United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-09-2011, 08:29 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Team v Yonners - The Official Thread

Fletcher looked very good for the scotch in the week so I'm tempted to put him in, particularly as Bolton can be a physical challenge, though less so than previously I think. I think Chico was very sharp for Mexicotoo so he's gotta be in with a shout too. Toughie but I'll maybe go with :-

De Clanger

Smalling
The Legend of Pip Jones
Evans
Senegalese Superman

Nani
Fletcher
Anderson
Young

Rooney
Hernandez

Unread 09-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Default Re: Team v Yonners - The Official Thread.

Just like us to come back from internationals and lose 1-0, beating arses 8-2 will seem like a lifetime ago.

Ps fletcher art thou serious?

Unread 09-09-2011, 08:34 AM
Whalefish

I keep hearing about Bolton physically dominating us, smashing Utd off the park. They aren't really that side anymore though are they? They still have Davies and he's a @#%&!, Petrov's a @#%&! too as is Klasnic. All three like a dive and get away with a fair bit. Bolton's midfield? I rate Holden but not sure if he's back for Saturday.

They scored a couple against Citeh but I thought they were £#%&!ing gash, didn't impress against Liverpool either.

Anyway, 3-1 to Bolton. Mass suicides begin, it's because Utd didn't sign Sneijder. Should have signed Rob Green or Schwarzer etc.

Unread 09-09-2011, 08:34 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Just like us to come back from internationals and lose 1-0, beating arses 8-2 will seem like a lifetime ago.

Ps fletcher art thou serious?
Yup, he looked fully fit and strong in the 2 games he played this week, got up and down all game, covered defensively and provided a goal threat and in fact a goal. He's a fantastic player when he is fit and sharp and I do think we've been rather too open at times in midfield so far. Oh and i'd want him to get a game before Chelsea next week, when he will be very important. It'd be very harsh on Clevers of course and i'd be happy to see him start.

Unread 09-09-2011, 08:35 AM
borsuk

oh dear
fabio - jones - evans - evra
nani - cleverley - anderson - young
de hair
pea

Unread 09-09-2011, 08:36 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I keep hearing about Bolton physically dominating us, smashing Utd off the park. They aren't really that side anymore though are they? They still have Davies and he's a @#%&!, Petrov's a @#%&! too as is Klasnic. All three like a dive and get away with a fair bit. Bolton's midfield? I rate Holden but not sure if he's back for Saturday.

Anyway, 3-1 to Bolton. Mass suicides begin, it's because Utd didn't sign Sneijder. Should have signed Rob Green or Schwarzer etc.
Definitely much less so under Coyle, play more football these days.

Big test for De Howler against Davies, be interesting to see how he, and the ref for that matter, cope with elbows in the face all day.

Unread 09-09-2011, 08:37 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
oh dear
fabio - jones - evans - evra
nani - cleverley - anderson - young
de hair
pea
I suspect that 6' 5" first choice England fullback Chris Smaling may play in this one, what with Davies playing.

Unread 09-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Whalefish

He'll get clattered and Davies will get away with it. I'm no fan of Warnock but he had a point about Davies in their game. He is clever and gets away with an awful lot. Has a habit of diving and also going in for challenges where he leaves his foot in. But he's an honest pro the MOTD whoppers will say. No, he's a @#%&!.

Get Big Phil on him, looks like he enjoys a scrap. Rio may start but it's the sort of game where I'd really like Vidic in the middle. Really need to make sure the full backs stop the balls into the box so Evra, if he's ok after that injury against Romania, really needs to be switched on and not allow their wide player time on the ball to put in a decent cross.

Unread 09-09-2011, 08:43 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
He'll get clattered and Davies will get away with it. I'm no fan of Warnock but he had a point about Davies in their game. He is clever and gets away with an awful lot. Has a habit of diving and also going in for challenges where he leaves his foot in. But he's an honest pro the MOTD whoppers will say. No, he's a @#%&!.

Get Big Phil on him, looks like he enjoys a scrap. Rio may start but it's the sort of game where I'd really like Vidic in the middle. Really need to make sure the full backs stop the balls into the box so Evra, if he's ok after that injury against Romania, really needs to be switched on and not allow their wide player time on the ball to put in a decent cross.
Fat chance.

What's the deal with valencia?

Unread 09-09-2011, 08:49 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Fat chance.

What's the deal with valencia?
It's so cool to be entirely negative about United. Top o' Red.

Unread 09-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Ethers

Same team as against the Arse, with Macheda replacing Wellbz. Simples.

Unread 09-09-2011, 09:01 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Macheda ahead of Hernandez? Bold!

Unread 09-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
It's so cool to be entirely negative about United. Top o' Red.
jheeze. Don't be so defensive, all the time. Evra is factually poor at defensively covering the left back position and has been for a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Geniunely that would be a disaster.

Unread 09-09-2011, 09:14 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
jheeze. Don't be so defensive, all the time. Evra is factually poor at defensively covering the left back position and has been for a while.

Geniunely that would be a disaster.
Bet you're gonna hilariously predict defeat for every game this season again aren't you, you rascal.

He hasn't been anywhere near as bad as suggested here, though that's common as shown by your dismissal of a Fletcher selection.

Unread 09-09-2011, 09:17 AM
dunk

De Gea
Smalling
Jones
Evans
Evra

Fletcher
Anderson
Cleverley

Nani
Young
Rooney

Not necessarily in that order.

Unread 09-09-2011, 09:18 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
De Gea
Smalling
Jones
Evans
Evra

Fletcher
Anderson
Cleverley

Nani
Young
Rooney

just dont fancy jones and evans handling davies

rio in for evans

Unread 09-09-2011, 09:19 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
De Gea
Smalling
Jones
Evans
Evra

Fletcher
Anderson
Cleverley

Nani
Young
Rooney

I could go with that, Fletcher breaking stuff up and allowing Ando and Clevers to get forward and WREAK HAVOC!!!!!!!!

Pea to come on after 60 or so.

Unread 09-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Bunker Buster

Shit @#%&!
Smalling
Jones
Rio
Evra
Nani
Carrick
Anderson
Young ()
Pea
Roonster Mc Ronningtons

0-2

Unread 09-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Bet you're gonna hilariously predict defeat for every game this season again aren't you, you rascal.

He hasn't been anywhere near as bad as suggested here, though that's common as shown by your dismissal of a Fletcher selection.
Yes, yes I will. Because the minute I let my guard down we lose. Believe me.

ps evra really is shit pal.

Unread 09-09-2011, 09:20 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
just dont fancy jones and evans handling davies

rio in for evans
Is Rio actualy fit? If he is I'd go with him.
Closed Thread