, he doesn't seem to show much game intelligence to see the bigger picture beyond the ball at his feet.

What area has he improved in since he made his debut? What does he do better?

£#%&! all, would be the answer to that. He's not got one bit better.

Martial on the other hand is a great finisher and better at beating people. He is however a lazy #@&%! who quickly lets his head drop when things don't go his way.

Unread 20-12-2017, 11:51 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Aside from running fast in straight lines, what exactly does Rashford do exceptionally well bearing in mind that he's got virtually 100 first team appearances under his belt?

He doesn't cross well, can't take free kicks, he's not a great finisher, he doesn't show an eye for a pass, he doesn't seem to show much game intelligence to see the bigger picture beyond the ball at his feet.

f*** all, would be the answer to that. He's not got one bit better.

Martial on the other hand is a great finisher and better at beating people. He is however a lazy #@&%! who quickly lets his head drop when things don't go his way.
He hits it hard.

Unread 20-12-2017, 11:53 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
If nothing else, it shows why the manager was so keen to get another forward in last summer.

I know we like to look back to the Babes or even the Fledglings, but "potential" is never going to cut it for United in this cash-drenched age.
It's a double edged sword though. If he bought another forward - Perisic- that would have blocked the path for one of them. Martial is a very good player beyond his age imo. There's only a handful of players who I'd say...yeah Martial can drop out for him. Rashford's got more to work with but I'm watching him lately and thinking the reason why he's doing poorly is he's trying too hard to impress. Don't know if it's ego but the guy needs to stop thinking he's Ronaldinho because he's trying and failing to pull off tricks.

I didn't understand the Lukaku signing as one of Martial/Rashford should be the long term striker for Utd. They fit the profile of a Utd striker but obviously are rough around the edges. By dropping £75m on Lukaku we've kinda committed ourselves to having him for the next five years and I personally think if Utd wants to return to the pinnacle of the game they will have to outgrow Lukaku. In a similar way that Herrera got plaudits for his performances playing for the 4th/5th/6th best team but we know see is not good enough to start for a real title challenger.

Unread 20-12-2017, 11:58 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
It's a double edged sword though. If he bought another forward - Perisic- that would have blocked the path for one of them. Martial is a very good player beyond his age imo. There's only a handful of players who I'd say...yeah Martial can drop out for him. Rashford's got more to work with but I'm watching him lately and thinking the reason why he's doing poorly is he's trying too hard to impress. Don't know if it's ego but the guy needs to stop thinking he's Ronaldinho because he's trying and failing to pull off tricks.

I didn't understand the Lukaku signing as one of Martial/Rashford should be the long term striker for Utd. They fit the profile of a Utd striker but obviously are rough around the edges. By dropping £75m on Lukaku we've kinda committed ourselves to having him for the next five years and I personally think if Utd wants to return to the pinnacle of the game they will have to outgrow Lukaku. In a similar way that Herrera got plaudits for his performances playing for the 4th/5th/6th best team but we know see is not good enough to start for a real title challenger.
Rashford is not the future number 1 striker at Utd . Lukaku might not be everybody's ideal footballer but he does his job . Few players have a better scoring record than him . All he needs is decent service & he's not getting it .

Unread 20-12-2017, 11:58 PM
utd99

I don’t even know what to say anymore.

We have people on here bigging up a lot of our players based on potential or good things that they’ve done here or there, but honestly all I see is mistake after mistake after mistake. Horrible execution, horrible decisions and just general poor play. Yeah I get it that after a goal or an assist, even a good game here or there, that it’s easy to blaze on here and call everyone who raised questions mugs, but the truth is that even good passages of play are too often bookended by long periods of execution that you wouldn’t expect in the Ithsmian league.

How do you coach that out of them if you’re Mourinho? Say “Don’t blast it forty yards over the bar”? “Don’t just run into players like some mindless £#%&!ing juggernaut”? “Don’t just hoof the ball out of play”? I’m not immune either; I like -or have liked- Blind, but what the £#%&! was he doing for their first? If an under 11 player ducked out of a challenge like that I’d take him off for a talking to. Sorry, it’s just not £#%&!ing good enough. You simply don’t see the top teams do what we do or play the way we play way too often. £#%&! knows how we’re 2nd.

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:02 AM
Denis Irwell

Didn’t fancy City in the semis?

(The players, not me)

2nd thoughts... actually, me as well

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:02 AM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Arf, don't care, only the league cup. Least we can not blame not winning this competition on City spending a lot of money.
fair comment in the fergie years, but at what point is it less standards and more complacency? granted, many will struggle to get too arsed about tonight, but it's yet another defeat that seems to be generating an aura of insipidity and negativity around the club. if we could point to mitigating factors, then fine - the young players will learn from the experience, mourinho will use it to fire a siege mentality - but that doesn't seem to be happening. progress seems to be anaemic at best, one step forward then two back. at times like these, united just seem a pointlessly reactive, navel-gazing mess.

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:03 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Lukaku might not be everybody's ideal footballer but he does his job . Few players have a better scoring record than him . All he needs is decent service & he's not getting it .
He's £#%&!ing rank.
Dogshit.

Ibrahimovic can £#%&! off as well. Useless £#%&!ing "Lion"

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:05 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

We have people on here bigging up a lot of our players based on potential or good things that they’ve done here or there, but honestly all I see is mistake after mistake after mistake. Horrible execution, horrible decisions and just general poor play. Yeah I get it that after a goal or an assist, even a good game here or there, that it’s easy to blaze on here and call everyone who raised questions mugs, but the truth is that even good passages of play are too often bookended by long periods of execution that you wouldn’t expect in the Ithsmian league.

How do you coach that out of them if you’re Mourinho? Say “Don’t blast it forty yards over the bar”? “Don’t just run into players like some mindless £#%&!ing juggernaut”? “Don’t just hoof the ball out of play”? I’m not immune either; I like -or have liked- Blind, but what the £#%&! was he doing for their first? If an under 11 player ducked out of a challenge like that I’d take him off for a talking to. Sorry, it’s just not £#%&!ing good enough. You simply don’t see the top teams do what we do or play the way we play way too often. £#%&! knows how we’re 2nd.
I have been waiting 3 seasons to see Blind play in what I thought is his best position & he £#%&!ed it up. One supers last ditch tackle but really poor otherwise. Maybe a player like Doucoure would release Pogba more. Box to box ball winning beast with a goal in him.

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:05 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
poor old kev. still can't tell the difference between results and quality.
Shut up you £#%&!ing arsewipe

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:06 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

they won't be for long unless the performance levels seriously start picking up. You can't consistently produce below par performances and not expect to eventually be punished for it.

Aside from the money, the pretentious football 'philosophy' stuff and the fact they have far superior squad....the biggest single difference between United and City is the level of effort and energy they put into the game compared to us. Christ almighty we are a £#%&!ing slow, pedestrian and at times downright lazy team. We amble about, we make token efforts to close the opposition down but nobody seems to bust a gut. Even when we have opportunities to attack, you're waiting for red shirts to join in and eventually one ambles along to give the man on the ball an option for a pass. By that time the chance of a quick attack has gone.

Make no mistake, it's now the FA Cup or nothing for us. The league has gone and anyone who thinks that lot are capable of winning the champions league should be £#%&!ing locked up for their own safety.

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:08 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

Martial was £#%&!ing dogshit....Rashford was shit but not as bad as Martial

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:09 AM
andyroo

So players who were absolutely £#%&!ing ace when they first hit our first team are turning to shit before our very eyes, and it's their fault and not the coach's.

Righty then.

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:18 AM
marlo

Quote:

martial is going to be a great player.
rashford however will be at a mid table club by his mid 20s and then disappear like cleverley. a very very limited player and a lesser version of a young Walcott.
he can strike a ball but all the basics of a top quality striker in the making aren't there.

his control is poor, finishing very erratic, his decision making is very poor.
a top young talent should have be showing clear signs of 2 of the 3 qualities like martial.
if he was at Swansea we wouldn't even know who he is a bit like Tammy Abraham (who? exactly).

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:18 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
So players who were absolutely £#%&!ing ace when they first hit our first team are turning to shit before our very eyes, and it's their fault and not the coach's.

Righty then.
there is no point in being sensible with some people on here. ooh, he's a world famous manager.... think you could do better? ooh, he's a professor.... don't argue with him.

mourinho is a shit coach who can't make players better, he can only bring in better players. and still play shit football. whilst being a @#%&!. at least he hasn't made united into a team of diving, shirt-pulling*, whining cheats, I suppose.

* I'm not going to blame him for smalling.

he can £#%&! off. he could £#%&! off before he even got here. and he could £#%&! off 14 years ago too. no one who loves football could even stand to look at mourinho without wincing. only a complete dick would defend this complete dick. he even looks like shit now, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
rashford however will be at a mid table club by his mid 20s and then disappear like cleverley. a very very limited player and a lesser version of a young Walcott.
he can strike a ball but all the basics of a top quality striker in the making aren't there.

his control is poor, finishing very erratic, his decision making is very poor.
a top young talent should have be showing clear signs of 2 of the 3 qualities like martial.
if he was at Swansea we wouldn't even know who he is a bit like Tammy Abraham (who? exactly).
everyone knows who tammy abraham is and you're wrong about rashford. next you'll be saying timmeh has found his level at palace.

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:20 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Amazing how few see this.

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:21 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
there is no point in being sensible with some people on here. ooh, he's a world famous manager.... think you could do better? ooh, he's a professor.... don't argue with him.

mourinho is a shit coach who can't make players better, he can only bring in better players. and still play shit football. whilst being a @#%&!. at least he hasn't made united into a team of diving, shirt-pulling*, whining cheats, I suppose.

* I'm not going to blame him for smalling.

he can £#%&! off. he could £#%&! off before he even got here. and he could £#%&! off 14 years ago too. no one who loves football could even stand to look at mourinho without wincing. only a complete dick would defend this complete dick. he even looks like shit now, too.

everyone knows who tammy abraham is and you're wrong about rashford. next you'll be saying timmeh has found his level at palace.
jesus has it been 14 years since he was at porto? £#%&! i feel old

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:27 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Righty then.
Would be funny if it wasn’t so predictable. You scoff at the idea that Mourinho isn’t great with youth players, then when he fails to develop any of the very obvious talent we have, you blame the kids for not being good enough anymore. Full proof plan tbf.

Just waiting for the Rashford is a craxkhead rumours.