United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 01-09-2023, 04:38 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Considering PSG are paying similar if not more for Ramos and Muani, and wanted Hojlund before both of them, I refute the ‘overpaid’ narrative wrt Hojlund.
agreed. will look like a bargain if as good as expected in a grown-up league.

Unread 01-09-2023, 05:02 PM
Parlabane

A bit shambolic over the last week, but this is due to the owners rinsing the club for everything its worth and leaving us without a pot to piss in.

In years gone by we have always gone for the "big name" players who are flavour of the month and it got us nowhere, perhaps signing players who are desperate to play for us and not just coming for the inflated wages we have might have more success.

Overall, reasonably happy with the incomings feel like we could've done with another striker but it appears to be slim pickings out there - 6.5 / 7 out of ten

Unread 01-09-2023, 05:05 PM
DublinRedDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Considering PSG are paying similar if not more for Ramos and Muani, and wanted Hojlund before both of them, I refute the ‘overpaid’ narrative wrt Hojlund.
I'd be delighted to be proven wrong. We'll see.

Unread 01-09-2023, 05:08 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Onana
Mount
J. Evans
Amrabat
Sergio reg
Rasmus Hojlund
Altay-Bayindir

Solid 7.3/10 for me....
Well it's hard to say at this stage given that 4 of them haven't kicked a ball for us, another got injured after two games, one's about 40 years old and one is a goalkeeper that's conceded 4 goals in 3 games.

Come back in January and we'll see how these transfers have panned out because truthfully at the moment i'm underwhelmed to put it mildly.

Unread 01-09-2023, 05:20 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well it's hard to say at this stage given that 4 of them haven't kicked a ball for us, another got injured after two games, one's about 40 years old and one is a goalkeeper that's conceded 4 goals in 3 games.

Come back in January and we'll see how these transfers have panned out because truthfully at the moment i'm underwhelmed to put it mildly.
You mean you don’t rate a player you’ve never seen 8/10? Can’t believe you hate United so much.

Unread 01-09-2023, 05:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

3.6/10 ?

Imagine living like this in your head....

Unread 01-09-2023, 05:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
3.6/10 ?

Imagine living like this in your head....
Imagine what?

you asked for people's opinion and this is mine.

Unread 01-09-2023, 07:01 PM
Coracao

Underwhelming.

Will see come the end of the season though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Keep forgetting we haven’t signed another striker. Really is negligent going into the season now relying on Martial ffs.

Keep hoping we might pull something off last minute like we did with Falcao.

Taremi is still available, his move to Milan has fallen through. No-brainer at £13m imo.
He's isn't very good tbf. Rather we stuck with Gloves

Unread 01-09-2023, 07:05 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Onana. A goalies a goalie.

The other new goalie. Same.
as someone who has watched schmeichel and roy carroll play live for utd, i can tell you not all "goalies" are made equal.

Unread 01-09-2023, 07:20 PM
Hyman_Roth

Ok ish but the lack of an established striker is daft. Starting this season with martial again is shocking. Still can’t understand the Mount signing. Really like the goalkeeper, Rasmus is exciting but unknown so in the wait and see bracket and we desperately need a defensive midfielder so chuffed with Ammers.

6 out of 10.

Unread 01-09-2023, 07:29 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Ok ish but the lack of an established striker is daft. Starting this season with martial again is shocking. Still can’t understand the Mount signing. Really like the goalkeeper, Rasmus is exciting but unknown so in the wait and see bracket and we desperately need a defensive midfielder so chuffed with Ammers.

6 out of 10.
Fair.....

I don't think (hope) martial will play much, unless he goes in his streak, we will need goals from others though that for sure, interested to see the team Gel.
Feels like he's building his team but on the cheap, laying foundations, waiting for owner change ?
£#%&! it....

I'm stupidly ALL IN AGAIN...
.another £#%&!ing season....

Unread 01-09-2023, 08:28 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Fair.....

I don't think (hope) martial will play much, unless he goes in his streak, we will need goals from others though that for sure, interested to see the team Gel.
Feels like he's building his team but on the cheap, laying foundations, waiting for owner change ?
£#%&! it....

I'm stupidly ALL IN AGAIN...
.another £#%&!ing season....
There’s a lot of bad vibes around atm. Greenwood, the no sale and no obvious budget. I think he’s got a big task keeping everyone on side. I already feel a bit sorry for him given the car crash around him but it’s also a bit difficult not to criticise him for seemingly prioritising Mount.

It feels a bit on the edge tbh - we could do with at least a brave loss on Sunday - if we get pumped then the mood could go fairly sour. Win or at least perform and build from there and people will be on the same page as you.

Unread 01-09-2023, 08:44 PM
DublinRedDevil

Quote:
There’s a lot of bad vibes around atm. Greenwood, the no sale and no obvious budget. I think he’s got a big task keeping everyone on side. I already feel a bit sorry for him given the car crash around him but it’s also a bit difficult not to criticise him for seemingly prioritising Mount.

It feels a bit on the edge tbh - we could do with at least a brave loss on Sunday - if we get pumped then the mood could go fairly sour. Win or at least perform and build from there and people will be on the same page as you.
You're right. We really need to go and bully the £#%&! out of arsenal like last season. They do not like a physical game, the poxy shower of £#%&!ers.

Unread 01-09-2023, 09:00 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

The mason mount abuse, doubt, slating, worry, price tag narrative, already made up minds, is absolutely £#%&!ing ridiculous....

Just FYI.

Unread 01-09-2023, 09:13 PM
Stickman

6.5/10

Unread 01-09-2023, 11:05 PM
DublinRedDevil

And there it is, rumours of Greenwood to Getafe aside.
We'll be short on goals but we'll make plenty of chances and leak fewer goals I'd say.

Unread 02-09-2023, 04:33 AM
Denis Irwell

On face of it:6.5 but that is not assuming great things from Mount, Amrabat and Razzer; all/each of whom could turn out to be astute signings. Whatever, we’ll be hard pressed to get 2nd again.

CL winners will have to do.

Unread 02-09-2023, 12:49 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
The mason mount abuse, doubt, slating, worry, price tag narrative, already made up minds, is absolutely £#%&!ing ridiculous....

Just FYI.
Hey hey…. Calm down love.

Plenty more Dutch players will come through.

Agree though.

Unread 02-09-2023, 12:50 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Hey hey…. Calm down love.

Plenty more Dutch players will come through.

Agree though.
He's from Portsmouth pal.

Unread 02-09-2023, 03:25 PM
red in cumbria

A lot better now than seemed possible 48 hours ago. But still not quite enough.