United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-09-2012, 08:59 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

it's not shit. it's just not as good as it should be. it's not that the players we've got aren't capable of it, it's that they haven't done it/don't do it consistently.

i think he's been extraordinarily patient - too patient - with anderson, hargreaves, fletcher and carrick over the last few years, for different reasons, where he'd have been better to have let a couple go and bring in somebody else.

not the first time fergie's been overly loyal to players. he's often characterised as a manager who cuts players loose brutally when it's time; i think he tends more the other way, he keeps players on too long quite often (keane, neville, park, berbatov etc).
Too patient or too pig-headed? It's like he gets an idea, he thinks it right and he has to stick with it - no matter how results/performances go.

Like when he stuck with Alan Smith in midfield for over a season or when he did the same with O'Shea. Evra has looked shot for well over a season, lets hope Buttner gets a proper look in now. Scholes up front as a striker? Berbatov ending up as top scorer, then getting bombed out and left on the bench - despite our other strikers having an abysmal time. The rotation of our keepers is still going on The utter refusal to add to the midfield when we were desperate with other teams snapping up bargain after bargain.Scholes and Giggs playing . Rooney in midfield. Welbeck on the left of a front 3 while Nani sits on the bench. Rooney on the left of a front 3. His refusal to change things until it's too late in games......the list is £#%&!ing huge.

Sometimes it's so obviously wrong, it's unbelievable that he doesn't change it.

Unread 20-09-2012, 09:05 PM
utd99

What Ferguson has done in football is unprecedented. His achievements in Scotland alone set him apart, but what he has accomplished as manager of United is peerless. Sir Matt might have come close if '58 hadn't robbed him of the best young team in the world, and Paisley inherited the best team on the continent, but the others, Shankly, Clough, Revie et al don't even come close. Mourinho plays musical clubs, Guardiola couldn't hack it after a handful of years and Wenger hasn't won a trophy in seven seasons.

We have the greatest manager of all time and half of you lot talk about him as though he's a dolt. 'Does he know this?' Does he know that?' 'He's clueless', 'Sir £#%&!wit'... good god.

Some on here need a serious reality check. Every other supporter of every other club in the land would gnaw their own arm off to have had what we've had for two decades. Every season we've won the league, including the treble year, we've had periods where the team were performing poorly, games where we were shit, but that all gets forgotten in the instant gratification world of todays football supporters. It's like we've regressed to infants shrieking because we need our rusk and we need it now.

Whatever we think we know about football, Ferguson knows more. Whatever we think we know about United, Ferguson knows more. However much we want the team to win trophies, he wants it more, and however equipped we think we are to decide which player we need or formation to play, he knows better. I know this because only one person in the history of British football has done what he's done. One.

There comes a time where you have to let a track record and history speak for itself and trust the man to do what he does.

Unread 20-09-2012, 09:07 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
What Ferguson has done in football is unprecedented. His achievments in Scotland alone set him apart, but what he has as manager of United is peerless. Sir Matt might have come close if '58 hadn't robbed him of the best young team in the world and Paisley inherited the best team on the continent, but the others, Shankly, Clough, Revie et al don't even come close. Mourinho plays musical clubs, Guardiola couldn't hack it after a handful of years and Wenger hasn't won a trophy in seven seasons.

We have the greatest manager of all time and half of you lot talk about him as though he's a dolt. "Does he know this?' Does he know that?' 'He's clueless', 'Sir £#%&!wit'... good god.

Most on here needs a serious reality check. Every other supporter of every other club in the land would gnaw their own arm off to have had what we've had for two decades. Every season we've won the league, including the treble year, have had periods where the team were performing poorly, games where we were shit, but that all gets forgotten in the instant gratification world of todays football supporters. It's like we've regressed to infants shreiking because we need our rusk and we need it now.

Whatever we think we know about football, Ferguson knows more. Whatever we think we know about United, Ferguson knows more. However much we want the team to win trophies, he wants it more, and however equipped we think we are to decide which player we need or formation to play, he knows better. I know this because only one person in the history of British football has done what he's done. One.There comes a time where you have to let a track record and history speak for itself and trust the man to do what he does.
Sir Chip likes this.

Unread 20-09-2012, 09:11 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
What Ferguson has done in football is unprecedented. His achievments in Scotland alone set him apart, but what he has as manager of United is peerless. Sir Matt might have come close if '58 hadn't robbed him of the best young team in the world and Paisley inherited the best team on the continent, but the others, Shankly, Clough, Revie et al don't even come close. Mourinho plays musical clubs, Guardiola couldn't hack it after a handful of years and Wenger hasn't won a trophy in seven seasons.

We have the greatest manager of all time and half of you lot talk about him as though he's a dolt. "Does he know this?' Does he know that?' 'He's clueless', 'Sir £#%&!wit'... good god.

Most on here needs a serious reality check. Every other supporter of every other club in the land would gnaw their own arm off to have had what we've had for two decades. Every season we've won the league, including the treble year, have had periods where the team were performing poorly, games where we were shit, but that all gets forgotten in the instant gratification world of todays football supporters. It's like we've regressed to infants shreiking because we need our rusk and we need it now.

Whatever we think we know about football, Ferguson knows more. Whatever we think we know about United, Ferguson knows more. However much we want the team to win trophies, he wants it more, and however equipped we think we are to decide which player we need or formation to play, he knows better. I know this because only one person in the history of British football has done what he's done. One.There comes a time where you have to let a track record and history speak for itself and trust the man to do what he does.
Without sounding like a #@&%!, I knew there'd be a few of these posts: "Pffffftm his record speaks for itself"

It does and you're right. He's our best manager and will never be bettered - I love the guy ffs and would never go down the 'senile Glazer #@&%! sucking @#%&!' road. There's no question though, we're really struggling and have been for a number of years now (Ferguson has set the bar himself) and some of the decision making is truly baffling.

I really don't want a row about what he's done for us - I'm obviously well aware that most of my footballing highlights are down to him managing our club. Doesn't stop us from questioning what goes on though.

Unread 20-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Redordead

Quote:

£#%&!ing this.

Unread 20-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Alan

Quote:

Yep, let's just close the forum.

I've only seen this kind of reply about 793,000,000 times on forums, and it gets more tedious every single time.

Unread 21-09-2012, 12:05 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Without sounding like a #@&%!, I knew there'd be a few of these posts: Doesn't stop us from questioning what goes on though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Sorry but complete deference in any circumstance is great only if you're into religious dogma.

Everyone should have a second opinion. Everyone should be challenged to scrutinise the decisions they make.

I'm sorry if that offends but if there's some higher good i'm missing - when the £#%&! does it become apparent to the lesser mortals?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Yep, let's just close the forum.

I've only seen this kind of reply about 793,000,000 times on forums, and it gets more tedious every single time.
And if you read what I posted, nowhere does it suggest that questions shouldn't be asked, decisions debated, or performances critiqued. This is a forum and that's it's purpose. There is however a big difference between reasoned debate and portraying our manager as a clueless £#%&!wit, that's the point I was trying to make.

After everything the man has accomplished in his career, to suggest that he doesn't know what he's doing is one of the most bizarre statements anyone could possibly make, and the level of disrespect from people who have experienced more highs than any sports fan has a reasonable right to expect is nauseating.

Unread 21-09-2012, 12:07 AM
Football Fan

Quote:
And if you read what I posted, nowhere does it suggest that questions shouldn't be asked, decisions debated, or performances critiqued. This is a forum and that's it's purpose. There is however a big difference between reasoned debate and portraying our manager as a clueless £#%&!wit, that's the point I was trying to make.

After everything the man has accomplished in his career, to suggest that he doesn't know what he's doing is one of the most bizarre statements anyone could possibly make, and the level of disrespect from people who have experienced more highs than any sports fan has a reasonable right to expect is nauseating.
Where's the "RIMS FERGIE SMILIE"?

Unread 21-09-2012, 12:36 AM
Alan

Quote:

Respect? Get £#%&!ed. It's football. Plenty of people I respect more in this world than a £#%&!ing football manager.

You are by far the most nauseating with your condescending tone.

By all means disagree, but if the best you can manage is 'he's won loads, you can't question him', then don't bother.

Unread 21-09-2012, 01:07 AM
utd99

What the £#%&! are you talking about?

Quote:
Respect? Get £#%&!ed. It's football. Plenty of people I respect more in this world than a £#%&!ing football manager.
Me too. What's your point?

Quote:
You are by far the most nauseating with your condescending tone.
I'd have thought you'd be used to it.

Quote:
By all means disagree, but if the best you can manage is 'he's won loads, you can't question him', then don't bother.
From the post you were responding to: "nowhere does it suggest that questions shouldn't be asked"

Can you read?

Unread 21-09-2012, 01:10 AM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up

Quote:

pretty much the best post everon here

Unread 21-09-2012, 01:17 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

If it's all the same to you, i'll say whatever the £#%&! i like.

Nice post though.

Unread 21-09-2012, 01:23 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
If it's all the same to you, i'll say whatever the £#%&! i like.

Nice post though.
Clearly

Cheers.

Unread 21-09-2012, 02:24 AM
Alan

Quote:
What the £#%&! are you talking about?

Me too. What's your point?

I'd have thought you'd be used to it.

From the post you were responding to: "nowhere does it suggest that questions shouldn't be asked"

Can you read?
I'm not all that used to your condescension tbh. Most of the time I skim over your posts because I find them incredibly Top Red try hardish, although I did have you on ignore for a while too.

My point re: respect is that you have suggested we should respect him more. £#%&! off.

Nowhere do you suggest that we shouldn't question him? Can I read?

Below is a quote of yours. Looks like you're the one that can't read.

You really must be a few sandwiches short, when you post stuff and then deny it

Quote:

Whatever we think we know about football, Ferguson knows more. Whatever we think we know about United, Ferguson knows more.

Unread 21-09-2012, 03:08 AM
Cream

His stubbornness is his greatest asset and, quite possibly, his biggest flaw.

Same with any dictator.

Unread 21-09-2012, 04:32 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
I'm not all that used to your condescension tbh. Most of the time I skim over your posts because I find them incredibly Top Red try hardish, although I did have you on ignore for a while too.

My point re: respect is that you have suggested we should respect him more. £#%&! off.

Nowhere do you suggest that we shouldn't question him? Can I read?

Below is a quote of yours. Looks like you're the one that can't read.

You really must be a few sandwiches short, when you post stuff and then deny it
I can't really respond to this because either your incomprehension of simple points is shocking, or you're on a wind up.

Either way please place me back on ignore.

Unread 21-09-2012, 05:33 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Said last night - what does Phelan bring to the table (apart from shorts)?

We're tactically clueless.
How do you know what he brings? Are you down at Carrington every day monitoring his performance?

Unread 21-09-2012, 06:31 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
How do you know what he brings? Are you down at Carrington every day monitoring his performance?
is there a tescos extra at carrington ?

Unread 21-09-2012, 06:42 AM
rebelcountyred

Thumbs up

Quote:
cuts the half time oranges up like nobody else

Unread 21-09-2012, 06:53 AM
Gruber

Quote:
I get what you're saying but, I don't know if that's a really valid argument tbh mate.

When you go to a restaurant how do you know if the chef hasn't pissed in your soup if you haven't watched him make it from scratch?

We have some quality young players in the squad (and I include Rooney in that) who are not progressing and look quite mediocre at times. Players that have been here a while now like Nani, Anderson and Rooney should be turning in consistently good performances yet they don't.

If it's not down to coaching, then they are on a holiday and should be £#%&!ed off sharpish.
Closed Thread