United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-03-2016, 09:52 AM
saffers

Default Shots on target

Shots on target are irrelevant though I recall the lvg crew saying back in August/September.

Unread 12-03-2016, 09:58 AM
Cream

I looked up how many times we'd scored 3/4 goals or more under Louis compared to Freggie and the findings were pretty predictable.

We used to smash teams for 4 at home on a regular basis.

Perhaps that's being greedy.

Unread 12-03-2016, 09:59 AM
forzagarza

It's the shots off target that are important. They are the ones which might hit an opposition player and accidentally go in. OG just hasn't been performing which is the real issue

Unread 12-03-2016, 11:26 AM
jem

I remember two years of arsenal (at their "best", with henry et al) coming to old trafford and managing one shot in two games. so glad we'd never play that way. obvs, king louis is the poor man's wenger, because at least arsenal always played pretty football on the half-way line and were looking to score the perfect goal.

Unread 12-03-2016, 11:50 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
I looked up how many times we'd scored 3/4 goals or more under Louis compared to Freggie and the findings were pretty predictable.

Smashing teams for 4 maybe, but doing more than making it £#%&!ing difficult for ourselves shouldn't be a big ask. We've scored 3 a few times this season - even against the likes of Everton and Liverpool - but we've only won by two clear goals in the league once since we beat West Brom at the start of November.

Unfortunately they didn't look like they were particularly up for it against Liverpool which is hugely disappointing. I can't see us going through unless we score at least 4 in the return leg.

Unread 12-03-2016, 12:29 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Shots on target are irrelevant though I recall the lvg crew saying back in August/September.
It is if you're winning games.

Unread 12-03-2016, 12:35 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

it's a fact that people routinely slag off ferguson's 2013 title win.

it's also a fact that that team scored 3 or more goals 20 times. that's more often than any of his other teams in virtually all his other seasons... for example, it's more than the Treble season, and it's 25% more often than the 2008 season...

Unread 12-03-2016, 12:41 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
it's a fact that people routinely slag off ferguson's 2013 title win.

it's also a fact that that team scored 3 or more goals 20 times. that's more often than any of his other teams in virtually all his other seasons... for example, it's more than the Treble season, and it's 25% more often than the 2008 season...
They also say Van Persie won it by himself. He scored 26 out of 86. If we keep scoring at the same rate this season we will end up with 48 league goals.

Unread 12-03-2016, 12:56 PM
MOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
They also say Van Persie won it by himself. He scored 26 out of 86. If we keep scoring at the same rate this season we will end up with 48 league goals.
That is our problem right? There is no one on the team that can put the ball in the net.

Unread 12-03-2016, 01:07 PM
dunk

Twici

Before the the transfer window even closed in August 'our biggest problem this season will be .. Manchester United 0' it was screamingly obvious. There personnel have no goals in them.

Unread 14-03-2016, 12:44 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Blessed with two today, exciting times

60+% possession tho.

Unread 14-03-2016, 12:48 AM
Sparky***

Imagine if we had someone like Payet in our side who could actually make use of set pieces?

Our free kicks and corners today ranged from abysmal to comical.

Unread 14-03-2016, 12:51 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Imagine if we had someone like Payet in our side who could actually make use of set pieces?

'today'...try every £#%&!ing game this season mate

why the £#%&! is Blind still taking corners ffs...the Blind leading the Bland

Unread 14-03-2016, 12:52 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Blind innit? Dreadful footballer, he's moved ahead of Fellaini for first out the door.

Herrera put in a belter IIRC.

Unread 14-03-2016, 01:00 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Blind innit? Dreadful footballer, he's moved ahead of Fellaini for first out the door.

Unread 14-03-2016, 02:04 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Do you mean a per-season average? Because a grand total comparison with someone who was manager for a quarter century isn't particularly fair.

Unread 14-03-2016, 02:43 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

#@&%!

Unread 14-03-2016, 08:44 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:

Unread 14-03-2016, 11:27 AM
Ethers

Quote:

Kill self.

Unread 14-03-2016, 02:30 PM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
It is if you're winning games.
You're not winning games with no shots on target though.

It's not just the lack of shots that's the issue anyway. The whole build up and possession play is all wrong. We just make it too easy for teams to defend against us. We certainly don't have a great group of players, but they should be doing better than this. LvG just hasn't got to grips with the football in this country. Either that or he's lost the qualities that made him a great manager in the first place.
£#%&! knows. All I know us that it is all shit.
Closed Thread