windy waffles

Cool

Fee aside, be a good signing.

Unread 26-07-2018, 03:00 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Fee aside, be a good signing.
Shirley we're going to throw one of the current #@&%!s in the mix? Smalling for me. Giant @#%&!

Unread 26-07-2018, 03:02 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Would much rather Aldiweirald tbh

Obvs we’re not allowed to sign him because he’s 79 in a few months.
We should be getting both and selling 3 of the ones we have.

Maguire would be a proper united signing. Ready to take a step up and hungry to play at the highest level. Also an example of why we shouldn’t sign them too early to play second fiddle, like Jones.

Unread 26-07-2018, 03:04 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger

Maguire would be a proper united signing. Ready to take a step up and hungry to play at the highest level. Also an example of why we shouldn’t sign them too early to play second fiddle, like Jones.
Exactly. People worrying more about age and price than improving on the dross we have deserve more of the same. How many times are we going to have to read about increased revenues/profits, ludicrous TV deals and United being worth another billion quid before they stop caring what we spend to improve the team?

Unread 26-07-2018, 03:05 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Hope that’s the case
Aye. Liverpool just spent 65m on a goalie and Everton 50m on someone who’s been at Watford a few months. If we can’t get maguire for 20m then we shouldn’t bother.

A combination of Bruce and pallister, who doesn’t get injured much and can actually pass the ball forward to a team mate. An up and coming English defender who’s hungry to take a step up at a good age. Why the £#%&! would we want him, when the club could save the money and increase the glazers’ dividend or something. We’re either a big club who want to challenge for the league or we aren’t. Fergie would make that signing every time, regardless of fee.

Unread 26-07-2018, 03:10 PM
utd99

You’d think it was coming out of their Christmas club money.

Unread 26-07-2018, 03:13 PM
Drexl

Got zero issues with the size of his bonce. In fact, I believe it can only be an advantage as a defender to look like a macy's thanksgiving balloon.

What I do have issues with is his hair. Looks like a trainee priest whose mum has dressed him to meet the bishop. "Ahhh hello there Father, my I kiss your ring?"

Unread 26-07-2018, 03:14 PM
ScarFace

I like him but only seen his England games.

Again, i'd sign Fred West at the back for us rather than see smalling jones rojo start.

Unread 26-07-2018, 03:16 PM
AK14

Quote:

I’d be happy with both tbh

But if it was a straight up choice between the two then I’d go for Big Tobes.

Unread 26-07-2018, 03:16 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
It's a magnificent bonce nqat

I don't mind him per se but that is one hell of a mark up.
Is it? City and Liverpool set the bar for buying defenders. I’d take maguire over any they’ve bought for 50m plus.

In addition to what I mentioned above, he’s also an hard bastard, aggressive and takes no shit. I don’t know if he is also a vocal organiser of the defence and has leadership ability, but if he did he’d have everything we lack and be like gold dust. Get him £#%&!ing signed. I don’t care if it’s 100m. Money is a concern for the owners, not me.

Unread 26-07-2018, 03:17 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Shirley we're going to throw one of the current #@&%!s in the mix? Smalling for me. Giant @#%&!
Rojo apparently the bottom of the pile?

Draggers?...

Quote:
Is it? City and Liverpool set the bar for buying defenders. I’d take maguire over any they’ve bought for 50m plus.
Yeah I don’t think you can look that much in pot the transfer fee tbf, like you said that kid from Watford just went for £50m ffs

Unread 26-07-2018, 03:24 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Got zero issues with the size of his bonce. In fact, I believe it can only be an advantage as a defender to look like a macy's thanksgiving balloon.

What I do have issues with is his hair. Looks like a trainee priest whose mum has dressed him to meet the bishop. "Ahhh hello there Father, my I kiss your ring?"

Rather that than the Pogba nonsense. It’s telling that Pogba didn’t £#%&! about showing off fancy hairstyles during the World Cup. Also telling he did a lot of disciplined donkey work. He’d be mourinho’s first name on the team sheet if he did the same at united.

We have stories about the board being reluctant to sign players because of their age. Well here’s a player at the right age ready to take the step up. Will they have an excuse this time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Rojo apparently the bottom of the pile?

Draggers?...

Yeah I don’t think you can look that much in pot the transfer fee tbf, like you said that kid from Watford just went for £50m ffs

https://twitter.com/telefootball/sta...164222976?s=21
If he threatens to strike like Bruce did, I’d be even more sold. If he’s just as happy to go elsewhere, he was shit anyway. Never wanted him.

Unread 26-07-2018, 03:36 PM
utd99

McGuire would get his head to more balls and block more shots in a game than Lindelof would in a season, is ten times what Smalling is on the ball, and would play more times in a year than Jones would in 5. For that reason, I’m in.

If it takes 50m, so what? We could con Everton and West Brom into taking Linders and the drip and make most of that back anyway. Then you free up a spot in the rotation for a kid like FM.

Unread 26-07-2018, 04:38 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Aye. Liverpool just spent 65m on a goalie and Everton 50m on someone who’s been at Watford a few months. If we can’t get maguire for 20m then we shouldn’t bother.

A combination of Bruce and pallister, who doesn’t get injured much and can actually pass the ball forward to a team mate. An up and coming English defender who’s hungry to take a step up at a good age. Why the £#%&! would we want him, when the club could save the money and increase the glazers’ dividend or something. We’re either a big club who want to challenge for the league or we aren’t. Fergie would make that signing every time, regardless of fee.
Fair enough. I like him. Better than possibly all our current CBs. Would be happy if we sign. But a lot of hype around him obviously and do wonder if he is the only option for that kind of money. That much could buy a better defender, I would imagine. (No idea who though tbf).

Unread 26-07-2018, 04:39 PM
Tiberian

Not convinced by him as a defender at the top level, but when the alternative is Rojo(why a new contract?) or Lindelof then his aggressive style is a little more appealing. I can't help but think that it is his aerial ability in both boxes that Mourinho values, doubt we will see him step out with the ball much in a Mou team.

Crazy money for a world cup reaction when he didn't play against a real elite forward the whole tournament, outside of the 3rd place game.

Going to boil some piss on here when Mou starts him alongside Smalling by the way, who for all the hate was our most reliable defender last season.

Unread 26-07-2018, 04:45 PM
ZiggyStardust

Would worry about him if left exposed one v one which if playing in a back 4 is likely at times
Takes him a long time to get turned and moving

Really impressed me at Hull but they played very progressively under Silva
Don’t see making too many of those raids forward under Jose

Unread 26-07-2018, 05:20 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Not convinced by him as a defender at the top level, but when the alternative is Rojo(why a new contract?)
As with everything with united, the bottom line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Would worry about him if left exposed one v one which if playing in a back 4 is likely at times
Takes him a long time to get turned and moving

Really impressed me at Hull but they played very progressively under Silva
Don’t see making too many of those raids forward under Jose
Jones and smalling did didn’t they? They’re just shit at it.

When teams sit deep or we play counter attack, we need a central defender who can do what maguire does. Just having a central defender who can pass the ball forwards to feet, instead of two yard sideways whilst the opposition recovers, would improve our attacking game tenfold. I dare say van gaal would have done far better with maguire in defence.
Closed Thread