United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-07-2019, 11:04 AM
Patty_b

Looking forward to seeing the team I support play football. I might not enjoy the results of some of the games, or even the majority of games; and I might not like the league table come May 2020, but I will and always have enjoyed watching Man United play football.

I don't need us to be successful to want to watch us play.

On top of that, at this point in time I'm hoping to see Rashford and The Scottish Player continue to improve and establish themselves as Man United players; Martial and Fred to fulfil their potential; Lindelof and Shaw to continue their gradual improvement; James and Wan-Bissaka, along with any other new signings we make, integrate into the team and hopefully offer something to get even more excited about.

I may be left disappointed at the end of the season in regards to the above, but it doesn't make me any less excited to watch us play and see how it all unfolds.

Unread 10-07-2019, 11:05 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Looking forward to seeing the team I support play football. I might not enjoy the results of some of the games, or even the majority of games; and I might not like the league table come May 2020, but I will and always have enjoyed watching Man United play football.

On top of that, at this point in time I'm hoping to see Rashford and The Scottish Player continue to improve and establish themselves as Man United players; Martial and Fred to fulfil their potential; Lindelof and Shaw to continue their gradual improvement; James and Wan-Bissaka, along with any other new signings we make, integrate into the team and hopefully offer something to get even more excited about.

I may be left disappointed at the end of the season in regards to the above, but it doesn't make me any less excited to watch us play and see how it all unfolds.

Unread 10-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Patty_b

Yeah I'm not going to be holding my breath for that one

I still hold out a little bit of hope though

Unread 10-07-2019, 11:15 AM
Buck

Chelsea and Wolves away to start the season is a baptism of fire and the perfect start in my view. Because we have no room to slug our way into the season. We have to be ready to go from minute one. And that is exciting for me because imagine we get six points out of six, two excellent performances...the cobwebs of last season immediately fall away.

Ole's first full season, a clean slate and no doubt he and Phelan have an inner goal to win the league and they know what it takes.

Unread 10-07-2019, 11:34 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Chelsea and Wolves away to start the season is a baptism of fire and the perfect start in my view. Because we have no room to slug our way into the season. We have to be ready to go from minute one. And that is exciting for me because imagine we get six points out of six, two excellent performances...the cobwebs of last season immediately fall away.

Ole's first full season, a clean slate and no doubt he and Phelan have an inner goal to win the league and they know what it takes.
1 point from 6. Already five points off the top after two games...

Unread 10-07-2019, 11:59 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

What a load of shit.

You enjoyed watching us ship 6 goals at home against city? You found that exciting?

Are you 12 years old btw? Genuine question.

Quote:

Unread 10-07-2019, 12:04 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:

Rashford hasn't improved in 3 years

Unread 10-07-2019, 12:11 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

Yeah that ain’t happening is it...

Nothing against Ole, but the board will make his job so much more difficult than it should be that it’ll be like pissing into wind.

I am looking forward to hopefully seeing a few of the kids get games and hopefully they develop into good players over the next few years. But I have no hope in us actually challenging for anything this season

We’ve still got a load of deadwood to shift and are short of 3-4 players to be able to break into the top 4 imo. That’s not on Ole but on the board, who as a few predicted will give Ole a mountain to climb because of how inept they are when it comes to actually running the football side of the club.

Need Ole to pull a master stroke this season, but I’ll back him as long as there’s a shred of promise to what he’s trying to do.

Unread 10-07-2019, 12:13 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Nothing against Ole, but the board will make his job so much more difficult than it should be that it’ll be like pissing into wind.

I am looking forward to hopefully seeing a few of the kids get games and hopefully they develop into good players over the next few years. But I have no hope in us actually challenging for anything this season

We’ve still got a load of deadwood to shift and are short of 3-4 players to be able to break into the top 4 imo. That’s not on Ole but on the board, who as a few predicted will give Ole a mountain to climb because of how inept they are when it comes to actually running the football side of the club.

Need Ole to pull a master stroke this season, but I’ll back him as long as there’s a shred of promise to what he’s trying to do.
Is that all we have to look forward to? A 'good' player developing...

Can't wait.

Unread 10-07-2019, 12:14 PM
sa7

"conferance"

Unread 10-07-2019, 12:18 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Is that all we have to look forward to? A 'good' player developing...

Can't wait.
It’s where we are at the moment sadly pal.

Can’t see much changing in the short term tbh.

Unread 10-07-2019, 12:20 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
What a load of shit.

You enjoyed watching us ship 6 goals at home against city? You found that exciting?

Are you 12 years old btw? Genuine question.
What a bitter response

Nah, you're right. I hate watching Man United and don't look forward to any game because we once lost 6-1 to Manchester City

And I can only look forward to watching my team play if I'm some sort of immature adolescent? What a pathetic and depressing life you must lead.

It's a pretty childish response to a genuine reply to your initial post, what are you, 8 years old? That's not a genuine question.

As it's a genuine question, I'll point out that I've mentioned my age several times on these boards, and even posted a photo of myself. I do not look 12.

Edit: I've just updated my profile so you can see my age and DOB, seeing as you're that interested.

Unread 10-07-2019, 12:22 PM
atticusgrinch

I've resigned myself to utd being absolutely £#%&!ed.

Any improvement on that will be a bonus.

Unread 10-07-2019, 12:25 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

this.

My only reasonable expectation is that we get removed from the europa cup before March 2020

We'll finish between 6th and 10th

Unread 10-07-2019, 12:27 PM
sa7

Quote:

This is the first season I've completely abandoned hope

13-14 - Moyes' season - we had a title winning squad which I'd hoped would carry some momentum.

14-15 - Van Gaal arrived - was buzzing about the new direction... BIG BALLS VOETBALL.

15-16 - Thought we'd build on our 4th place finish and see more of the fabled three game purple patch of the previous season.

16-17 - Mourinho came - The big dawg. A man who wins the league wherever he goes.

17-18 - Mourinho's second year - Had a season to assess the squad and bring in his own people. Thought we might snide @#%&! our way to glory.

18-19 - We'd finished second the year before so at least had some hope that we might be in the mix up for the title.

19-20 - I choose death.

Unread 10-07-2019, 12:32 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Never said it was happening this season or in any time frame. Just that it's an inner goal. Not sure what's laughable that two men who have been serial winners at this club, worked with serial winners at this club, under the biggest serial winner in managerial history don't have an inner goal to get this club back to that standard. People constantly talk about United DNA and how some just don't have it. You can't quantify it but a big part of is it's much better to aim high and fail then just accept average as the new norm.

Unread 10-07-2019, 12:36 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Never said it was happening this season or in any time frame. Just that it's an inner goal. Not sure what's laughable that two men who have been serial winners at this club, worked with serial winners at this club, under the biggest serial winner in managerial history don't have an inner goal to get this club back to that standard. People constantly talk about United DNA and how some just don't have it. You can't quantify it but a big part of is it's much better to aim high and fail then just accept average as the new norm.
You can have an inner goal all you want. Means £#%&! all when you have to turn it into reality.

Unread 10-07-2019, 12:43 PM
Buck

Quote:
You can have an inner goal all you want. Means £#%&! all when you have to turn it into reality.
Right...so lets see how it develops rather than wave the white flag in July?

Unread 10-07-2019, 12:51 PM
TheFatGoth

Difficult to watch.

He's clearly been briefed on what he's supposed to say and you don't feel like he has any confidence in what's coming out of his mouth. Very little conviction in his answers. He's like a student doing a rehearsed presentation/interview.

Unread 10-07-2019, 12:54 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

This. We’re a mid table side that won’t be in for the top prizes and will do well to get very far with any of the others. I’m not sure the clubs outside the top 4 wave white flags every July but if they do, we might aswell join them.

Its not being defeatist - it’s just being realistic. If you can still genuinely get excited about us conceding a last minute goal to draw the match at Burnley away than good for you. I can’t.

I accept there will be a few good moments but I’d prepare more for it being fairly £#%&!ing miserable.
Closed Thread