United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-11-2020, 09:36 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
Fabrizio really £#%&!ed Pogba over with the original quotes, i love the guy but that was a #@&%! move

And look at our fanbase? Jumping down his throat for something he didn't say, come on man...
Do you think maybe he’s aware that journalists misquote?

He can’t possibly be that stupid.

Drip... drip...

Unread 16-11-2020, 09:40 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Do you think maybe he’s aware that journalists misquote?

He can’t possibly be that stupid.

Drip... drip...
What are you talking about?

He was speaking in another language about the vibe around the French camp which is notoriously bad, he said nothing wrong and even admitted himself he needs to improve his consistency for United.

It's not his responsibility how agenda-driven journos and fans interpret what he says.

Pogba has said some wild stuff whilst on international duty but this isn't it.

Unread 16-11-2020, 09:43 PM
bosskeano

Quote:
Fabrizio really f***ed Pogba over with the original quotes, i love the guy but that was a #@&%! move

And look at our fanbase? Jumping down his throat for something he didn't say, come on man...
and just how do you know this?

Unread 16-11-2020, 09:50 PM
Cream

Quote:
What are you talking about?

He was speaking in another language about the vibe around the French camp which is notoriously bad, he said nothing wrong and even admitted himself he needs to improve his consistency for United.

It's not his responsibility how agenda-driven journos and fans interpret what he says.

Pogba has said some wild stuff whilst on international duty but this isn't it.
When you’re in a PR mess of your own making, it’s customary to weigh your words very carefully.

Curiously, Poggy has a habit of these little slips that are open to (mis)interpretation.

I think he’s manipulative. I think he likes the attention and I think he’s engaged in a campaign whereby he renders himself as toxic as possible (to United) without crossing into the realms of appearing a troublesome purchase (for Real/PSG).

At least, that’s my interpretation...

Unread 16-11-2020, 09:54 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosskeano
Because he clarified the tweets and added context 15 hours later, but it was too late for some of the Pogba outers

Unread 16-11-2020, 09:56 PM
triple sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Curiously, Poggy has a habit of these little slips that are open to (mis)interpretation.
He's even got the water carrier Deschamps putting a shift in for him

Unread 16-11-2020, 10:01 PM
Cream

“It’s not that I’m unhappy at United but meeting up with the England lads is extra special. It’s like a breath of fresh air in comparison to Carrington!”

Michael Owen.

Not even.

Unread 16-11-2020, 10:07 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosskeano
I suspect he's seen a transcript of what Pogba actually said rather than what was reported.

When I read it on ESPN it was clear that certain things that Pogba said were omitted from the twitter post and that changer the context to an extent but it is very much open to interprition.

Unread 16-11-2020, 10:19 PM
bosskeano

Quote:
Because he clarified the tweets and added context 15 hours later, but it was too late for some of the Pogba outers
you read the article that was attached and it's pretty clear how Pogba feels about club vs country

hell even the france coach is questioning his work ethic for the french side

Unread 17-11-2020, 12:14 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Ah, was that all?

Unread 17-11-2020, 12:20 AM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Ah, was that all?
Irrespective of whether his remarks were taken out of context or not, if he doesn’t do it on the pitch his time is up. He doesn’t. End of.

Unread 17-11-2020, 10:07 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Ah, was that all?
You know he can have a life outside football forums and reading the public’s Twitter messages. He corrected the the misinterpretation within the same day. 15 hours isn’t a lot.

This isn’t a defence of his football skill. He’s shit and needs to leave, but let’s not twist and lap up everything #@&%! journos say about our players. Even more so when the player has corrected it within a 24 hour period.

Unread 17-11-2020, 10:31 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
You know he can have a life outside football forums and reading the public’s Twitter messages. He corrected the the misinterpretation within the same day. 15 hours isn’t a lot.

This isn’t a defence of his football skill. He’s shit and needs to leave, but let’s not twist and lap up everything #@&%! journos say about our players. Even more so when the player has corrected it within a 24 hour period.
Agreed. But his agent carpet bombs the most divisive shit about him wanting away and the ambition of the club on the reg but he seems unable to correct that and his army of #@&%! slurpers hide behind the fact that his agent has said it and not him.

Unread 17-11-2020, 10:33 AM
Dr Stranger

If he’s been misquoted, so be it.

I look forward to him putting this ugly mess behind him and producing an excellent display against West Brom this weekend.

Unread 17-11-2020, 01:12 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
If he’s been misquoted, so be it.

I look forward to him putting this ugly mess behind him and producing an excellent display against West Brom this weekend.
Would that finally take him above the ‘handful’ benchmark? Made up for the lad if so.

“Mis-interpreted. Get to £#%&!. He needs to give Ballotelli a bell and borrow his “why always me?” shirt.

Unread 17-11-2020, 01:29 PM
Whip Hubley

It's not like we're devoid of midfielders anymore. This isn't 2013.

Fred and Mctom are excellent together, Matic is still handy in the right games, VDB is crying out for a game and to top it all there's obviously Bruno, who's like a good Pogba.

If he wants to fight for his place, fine, but we all know he thinks far too much of himself to do something as lowly as actually need to compete for his place. He's the best in the world ya know

Unread 17-11-2020, 02:16 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
must be nice having everyone making excuses for you.

Unread 17-11-2020, 04:02 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Would that finally take him above the ‘handful’ benchmark? Made up for the lad if so.

“Mis-interpreted. Get to £#%&!. He needs to give Ballotelli a bell and borrow his “why always me?” shirt.

1. city away 2018
2. WBA at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
It's not like we're devoid of midfielders anymore. This isn't 2013.

Fred and Mctom are excellent together, Matic is still handy in the right games, VDB is crying out for a game and to top it all there's obviously Bruno, who's like a good Pogba.

If he wants to fight for his place, fine, but we all know he thinks far too much of himself to do something as lowly as actually need to compete for his place. He's the best in the world ya know
World Class on his day.

No idea when this day is, but still...

Unread 17-11-2020, 04:42 PM
Maureens P45

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Bit of talk he'll be going in the January transfer window.

https://youtu.be/zwDR544gieI
thank £#%&! for that, he's a lazy bastard

Unread 17-11-2020, 05:17 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Issue we have is none of the clubs who would be interested in him have any money

Offer him to Juve plus cash for De Ligt and Ronaldo
Closed Thread