United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-02-2013, 11:30 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED
Who said it? David Brent or David Brent?

Rodgers, who can certainly talk the talk, perhaps doesn't walk the walk. He has infuriated Liverpool fans to the extent that on the Red and White Kop forums, a haven for the paranoid and deluded, he is something of a scapegoat.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...mm_ref =false
11/14 - that is brilliant :-)

Unread 12-02-2013, 11:58 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jez quigley
11/14 - that is brilliant :-)

Unread 15-02-2013, 01:04 PM
HERTS_RED

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/...085931453.html

Tremendous

Unread 15-02-2013, 01:04 PM
Zorg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...Liverpool.html

Old but gold. I reckon he's one of the names in the envelopes

Unread 15-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Kent Brockman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED
Quote:
This was a trait he displayed at Swansea too - most famously following another of those pesky 2-0 defeats, this time at Sunderland last season.

On that occasion he boldly declared: "It is great for the public here at Sunderland to see us. They must have been wondering what this team everyone is talking about are all about and now they have seen. We were wonderful. Our intention is always to pass teams to a standstill, but give credit to Sunderland, they defended ever so well when other teams might have wilted."

When other teams might have wilted. Swansea, it bears repeating, lost 2-0. It could have been worse: Sebastian Larsson also hit the woodwork.

Unread 15-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Mr Castro

Yeah heaven forbid a team who works hard without the ball and takes their chances actually beats a team who dominated possession he's a £#%&!ing idiot.

Unread 15-02-2013, 02:19 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

So who's in the envelopes then?

Owners must be in one of them.

Unread 15-02-2013, 02:20 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Brockman
And pass teams to a 'standstill'. Surely teams are chasing around a lot if youre passing it well? If you're passing it in front of them and they're stood still, they're probably fairly comfortable.

We hope to pass teams in to a comfortable jog!

Unread 15-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
And pass teams to a 'standstill'. Surely teams are chasing around a lot if youre passing it well? If you're passing it in front of them and they're stood still, they're probably fairly comfortable.

We hope to pass teams in to a comfortable jog!

He doesn't realise they're standing there thinking 'this lot are shite'.

Unread 15-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
So who's in the envelopes then?

Owners must be in one of them.
there should be about 15 envelopes, let alone 3.

my guess is

henderson
downing
shelvey

Unread 15-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74

my guess is

henderson
downing
shelvey
Did he do it so he could be proven wrong, and then talk about how good they were and they exceeded his expectations etc etc? Because it didnt happen

Unread 15-02-2013, 02:37 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:

my guess is

henderson
downing
shelvey
Too obviously and not usually the players fault.

Owners has to be one of them was watching the footballers football show and Purslow was doubting that they are going to be at Liverpool for the long term.

Unread 15-02-2013, 02:50 PM
rogieop

Brendan Rodgers Discusses The Horse Meat Crisis With His Wife

Quote:
Wife: Brendan, those Findus lasagne's we've been eating every Saturday while watching The Cube weren't made from beef...they were made from horse meat!!!

BR: You train dogs. I like to educate players.

Wife: What??

BR: Sorry love, I zoned out there. I thought you were someone else there for a second. What did you say?

Wife: Jesus, Brendan...I said the lasagnes we have been eating are made from horse meat. It's all over the news. It's a national scandal!

BR: I see...The Findus lasagne is an iconic microwave meal. It's a feast that's up there with the world's best cuisine. When you talk Findus lasagne you're talking the finest freshwater salmon, sirloin steak, oysters, lobster, aubergines. It's an enormous food.

Wife: What are you talking about? It's revolting that they can do that. Fooling people like that. What else are we putting into our bodies if this is allowed to happen. It's just shameful Brendan, absolutely shameful.

BR: But that's the problem with being a big, mulltinational corporate food manufacturer - it's like trying to build an aircraft while it is flying. Obviously, horse meat has got a wee bit of a tag because of some of the times people like to know what animal they're eating, but unfortunately for horses it's stuck with them. I use a quote with the players, 'Per aspera ad astra', which is Latin for 'through adversity to the stars...

Wife: And...?

BR: And what...?

Wife: What does that have to do with what we are talking about!!!!!!!?

BR: It's latin...it's an old language from the past.

Wife: Jesus Christ...can we not have one normal conversation? Ever?

BR: Look, we're very disappointed to have eaten horse. But when you look at the Findus lasagne as a whole, I think it is a near-on perfect lasagne. It has the cream cheese, the pasta sheets, the sauce...Sure, everyone would love for their lasagne to have 100% beef in it, just like it says on the tin, so to speak, but if you can mix some of that beef with horse meat and have the horse meat perform a false 6 and a half role within the lasagne and the beef perhaps operating that nineteen-and-a-half-role, where it's more on the inside then I think it can work that these two can co-exist together within the lasagne.

Wife: What???????

BR: It's not about the horse meat or the cow meat, it's about the right meat.

Wife: But it's not the right meat!!! It's the wrong £#%&!ing meat from the wrong £#%&!ing animal!!!!

BR: The important thing is that after his first one-on-one, he kept going and was still in there.

Wife: What are you on about now?

BR: My best friend, Lu-Lu...the important thing is that after his first one-on-one, he kept going and was still in there. He could have had a hat-trick by half-time...

Long Pause...

Wife sighs.

Exits room...

Unread 15-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
it's like trying to build an aircraft while it is flying
Can imagine him using that in the January transfer window

Unread 15-02-2013, 02:59 PM
rebelcountyred

wish people would get off his back, i think he is doing a splendid job

Unread 15-02-2013, 03:15 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
im hoping he's got a contract like pardew's.

Unread 15-02-2013, 03:24 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Quote:
im hoping he's got a contract like pardew's.

Unread 15-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Switching Off

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/late...e-from-melwood

Unread 15-02-2013, 04:07 PM
Switching Off

"We can be consistent. We haven't shown it this year but we are capable of it"

Unread 15-02-2013, 04:09 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Closed Thread