United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 15-12-2013, 07:56 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Mine never took off....I never got further than the chorus.

You to me are Evra thing,
The sweetest song that I can sing
Oh Patrice, oh Patrice.
Like it.

You go up and down our left wing,
Shame you can't defend for shit,
Oh Patice, oh Patrice...

Unread 15-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
which is maybe why we looked so good today by comparison to the untrained eye

in reality the everton game was a far better game between two decent sides decided by a late goal - United could easily have won it and deserved to no less than everton did
Yes but it's during those tight games between good sides when your credentials are examined. United, so far this season have been found seriously wanting in that area in all games bar the Arsenal one at home.

Rolling over that load of shite today at villa park will hopefully give our players confidence going forward, we played well in spells and finally a couple of players who aren't Rooney or Van Persie chipped in with a couple of goals.

But make no mistake Villa are a very poor side and did little to put us on the back foot other than just clatter our players after the ball had gone.

Unread 15-12-2013, 08:07 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

But make no mistake Villa are a very poor side and did little to put us on the back foot other than just clatter our players after the ball had gone.
they beat Arsenal and City

Unread 15-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
they beat Arsenal and City
Have no idea how that shower beat City tbh.

That was also only our 3rd clean sheet in 16 games, which is extremely poor.

We really need to get a settled back 4 and stick with it.

Unread 15-12-2013, 08:10 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Enjoy it, these big mid table clash victories are where the action is from here on in

Unread 15-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Sparky***

Well next up are West Ham (h), Hull (a) and Norwich (a).

They are 3 of the weakest teams in the league so nothing less than 9 points will suffice.

Obviously with that said I fully expect us given this season's current form to make a complete £#%&!ing pig's arse of them and make all 3 of the teams look like 1970s brazil team.

Unread 15-12-2013, 08:14 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

We are staying up! We are staying up!

Unread 15-12-2013, 08:14 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Have no idea how that shower beat City tbh.

That was also only our 3rd clean sheet in 16 games, which is extremely poor.

We really need to get a settled back 4 and stick with it.
Cardiff and Sunderland also beat them

agreed re the back four....far too many changes in that area on current form that is our best back four great to see Rafael back to his best

Unread 15-12-2013, 08:15 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

agreed re the back four....far too many changes in that area on current form that is our best back four great to see Rafael back to his best
Tony today....

I thought he was MoM, very close between him and the'danneh

Unread 15-12-2013, 08:18 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
Tony today....

I thought he was MoM, very close between him and the'danneh
yep has had a good season Valencia with one or two exceptions ie Cite away but looks back to something like He Never Smiles days

Rafael, big Danny did really well as did Rooney in that role, been brilliant this season has Rooney

Unread 15-12-2013, 08:35 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Yes but it's during those tight games between good sides when your credentials are examined. United, so far this season have been found seriously wanting in that area in all games bar the Arsenal one at home.

Rolling over that load of shite today at villa park will hopefully give our players confidence going forward, we played well in spells and finally a couple of players who aren't Rooney or Van Persie chipped in with a couple of goals.

United play with width, that's our trademark

in general, the way we control matches is by scoring goals - and by the threat of doing that at any moment; score goals, put the opposition back in their box, control the game. that's what happened today after a bright start from the home side. the fact villa struggled so badly to adjust at left back helped as well. too often this season United have failed to stamp on the opposition by sticking the ball in the net. everton at home was a prime example of it, imo. that's not to say that everton weren't impressive in midfield and that United need some drive in their of their own because they clearly do. whether that can be found from within the squad remains to be seen, and we also know that moyes is after a fabregas type, too.

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:24 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Default *Official Match thread* Aston Villa v Manchester United Nil 15/12/13

Quote:

Rafael was MOTM for me, they couldn't handle him going forward & his linkup play with Valencia was excellent.

I'd go with same team for Stoke on Wednesday, no doubt those @#%&!s will be up for it.

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Evra's another that needs one sorting...
Unless he improves his present form, don't bother

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:38 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Unless he improves his present form, don't bother
Nah. Still needs a song. Been a great player for us and always had the right attitude on/off the pitch. Top red is Pat.

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:39 PM
MUFC_91

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Nah. Still needs a song. Been a great player for us and always had the right attitude on/off the pitch. Top red is Pat.

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:41 PM
dragflick

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC_91

Fantastic

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:42 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

£#%&!ing reina i absolutely hated that bastard.

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:43 PM
MUFC_91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

£#%&!ing reina i absolutely hated that bastard.
Past tense? Is he dead?

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:44 PM
King Schlong

Thumbs up

Quote:

Love Pat.

Unread 15-12-2013, 09:44 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote: