United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-06-2023, 10:55 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lztom
I was dreading it but it’s a total damp squib; everyone knows it’s fake. Even their few remaining semi-lucid fans must be sat at home feeling hollow.
Yeah, bet they’re gutted this morning.

Unread 11-06-2023, 11:03 AM
Vedder

I’m more devastated at us being linked with Pickford than a City treble tbh.

Unread 11-06-2023, 11:14 AM
Patty_b

Couldn't imagine how gutting it would be to lose a Champions League final against a foreign team that had already been found guilty and kicked out of the Champions League for cheating, but snaked their way back in due to a technicality, and are currently facing 115 charges for the same cheating in their domestic league. And then to hear that defeat to cheats be described as 'the greatest story in club history'.

If that was us in that scenario I don't think I could face watching another game again.

Unread 11-06-2023, 11:17 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
I’m more devastated at us being linked with Pickford than a City treble tbh.
That was doom trolling that pal. Worst possible news to further piss United fans off at the worst possible time, or an attempt anyway.

They’d have been better doing a Glazer’s opt not to sell and take huge loan from American bank thing tbh.

Unread 11-06-2023, 11:20 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That was doom trolling that pal. Worst possible news to further piss United fans off at the worst possible time, or an attempt anyway.

They’d have been better doing a Glazer’s opt not to sell and take huge loan from American bank thing tbh.
The journo who it's come from is a right oddball when it comes to United. I think he had a good relationship with Fergie when he first came to United, but it turned sour, so now he's another bitter @#%&! who gets their kicks at our misfortune.

Unread 11-06-2023, 11:21 AM
MagnificentSeven

doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as 2012, even though this also came at our expense. back then the entire country was cheering and celebrating their title win, and ran with the "underdog fairytale" narrative because them being a dogshit average side was still fresh in the memory. supporters of these shit clubs living vicariously through city's success.

now it's different. people are sick of them buying every trophy in sight, and knowing that they're serial cheats. there is a young generation of fans growing up who have only ever known english football being dominated by city, and view us as something of an irrelevance at worst. i'm sure one or two would even rather we won the league over them.

Unread 11-06-2023, 11:29 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I’ve been calling Lukaku ‘Jancker’ to my German mate for ages and he thought I was mad because he scored so many goals in Italy and for Belgium and would always mock me for it. He messaged me last night ‘The black Jancker really is shit’
Yeah on the basis of last night (and basically any other big game), it’s probably doing Jancker a disservice ..

Unread 11-06-2023, 11:37 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Yes and seemingly fans of all clubs but Newcastle. Funny that
Credit to these lads though

Unread 11-06-2023, 11:47 AM
est.1878

They've become everything they always hated. Watched the final last week with some home counties 20ish guy who said he cried when they beat Madrid. At half time went to hotel to watch on his phone. Very odd. Tourust club attracting new fans because of grealish, just like we did with beckham

Unread 11-06-2023, 11:58 AM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
They've become everything they always hated. Watched the final last week with some home counties 20ish guy who said he cried when they beat Madrid. At half time went to hotel to watch on his phone. Very odd. Tourust club attracting new fans because of grealish, just like we did with beckham

Unread 11-06-2023, 11:59 AM
puressence

Relaxed. Not sure people care. Genuinely thought I’d be gutted.

Unread 11-06-2023, 12:07 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
Genuinely surprised at the reaction on social media from fans of other clubs to this. Seems like we're not alone in thinking it's a hollow achievement.

This. Good to see the wave of indifference - they’re basically Lance Armstrong.

Unread 11-06-2023, 12:09 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
Not sure what the inbred @#%&! is moaning about. The very thing that attracted the “tourists” are literally the only reason city are where they are as a club.

Remove the financial doping and breaking of rules and you can be sure these tourists wouldn’t be here.

Unread 11-06-2023, 12:11 PM
est.1878

Parade route shorter than a fake captain Tom lap again

https://amp.mancity.com/news/mens/tr...-know-63822036

Unread 11-06-2023, 12:13 PM
Stickman

I’m peeved for better want of term.

The sterile nature of it just makes everything they do easier to brush off.

No i’m not a Manc and I know 1 City fan (who is a Manc and at the game and is a blue @#%&! in most of what he comes out with) so I get it’s not going to sting as much for me as it for those who see them every day…

The absolute pinnacle for me was Liverpool 2005, unexpected and earned. Had to respect it deep deep down even though it felt worse than the Arsenal final and the Glazer takeover - I was a bit naive to the long term of that.

Liverpool signing we won it 5 times was peak rattled for me and I can’t see it ever being trumped.

Unread 11-06-2023, 12:15 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I’m peeved for better want of term.

The sterile nature of it just makes everything they do easier to brush off.

No i’m not a Manc and I know 1 City fan (who is a Manc and at the game and is a blue @#%&! in most of what he comes out with) so I get it’s not going to sting as much for me as it for those who see them every day…

The absolute pinnacle for me was Liverpool 2005, unexpected and earned. Had to respect it deep deep down even though it felt worse than the Arsenal final and the Glazer takeover - I was a bit naive to the long term of that.

Liverpool signing we won it 5 times was peak rattled for me and I can’t see it ever being trumped.
I bet City singing it will.

Unread 11-06-2023, 12:18 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I bet City singing it will.
The Spanish enquiry will take care of them.

Unread 11-06-2023, 01:08 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
The Spanish enquiry will take care of them.
No one expects the Spanish enquiry…

Unread 11-06-2023, 01:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
there is a young generation of fans growing up who have only ever known english football being dominated by city, and view us as something of an irrelevance at worst. i'm sure one or two would even rather we won the league over them.
Some actually wanted us to win the FA Cup this time, which really does say it all.

Unread 11-06-2023, 01:29 PM
Furry Russian hats

Preston North End would be European champions now if they’d bought them. It means nothing and they know it, it’s laughable
Closed Thread