United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 26-04-2024, 08:39 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mou Mou Land View Post
The delights of being retired now mean I drive up, stay in a nearby hotel and then return the next morning after a superb full English breakfast.
Back of the net! Sausage as a breakwater?

Unread 26-04-2024, 08:49 AM
Mou Mou Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80 View Post
Back of the net! Sausage as a breakwater?

https://youtu.be/eypZnajNdmQ?si=xlg_Iw22AWoZwLM2
My parents practiced the 'don't mess with your food' style of mealtime etiquette, so we just got on and wolfed it down, as separating things into compartments would have earned a clip around the ear and the possible loss of ones food.

Enlightened times the 60's.

Unread 26-04-2024, 09:01 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
Best - cycle and leave chained up at cricket ground

Favourite - grab one of hundreds black cabs returning into town from old knott bar side 10 mins before ko

Worst - when go with a mate and has utd car park pass. Either forced to leave early or get stuck in it for ages getting out. Don't know why people pay for such a ball ache

RIP was genuinely sad when that closed down, had many a pint in there before and after in our glory days

Unread 26-04-2024, 09:14 AM
jaffo

Drive, park at Funners’, engage in polite social intercourse with Mrs F, Met to OT

Unread 26-04-2024, 09:14 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
RIP was genuinely sad when that closed down, had many a pint in there before and after in our glory days
Could the Italian new place be any more generic "take daddy when he comes down to see you at the luxury flat he bought you deans gate towers" classic London 2.0 full speed ahead

Must have rubbed shoulders many times then... The ciders were great fun. Always table nearest the window... Rising sun quiet meet point, old nag head, white lion if sunny or cask if not then knott bar... £3 pints.. Doing it all in reverse if sat 3pm post game... City road inn and pig and porcupine... Nostalgia same day ship To the "realise you're old" thread

Unread 26-04-2024, 09:26 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Could the Italian new place be any more generic "take daddy when he comes down to see you at the luxury flat he bought you deans gate towers" classic London 2.0 full speed ahead

Must have rubbed shoulders many times then... The ciders were great fun. Always table nearest the window... Rising sun quiet meet point, old nag head, white lion if sunny or cask if not then knott bar... £3 pints.. Doing it all in reverse if sat 3pm post game... City road inn and pig and porcupine... Nostalgia same day ship To the "realise you're old" thread

Some boozer list there ..

Also a knott bar red.... RIP

Unread 26-04-2024, 09:32 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo View Post
Drive, park at Funners’, engage in polite social intercourse with Mrs F, Met to OT
Last time you were here you stripped off in front of her, she feels it was disrespectful and she doesn’t want you in the house again

Unread 26-04-2024, 10:20 AM
suedeshoes

Trams from Newton Heath or car to Trafford.

Won't matter anymore. I go half a dozen times a season on others ST's. They won't be able to send me the ST's via phone anymore.

Unread 26-04-2024, 11:15 AM
Sparky***

Used to drive up. Trains are horrendously expensive and unreliable.

Unread 26-04-2024, 11:38 AM
Jack Duckworth

Not been since 2005, but used to either get dropped off at the Gorse Hill Pub or walk in from town after getting the train.

I can't even begin to imagine the traffic hell on Chester Rd these days. I went to see the Arctic Monkeys at LCC a year or so ago and it was bedlam getting away then.

Unread 26-04-2024, 12:08 PM
Offerington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth View Post
Not been since 2005, but used to either get dropped off at the Gorse Hill Pub or walk in from town after getting the train.

I can't even begin to imagine the traffic hell on Chester Rd these days. I went to see the Arctic Monkeys at LCC a year or so ago and it was bedlam getting away then.

Unread 26-04-2024, 12:48 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

He sang "not for sale" and he meant just that

Unread 26-04-2024, 01:22 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
He sang "not for sale" and he meant just that
Tbh, it hasn't made a blind bit of difference but I'm a stubborn bastard

Still did aways for a few years after tbf.

Unread 26-04-2024, 01:29 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Tbh, it hasn't made a blind bit of difference but I'm a stubborn bastard

Still did aways for a few years after tbf.
You preferred to keep your dignity and instead chose to lose it with a string of failed relationships

Unread 26-04-2024, 01:30 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
You preferred to keep your dignity and instead chose to lose it with a string of failed relationships
Ffs

2 long term relationships between 18 and 41 btw

Unread 26-04-2024, 01:30 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
Jesus mate

Least he missed Moyes....

Unread 26-04-2024, 01:41 PM
redhegemony

4 - 5 hour coach or 3 hour train + Met. Railway club then walk. Same in reverse.

Unread 26-04-2024, 01:44 PM
avocado

Quote:
d
It's actually one of the few independent family owned Italian's left. Owner is from near Naples and came here in the 90s. Wrote a list of villages off the beaten track for a road trip in his homeland on a napkin for me ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
4 - 5 hour coach or 3 hour train + Met. Railway club then walk. Same in reverse.
Need backward walking video ...

Unread 26-04-2024, 01:46 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado View Post
It's actually one of the few independent family owned Italian's left. Owner is from near Naples and came here in the 90s. Wrote a list of villages off the beaten track for a road trip in his homeland on a napkin for me ...

Need backward walking video ...
Wow, esters in the mud again !?

Unread 26-04-2024, 02:19 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Wow, esters in the mud again !?

Quote:
It's actually one of the few independent family owned Italian's left.

full disclosure - admittedly not set foot , just looked very food by numbers (?) , the name seems AI dull, safe prompt and I miss knott .. would you recommend?

Quote:
Owner is from near Naples and came here in the 90s. Wrote a list of villages off the beaten track for a road trip in his homeland on a napkin for me ...

Poscript:

"avoid at all costs. Distinctly average food accompanied by even worse service. When I asked for additional Parmesan cheese on my pasta, the waitress told me that there would be an added charge for this. For a split second I assumed this was some sort of sick joke, however, when I looked up to see her straight face, I realised my nightmare had become a reality. To say that the under-cheesed pasta left a sour taste would be the understatement of the century."

Let's sort a restaurant 2024 thread before armchair has elevated blood pressure