United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Macca1990

Default Berbatov - Front Man

I really like Berbs and I can't help but think that fergie has otehr plans for him, I don't know why he was bought if his intention was to play him as an attacking midfielder instead of a forward and lets face it thats whats happend.

He's recieved a lot of criticism but he obviously doesnt like being in the first phase of the final third at Spurs he was an out and out strriker and front man yeah he held the ball up but he was also the focal point of their attack, I think everyone thought he would be deployed in the same sort of role for us, I'm a bit suprised he hasnt been but who knows what the old fergie has planned.

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Ether

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether

£#%&!ing hell

fwiw I thought Berbs was sublime in the first half if we'd finished all his build up play we'd of been 3 up at half time.

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:31 PM
BarryX

we'll know next season.

he's been pretty £#%&!ing solid in my opinion. not spectacular, frustrating to watch at times, but has scored and created plenty of goals this year to more than justify his place in our revolving first team and squad. fingers crossed he makes the grade.

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
£#%&!ing hell

fwiw I thought Berbs was sublime in the first half if we'd finished all his build up play we'd of been 3 up at half time.
He was and we should've been.

Answers on a postcard re that header. Thanks.

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Coracao

He has fantastic vision and ability to pick a pass.

He does drop too deep at times though. The same also applies for Rooney and Tevez. But that is also why we're difficult to play against, as none of them are 'static'. The main criticism of Berbatov for me is that he stands there admiring a pass or layoff too often, instead of getting into the box.

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:37 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
He was and we should've been.

Answers on a postcard re that header. Thanks.
I was all & then Carrick went & missed the next one 2 mins later & I was x 2

Still, 1 point away from a £#%&!ing hat-trick

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:37 PM
Camel

battered every time he received the ball.

pretty good tactics by bruce tbh - cut the supply line.

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:38 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
battered every time he received the ball.

pretty good tactics by bruce tbh - cut the supply line.
Noticed that. Was getting kicked all over the place.

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Ether

Quote:
The last few weeks in particular, he's been on the receiving end of a lot of snide tackles. Even though he's not someone you'd call a hardman, it doesn't phase him though.

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Baron

tbf if you occupy the same space on the pitch as Cattermole & Brown you're going to get kicked to £#%&!.

He took it, he showed what he was about, if only we'd of finished the chances he'd of had more space to continue but the game went the other way when they scored first. Thought he was magic in the first 45, plays the game spinning on his #@&%!.

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
The last few weeks in particular, he's been on the receiving end of a lot of snide tackles. Even though he's not someone you'd call a hardman, it doesn't phase him though.
I think he finds it all very boring.

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:44 PM
marlo

cut off my arm and ill miss it because its important to me.. trim down my facial hair and ill be dissapointed as it looked nice.

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:47 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca1990
I guess the point I was trying to make is why sehll out £30 mil for a guy to play in a position where we've got players far more adapt (Rooney, Tevez).

out of all our front four, he would be the one we wouldnt miss much if at all if he left in the summer. everyone knows this but wont admit it.

that is all and a fact.

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
out of all our front four, he would be the one we wouldnt miss much if at all if he left in the summer. everyone knows this but wont admit it.

that is all and a fact.
Zzzzzzzzzzz

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Zorg

Anyone who couldn't see how good Berbatov was tonight is a £#%&!ing idiot.

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:50 PM
borsuk

Quote:
cut off my arm and ill miss it because its important to me.. trim down my facial hair and ill be dissapointed as it looked nice.
you have facial hair? already?

berbatov was tremendous tonight, simple as that.

anderson is wasted wide left, though. if we're not going to play him in the middle then we'd be better off playing park. even left of a three is fine, just not wide left.

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Camel

Quote:
it worked very well for them for 2/3rds of the match. too well for my liking.

how long was it til rooney switched? we were a bit static up front and ando was poor. but £#%&! it, we won

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:52 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Anyone who couldn't see how good Berbatov was tonight is a £#%&!ing idiot.
well im an idiot then.

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Coracao

Quote:
well im an idiot then.
Closed Thread