United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-11-2015, 07:00 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Do you not think it looks like our play is restricted? Clearly it has benefited us defensively. But doesn't our lack of chance creation/shots despite being the team with most possesion in the league suggest something?

Or do I overrate our players and we still need to bin another 4/5 players. How much longer can this wholesale shedding of players continue before we question the managers approach?
Roll on May.

Unread 08-11-2015, 07:01 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
So he's told not to beat players? Otherwise little Juan would be ripping full-backs a new one
He's not a winger so its not really his job to be beating players out wide. Technically he has the skills to beat players on one but its a bit hard to do that when we're playing zombie possession football.

He beat someone 1v1 at palace btw when he was positioned centrally for a bit.

Sad that youve joined dunk back in the anti-matter camp.

Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Utterly shocked you are watching Liverpool instead of Arsenal-Spurs.
Top reds watched both

red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
2 points off the top ffs? Lokkers, are we on par or what now? Or we half a point out still?
Its pointless, pal - marlo has told us we won't make the CL this season

Unread 08-11-2015, 07:02 PM
atticusgrinch

Cham21ons

Buy Mane or Greizmann in January and bring the trophy home.

Unread 08-11-2015, 07:04 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
2 points off the top ffs? Lokkers, are we on par or what now? Or we half a point out still?
If you'd have told me after that arsenal game that we'd be two points off the pace at this stage, I'd have bitten your nuts off.

dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
If you'd have told me after that arsenal game that we'd be two points off the pace at this stage, I'd have bitten your nuts off.
Steady on love...

Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yes, the supporters have been forced to spend time watching Mata and are choosing to seem him a positive light even when he's actually a bit shit.

Admittedly not a kidnapping, but similar to a hostage situation in that we're stuck with him and a similar phenomenon from some of his backers.
It doesn't work on any level

Unread 08-11-2015, 07:05 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Boooooooooooo

taff

imagine being kidnapped by mata. you'd probably play bagatelle and drink fine wine until the ransom arrived.

dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Boooooooooooo

Unread 08-11-2015, 07:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Cham21ons

Buy Mane or Greizmann in January and bring the trophy home.
Who would you drop to put one or other of them in from yesterday's side?

Or a full strength side?

Unread 08-11-2015, 07:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
He's not a winger so its not really his job to be beating players out wide. Technically he has the skills to beat players on one but its a bit hard to do that when we're playing zombie possession football.

He beat someone 1v1 at palace btw when he was positioned centrally for a bit.

Sad that youve joined dunk back in the anti-matter camp.
Oh he might lose someone with a drag-back or something. I meant more running past players.

Not so much anti-Mata. I just like Eriksen a lot. And Mata's a bit £#%&! sometimes etc.

Unread 08-11-2015, 07:08 PM
Swagger

Lingard
Mata
Memphis

Martial

In that order

Bastian and Carrique pulling strings in midfield

saffers

Quote:
Roll on May.
Results wise we're doing great despite the blip pre cska at home. 2 points off the top, a win away from going through the group stages.

I want us to win everything but I can't deny the football is absolutely bloodless and as we saw pre cska it is very easy for us to fall into a hole when playing this way.

Hopefully we keep progressing and build on what is looking more and more like a real defence.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
It doesn't work on any level
It does. Saffers just described him as a direct player capable of beating a man but being stifled by the manager that's born out of a desire to love him as a player more than having a reason to make that statement, can only be some weird psychological issue like Stockholm syndrome. Loving someone despite them being horrible for you.

Unread 08-11-2015, 07:09 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger
Lingard
Mata
Memphis

Martial

In that order

Bastian and Carrique pulling strings in midfield

It's got 4th place all over it

Unread 08-11-2015, 07:12 PM
Lok

Quote:

Unread 08-11-2015, 07:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
imagine being kidnapped by mata. you'd probably play bagatelle and drink fine wine until the ransom arrived.
Can certainly see why some are so enamoured with him and desperate for him to succeed on a personal level, absolutely lovely bloke. Can even see why they want him to succeed on the pitch, his first touch is heavenly and he loves a goal the lad, but he's more Berbatov/Veron than any other signing I can think of.

Unread 08-11-2015, 07:14 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Who would you drop to put one or other of them in from yesterday's side?

Or a full strength side?
Lingard in a heartbeat. It's nice that he's a youth product doing well but hes not keeping Griezeman out of the side
Closed Thread