United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Old 31-07-2007, 08:11 AM
Sam the Sanitary Man

Default Mark E Smith & the Fall book

Bought this yesterday. Anyone else read it? Mark E Smith always great interview material. looking forward to ploughing through it this week

Old 31-07-2007, 08:15 AM
no fun

read it a while back

good read, smith comes over as a very complicated character

speaking of the fall (namedropper alert) bumped into marc riley at the arctic monkeys gig on sunday

Old 31-07-2007, 08:16 AM
Sam the Sanitary Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
read it a while back

good read, smith comes over as a very complicated character

speaking of the fall (namedropper alert) bumped into marc riley at the arctic monkeys gig on sunday
Was he with the Boyle?

Old 31-07-2007, 08:18 AM
Boyle70

Every year I see the same faces in the liggers bit and Marc is usually one of them, yet I didn't see him or anone really. In fact I'd say the only famous folk there were me and Zane Lowe.

Mike Joyce from the smiths ws also present!

Old 31-07-2007, 08:19 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam the Sanitary Man
Was he with the Boyle?

no, he was in the vip bit and my youngest was desperate for the loo - the queues were a mile long, so marcs missus used her pass to take him to the posh bogs in the pavillion

Old 31-07-2007, 08:20 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyle70
Every year I see the same faces in the liggers bit and Marc is usually one of them, yet I didn't see him or anone really. In fact I'd say the only famous folk there were me and Zane Lowe.

Mike Joyce from the smiths ws also present!

cant believe you didnt get thrown out for butting him

Old 31-07-2007, 08:25 AM
Sam the Sanitary Man

My dad used to work with Marc Riley's dad. I chatted to Marc Riley at a Sonic Youth/Firehose gig in the eighties. At the same gig a well known Football Club Chief Exec of our acquaintance fell asleep near the speakers pissed!

Old 31-07-2007, 08:26 AM
24hr Leavesey

Any mention of former band members in the book - Specifically Ben Pritchard ?

Old 31-07-2007, 08:28 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam the Sanitary Man
My dad used to work with Marc Riley's dad. I chatted to Marc Riley at a Sonic Youth/Firehose gig in the eighties. At the same gig a well known Football Club Chief Exec of our acquaintance fell asleep near the speakers pissed!

better not mention his name

people will accuse him of embezzlement if he can afford a ticket for a sonic youth gig

Old 31-07-2007, 08:30 AM
Sam the Sanitary Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
Any mention of former band members in the book - Specifically Ben Pritchard ?
It was written in 2003 & I haven't started it yet. A mate of mine was in the band for a while, Brian Fanning
Closed Thread