Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-11-2017, 03:17 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Kane and Alli off with 15 to go.

Poch not even trying to get back into the game
They were shit at our place and they have been shit today.

Bottled their key moments last season too.

Came in to our game with a 100% away record. £#%&!ed up the two that really matter.

I think they're a good side and poch is a good coach. There's a lot to admire about them..... but there's only so long you can be the 'attractive bridesmaids'.

They probably came in to this season with the more expectation than either of the last two and they don't seem to handle that well.

No trophy in ten years. Poch never won one in his career (I don't think...?...). They even ballsed up their league cup campaign - a good shot at a trophy.

History won't remember how popular they were unless they start showing up when it matters and winning trophies.

Unread 18-11-2017, 03:21 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

Came in to our game with a 100% away record. f***ed up the two that really matter.

I think they're a good side and poch is a good coach. There's a lot to admire about them..... but there's only so long you can be the 'attractive bridesmaids'.

They probably came in to this season with the more expectation than either of the last two and they don't seem to handle that well.

No trophy in ten years. Poch never won one in his career (I don't think...?...). They even ballsed up their league cup campaign - a good shot at a trophy.

History won't remember how popular they were unless they start showing up when it matters and winning trophies.
You say that but people do still bang on about Keegan's gimps from the mid-90s.

I think Spurs fans enjoy this side more than the one that won a League Cup ten years ago or whatever it was. It's tough to expect them to win the big trophies; even in the incosistent nature of the Premier League, there will probably always be a better side.

Unread 18-11-2017, 03:22 PM
Tiberian

Quote:

Came in to our game with a 100% away record. f***ed up the two that really matter.

So much hype after beating a bored and complacent Madrid in a match that was not really that important. Utd and Arsenal were bigger matches and they have looked the same flattering to deceive Spurs as they ever were. Arsenal have done a proper number on them today as well, made them look very ordinary.

Unread 18-11-2017, 03:23 PM
Kangared

Neville gave our future number 10 man of the match but for me it was who I’d love to be our future number 7 . Alexis is for me the complete player .

Unread 18-11-2017, 03:26 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
You say that but people do still bang on about Keegan's gimps from the mid-90s.

I think Spurs fans enjoy this side more than the one that won a League Cup ten years ago or whatever it was. It's tough to expect them to win the big trophies; even in the incosistent nature of the Premier League, there will probably always be a better side.
Only because they so spectacularly £#%&!ed it up and Keegan had a public breakdown.

Ofcourse it's tough, but shitter sides than them have won or come closer to winning trophies.

The reality is that they're not even close either. And its how they do it. They've finished 2nd last season but were miles behind Chelsea . Never really got close to Leicester before that and still contrived to finish 3rd.

Then that FA cup semi last season. They went in to that Chelsea game in form, Chelsea had started to look a bit ropey. There for taking.

They shipped four.

Unread 18-11-2017, 03:30 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
So much hype after beating a bored and complacent Madrid in a match that was not really that important. Utd and Arsenal were bigger matches and they have looked the same flattering to deceive Spurs as they ever were. Arsenal have done a proper number on them today as well, made them look very ordinary.
TBF to Poch, he wanted a back up striker & all he got was the Spanish Crouch. Kane played on one leg rather than start Llorente. Arsenal exposed both Spurs wingbacks lack of pace . When Arsenal do turn up they are a great side to watch

Unread 18-11-2017, 03:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Only because they so spectacularly f***ed it up and Keegan had a public breakdown.

Ofcourse it's tough, but shitter sides than them have won or come closer to winning trophies.

The reality is that they're not even close either. And its how they do it. They've finished 2nd last season but were miles behind Chelsea . Never really got close to Leicester before that and still contrived to finish 3rd.

Then that FA cup semi last season. They went in to that Chelsea game in form, Chelsea had started to look a bit ropey. There for taking.

They shipped four.
I don't think we disagree that they can't make that final step. I just think there's a logical inevitability about it. The freak occourence that was Leicester shouldn't distract from the fact that big budgets usually win league titles.

Spurs and Liverpool are tough jobs. Managers are expected to compete with and maybe even better clubs with far greater resources. Both Klopp and Poch are doing fairly well, but that ceiling will always bring them down. Poch should jump ship in the summer imo.

Unread 18-11-2017, 03:37 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
I don't think we disagree that they can't make that final step. I just think there's a logical inevitability about it. The freak occourence that was Leicester shouldn't distract from the fact that big budgets usually win league titles.

Spurs and Liverpool are tough jobs. Managers are expected to compete with and maybe even better clubs with far greater resources. Both Klopp and Poch are doing fairly well, but that ceiling will always bring them down. Poch should jump ship in the summer imo.
Hmmm not sure about that. If we're to praise them as a team when they're doing well, the 'No money' excuse doesn't wash when they don't.

Perhaps they shouldn't be anywhere near this level, in the bigger picture, but the expectation is founded on how they've played and the players they have.

Much of the praise has been that they may well be the most complete and consistent side in the league, however it got them there.

Money has nothing to do with today. Their side was capable of winning there. It just didn't.

The doubts are more about their mentality than gaps in the side where they can't compete.

Unread 18-11-2017, 03:43 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Hmmm not sure about that. If we're to praise them as a team when they're doing well, the 'No money' excuse doesn't wash when they don't.

Perhaps they shouldn't be anywhere near this level, in the bigger picture, but the expectation is founded on how they've played and the players they have.

Much of the praise has been that they may well be the most complete and consistent side in the league, however it got them there.

Money has nothing to do with today. Their side was capable of winning there. It just didn't.

The doubts are more about their mentality than gaps in the side where they can't compete.
What?

Tbf a few Spurs fans I know reckon they're now worried about being overrated. They're a good side but the limitations are still there. And they do seem to be carrying a few injuries but lack the cover to take big players out.

Ultimately I guess my point is thah if they finish 2nd or 3rd again this year, they are doing well again. As unglamorous as it is.

Unread 18-11-2017, 03:49 PM
Kangared

Quote:

Money has a lot to do with it. No quality back up for a clearly injured Kane & I think Spurs have lost a lot of pace with the sale of Walker & the injury or whatever kept Rose out. Spurs were actually getting on top until the 1st goal which was neither a foul & was offside. Give Poch the budget we, Chelsea , City & even Arsenal have & he could rest key players more

Unread 18-11-2017, 03:56 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
What?

Tbf a few Spurs fans I know reckon they're now worried about being overrated. They're a good side but the limitations are still there. And they do seem to be carrying a few injuries but lack the cover to take big players out.

Ultimately I guess my point is thah if they finish 2nd or 3rd again this year, they are doing well again. As unglamorous as it is.
When the praise is coming, there's talk of them being up there as the best in the league. Their side, their manager, their style of football.

When they lose, we start to talk about money.

And I don't think money and all to do with it is the main issue being flagged. It's one of mentality. A lack of money is stopping them from winning a bit ugly from time to time.

Yes, I ultimately agree. I think, overall, they're punching, but they are where they are and there was genuine expectation that they would improve.

I think Pochetinno's capacity to get them winning these crucial games is under doubt too. They have a habit of looking distinctly flat away from home in games like today.

I bet they don't get half as much stick for losing their last two away games as we got for beating them and drawing with Liverpool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Money has a lot to do with it. No quality back up for a clearly injured Kane & I think Spurs have lost a lot of pace with the sale of Walker & the injury or whatever kept Rose out. Spurs were actually getting on top until the 1st goal which was neither a foul & was offside. Give Poch the budget we, Chelsea , City & even Arsenal have & he could rest key players more
Ofcourse if does. Not denying that. As I've said above, my point is more than this hasn't stopped them receiving praise as one of the best teams in the league or an expectation that they can kick on. It also has notbing to do with them shitting out of big games.

Kane and Ali are lauded as potentially the best in our league on their position. Both went missing today. Ali went missing at OT and Kaneusually does when he plays there too. You could defend them and say they're young, but we're prepared to hold them up to the highest standard wjen they're flying, we have to be able to do it when they fail. Just like the team.

Unread 18-11-2017, 04:04 PM
Lok

Kompany very lucky not to get sent off in the 2nd minute.

Unread 18-11-2017, 04:05 PM
Kangared

How the £#%&! was Kompany not sent off there?

Sparky***

Vincent Kompany hacks down Vardy as the last man and gets away with it.

£#%&!ing unbelievable.

S/Side.Red

Quote:
When the praise is coming, there's talk of them being up there as the best in the league. Their side, their manager, their style of football.

And I don't think money and all to do with it is the main issue being flagged. It's one of mentality. A lack of money is stopping them from winning a bit ugly from time to time.

Yes, I ultimately agree. I think, overall, they're punching, but they are where they are and there was genuine expectation that they would improve.

I think Pochetinno's capacity to get them winning these crucial games is under doubt too. They have a habit of looking distinctly flat away from home in games like today.

I bet they don't get half as much stick for losing their last two away games as we got for beating them and drawing with Liverpool.
Well the best players have great mentalities. Spurs are also still fairly young in the sense that it's Kane and Alli often driving them. I think when people praise them it's very much within the context of what they are - the underdogs who are having to build amidst the Manchester cheque-waiving.

With the exception of Sanchez, they haven't been buying well enough with what they do spend, tbf.

Unread 18-11-2017, 04:10 PM
Kangared

Quote:

Ofcourse if does. Not denying that. As I've said above, my point is more than this hasn't stopped them receiving praise as one of the best teams in the league or an expectation that they can kick on. It also has notbing to do with them shitting out of big games.

Kane and Ali are lauded as potentially the best in our league on their position. Both went missing today. Ali went missing at OT and Kaneusually does when he plays there too. You could defend them and say they're young, but we're prepared to hold them up to the highest standard wjen they're flying, we have to be able to do it when they fail. Just like the team.
Not as big a fan of Dele as many are & agreed, he was shit today. Kane was clearly injured so bit unfair to judge him. He doesn’t go missing in big games, his record is fantastic. Spurs are judged differently because of the wage structure & transfer policy they have in place compared with other teams.

Unread 18-11-2017, 04:24 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Not as big a fan of Dele as many are & agreed, he was shit today. Kane was clearly injured so bit unfair to judge him. He doesn’t go missing in big games, his record is fantastic. Spurs are judged differently because of the wage structure & transfer policy they have in place compared with other teams.
Kane still has work to do away from home. He's lauded (rightly or wrongly) as the best striker in the league, world class, act. We then can't change the standards or make excuses when he falls short of that standard.

And that's my point: When all is well with them, they're claimed to be one of the best squad, with the best manager, playing the best football.

The best side in the league over the last two years etc.

So it's only fair to call it out when they bottle it.

Overall though, I do think they're punching above their weight.

Anyway, this is taking the thread off topic.

Spurs are bottlers. Kompany is a @#%&!.

Unread 18-11-2017, 04:28 PM
Sparky***

John Stones has just done his hamstring.

Unread 18-11-2017, 04:29 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Looks bad. Back for the next game no doubt.

Unread 18-11-2017, 04:30 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
So they should be two centre halves down
Closed Thread