United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC_91
Past tense? Is he dead?
hopefully.

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:50 PM
MUFC_91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
hopefully.
Well played

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:56 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC_91

Magnificent. Could watch that all day

Unread 15-12-2013, 10:11 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Magnificent. Could watch that all day
Same. Couple of other pearlers from that match

Rafael ffs... 'Im having some of this!'

And this little smile

Brilliant.

Unread 15-12-2013, 10:14 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Pat. Superb.

Not sure if it's been noted on here but Cleverley was superb today, always available, kept the ball moving, made some great blocks and deserved his goal.

More of the same please

Unread 15-12-2013, 10:15 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

i remember pissing myself at that at the time.

the situation had just about been diffused and then rafa came ballooning into shot.

Unread 15-12-2013, 10:18 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

How could you forget this

Unread 15-12-2013, 10:23 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well next up are West Ham (h), Hull (a) and Norwich (a).

They are 3 of the weakest teams in the league so nothing less than 9 points will suffice.

Obviously with that said I fully expect us given this season's current form to make a complete £#%&!ing pig's arse of them and make all 3 of the teams look like 1970s brazil team.
hull beat liverpool. west ham beat cardiff twice and slaughtered spurs. even norwich drew with everton before being £#%&!ing spanked by everyone.

I'm sick of this looking ahead at fixtures shit. we were supposed to best southampton and cardiff and newcastle and everton and....

we shouldn't be thinking about going on a run. we should be thinking about the next league game and not risking anyone breakable against stoke.

and nothing else. the idea we'll be unbeaten for the rest of the season and win the league is even too far-fetched for henchers and the toe-the-line gang.

Unread 15-12-2013, 10:25 PM
utd99

The serial under achievers in the squad played well today, good for them, good for us. More of the same please Danny, Tony and Tom. Raphael was a giant, Rooney's long passing was out of this world, mad Pat still making too many errors, Villa were gash.

Fingers crossed for a nice run now. If only to put the shits up the others and get some confidence back.

Unread 15-12-2013, 10:26 PM
armchair

I thought we were poor but got better as the game went on. It's a dirty shame that rooney has to hold midfield at Manchester United.

I thought fletch coming on showed just how shit we've become. He looked like platini compared to what we had.

Unread 15-12-2013, 10:29 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
hull beat liverpool. west ham beat cardiff twice and slaughtered spurs. even norwich drew with everton before being £#%&!ing spanked by everyone.

I'm sick of this looking ahead at fixtures shit. we were supposed to best southampton and cardiff and newcastle and everton and....

we shouldn't be thinking about going on a run. we should be thinking about the next league game and not risking anyone breakable against stoke.

and nothing else. the idea we'll be unbeaten for the rest of the season and win the league is even too far-fetched for henchers and the toe-the-line gang.
wowsers, that's probably your first ever sensible football post

Unread 15-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I thought we were poor but got better as the game went on. It's a dirty shame that rooney has to hold midfield at Manchester United.

I thought fletch coming on showed just how shit we've become. He looked like platini compared to what we had.
thought it was more a sign of how moyes will rotate the players during the xmas busy spell tbh

getting 2-0 up so quick and then managing the rest of the game is the perfect scenario

carrick will be eased back in and the likes of welbeck will be used so that rooney doesn't have to take all the kicks while RvP is out

Unread 15-12-2013, 10:33 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
thought it was more a sign of how moyes will rotate the players during the xmas busy spell tbh

getting 2-0 up so quick and then managing the rest of the game is the perfect scenario

carrick will be eased back in and the likes of welbeck will be used so that rooney doesn't have to take all the kicks while RvP is out
one slightly encouraging thing was we effectively had three in midfield a lot of the time.

Unread 15-12-2013, 10:41 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Same. Couple of other pearlers from that match

Rafael ffs... 'Im having some of this!'

And this little smile

Brilliant.

Bloody love Evra.

Unread 15-12-2013, 10:42 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
one slightly encouraging thing was we effectively had three in midfield a lot of the time.
one of them wasn't kagawa though

was hoping to see rooney playing ahead of kagawa v wham, though welbeck's goals today need rewarding with a starting place in the next league game

Unread 15-12-2013, 10:44 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
wowsers, that's probably your first ever sensible football post
I wonder how many times you've said that, dope.

I made the same comments before the games we didn't win too.

Quote:
I should applaud this, but I don't want rooney dropping deep. liked tony v coming inside, though.

Unread 15-12-2013, 10:51 PM
armchair

killed me that rooney was one of the three but that was tempered by not being overrun in midfield. freaky that rooney was often the deepest.

Unread 15-12-2013, 10:59 PM
jem

Quote:
killed me that rooney was one of the three but that was tempered by not being overrun in midfield. freaky that rooney was often the deepest.
almost worth it for the three passes to valencia. but not quite.

Unread 15-12-2013, 11:09 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I wonder how many times you've said that, dope.
blimey, how to take a compliment

Unread 16-12-2013, 12:15 AM
red in cumbria

Throb v jemmers - reminds me of the Iran-Iraq war for some reason