United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-02-2008, 11:09 AM
marlo stansfield

Default this team has to play against arsenal.

no stories, ifs or buts.

----------------------------vds-------------------------------

-brown-----------rio-------------------vidic---------------evra

--------------------------hargreaves--------------------------

---------------anderson----------------------carrick------------

----ronaldo--------------------rooney----------------tevez-------

both scholes and giggs havent done enough to warrant a starting place in the team at the moment.

hargreaves can get about distrupting the rhythum a team that love possession while carrick and anderson pick passes and get slightly forward.

this is the team that should continue to play this season until we see problems that need addressing or injuries.

Unread 11-02-2008, 11:10 AM
antonin jablonsky

I'd have no problem with that vio.

Unread 11-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Whalefish

Neither do I.

Won't be shocked if Simpson gets a game though for Brown. Especially after what the latter's just been through, he may get a rest on Saturday.

Edit: We all know that Scholes and Giggs will be in for the Lyon away fixture but I'd be happy if that team started then too. Too much stock in experience at the moment. We looked old in certain areas yesterday and there was no need for that to happen.

Unread 11-02-2008, 11:14 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Neither do I.

Won't be shocked if Simpson gets a game though for Brown. Especially after what the latter's just been through, he may get a rest on Saturday.
i wouldn't do that against Arsenal. nft.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

Won't be shocked if Simpson gets a game though for Brown. Especially after what the latter's just been through,
Think I've missed something?

puressence

giggs will be rested for europe id take carlos out put dong in

Unread 11-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
giggs will be rested for europe id take carlos out [SIZE="5"]put dong in

Unread 11-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
i wouldn't do that against Arsenal. nft.
I wouldn't have much of a problem with it tbh. Nor if Pique got a game. I don't really give a shit about the Cup in fairness but some of those fringe players need minutes because they'll be needed in the run in. Fatigue looks to be kicking in already.

marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
giggs will be rested for europe id take carlos out put dong in

jem

we play against arsenal should do better because they won't assume the opposition are shit.

whether that will be enough to stop vidic falling over every time adebayor comes near him remains to be seem, but at least brown might stay at right back for most of the game instead of right wing.

Unread 11-02-2008, 11:18 AM
1MUFC

nani cant handle the big stage like ronaldo did, and without Rooney we are a £#%&!ing shit side.

Unread 11-02-2008, 11:20 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
nani cant handle the big stage like ronaldo did, and without Rooney we are a £#%&!ing shit side.
nani is very underrated.

has played a big part in our season imo.

got alot of important assists and goals and as much as he dissapoints sometimes he has a impact on games he plays which is good.

Unread 11-02-2008, 11:23 AM
1MUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
nani is very underrated.

has played a big part in our season imo.

got alot of important assists and goals and as much as he dissapoints sometimes he has a impact on games he plays which is good.
I don’t know, he’s certainly no ronaldo. He hasn’t done too badly, but when ronaldo arrived his frame of mind was ‘this is my stage’, nani just blends into the back ground, hasn’t got the confidence to go past people, run down the wing and put balls into the box.

Hopefully its just him settling in and he'll get better.

Unread 11-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Bunker Buster

Unread 11-02-2008, 11:27 AM
MUFC One Love

Agreed. I don't think it will do any harm to give Anderson a more free role now and let him express himself. That system also won't allow Arsenal to play their game.

Unread 11-02-2008, 11:27 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
I don’t know, he’s certainly no ronaldo. He hasn’t done too badly, but when ronaldo arrived his frame of mind was ‘this is my stage’, nani just blends into the back ground, hasn’t got the confidence to go past people, run down the wing and put balls into the box.

Hopefully its just him settling in and he'll get better.
nani is different to ronaldo. ronaldo is more of a forward where as nani is a out and out winger.

very similar to a young giggs in the way he plays and get assists but he has a VERY good cross.
his corners are very impressive

Unread 11-02-2008, 11:29 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Agreed. I don't think it will do any harm to give Anderson a more free role now and let him express himself. That system also won't allow Arsenal to play their game.
when ever they get possession hargreaves and anderson will chase the ball down while carrick can intercept things and help keep possession.

but then again things in football are never straight forward

Unread 11-02-2008, 11:29 AM
1MUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
nani is different to ronaldo. ronaldo is more of a forward where as nani is a out and out winger.

very similar to a young giggs in the way he plays and get assists but he has a VERY good cross.
his corners are very impressive
an out and out winger well he didnt look like much of a winger yestarday or in many other games. He doesnt go past people who put enough balls into the box, break into the box, cause problems for the other side half as much as he should.

Unread 11-02-2008, 11:30 AM
MUFC One Love

Nani is the opposite to what I thought he'd be this early in his United career. I thought he would be flamboyant, skillful, but lacking it in his head 'till he gets older. But instead he is far more effective than I thought and isn't a show pony.

Unread 11-02-2008, 11:32 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Nani is the opposite to what I thought he'd be this early in his United career. I thought he would be flamboyant, skillful, but lacking it in his head 'till he gets older. But instead he is far more effective than I thought and isn't a show pony.
exactly. much more direct that ronaldo.

he isnt about tricks and flicks at all.

apparantly scholari loves him.

how many assists has he got now?
Closed Thread