Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-01-2023, 10:58 PM
browser

Default Rashford apologies

It’s time. You know who you are….

Unread 06-01-2023, 11:04 PM
20LEgend1999

Was clear he had to step up massively coming into this season, but some of the stuff posted writing him off was ridiculous.

Always believed in him and he's showing what he can do in a proper side

Must be some great stuff in the "How much longer does Rashford get?" thread.

Unread 06-01-2023, 11:05 PM
silv

i thought he wasn’t gonna make it i’ll admit to it

he’s looking great. let’s see him do it two seasons in a row

Unread 06-01-2023, 11:06 PM
red in cumbria

Tbf its quite understandable that a lot of us had got frustrated by the summer. "Potential" doesn't mean a great deal if it is never realised, and it even seemed that the claims he had got distracted by stuff outside of football weren't totally baseless.

The form he is showing now is just

Unread 06-01-2023, 11:10 PM
Ethers

Come on you @#%&!s.

Absolute £#%&!wits who wanted to take whatever we could get for him at one point

What a guy. Adore him. Proud to have him playing for our club

Unread 06-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Boring Dave

I must be missing something, I still see a player who more often not makes the wrong decision and runs into defenders or blind alleys.

Sell in the Summer if his stock is high. The shit little bastard remains grotesquely overpaid.

Unread 06-01-2023, 11:15 PM
windy waffles

Was literally gonna post an apology thread.

Fair £#%&!s to him. Stopped trying to save the world and his football is on another level at the moment.

Ipswich can wait...

Unread 06-01-2023, 11:17 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory Dave
I must be missing something, I still see a player who more often not makes the wrong decision and runs into defenders or blind alleys.

Sell in the Summer if his stock is high. The shit little bastard remains grotesquely overpaid.
“Tory Dave” might potentially be missing something, shock horror….

Unread 06-01-2023, 11:18 PM
Hyman_Roth

It’s #@&%! stuff this. I’m pretty sure that fans are able to criticise poor performances and congratulate good performances. Rashford had 18 months of shite performances - he’s had 6 months of good ones. Most could see what he was capable of but he has to produce it rather than trip up over his bottom lip.

Unread 06-01-2023, 11:25 PM
Finport Red

Man turns up for work. Everyone fed up for all the times he didn’t bother should apologise to him for their poor attitudes. Ok.

He’s playing brilliantly. Was always capable of doing so, but didn’t, and rightly got slated for it.

Long May the current run of form continue.

Unread 06-01-2023, 11:32 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory Dave

So its not just politics you are clueless about, then

Unread 06-01-2023, 11:37 PM
Drexl

wow the "apply standards to another man I don't adhere to myself" crew are going full pelt here

bite

Unread 06-01-2023, 11:38 PM
The taste of...

I’d rather thank ETH for salvaging something good from a debacle

And so should Rashers

Unread 06-01-2023, 11:39 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Man turns up for work. Everyone fed up for all the times he didn’t bother should apologise to him for their poor attitudes. Ok.

He’s playing brilliantly. Was always capable of doing so, but didn’t, and rightly got slated for it.

Long May the current run of form continue.
Good point.

Apology retracted...

Unread 06-01-2023, 11:39 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
It’s #@&%! stuff this. I’m pretty sure that fans are able to criticise poor performances and congratulate good performances. Rashford had 18 months of shite performances - he’s had 6 months of good ones. Most could see what he was capable of but he has to produce it rather than trip up over his bottom lip.
A 23 year old was getting hung out to dry for not carrying a complete mess of a football club on his shoulders single-handedly. People bemoaning his charity work as a result.

Some structure and a real manager and he’s our shining light, Casemiro talking him up as a top 5 global talent and outperforming the 2 80m attackers we brought in, whilst taking up Ronaldos mantle. We need to get a new contract signed asap with PSG sniffing

Unread 07-01-2023, 12:11 AM
redhegemony

Terrific again. The defence shit themselves every time he ran at them. Great pen.

Unread 07-01-2023, 12:44 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
A 23 year old was getting hung out to dry for not carrying a complete mess of a football club on his shoulders single-handedly. People bemoaning his charity work as a result.

Some structure and a real manager and he’s our shining light, Casemiro talking him up as a top 5 global talent and outperforming the 2 80m attackers we brought in, whilst taking up Ronaldos mantle. We need to get a new contract signed asap with PSG sniffing
I think you might be shouting at people at the extremes which is fair enough. But It goes both ways. He was diabolical for a long time - I’m not sure he was ever being asked to carry the whole football club - just put in the minimum effort expected even if he wasn’t in form. And there was quite a long period when he refused to do the bare minimum and was visibly flouncing. No problem in my eyes to call that shit out and I’d argue not right that people ignored it. He’s now hit the form everyone hoped he would away from the distractions of lingard and Pogba etc. and it’s now time to congratulate him.

I’m not sure it’s anymore complicated than that.

Unread 07-01-2023, 01:49 AM
marlo

I’m not apologising.

he a player earning 250k a week.

And has been up until last summer earning more than his peers like mo salah , mane and son!

Has he delivered like they have the last two seasons no!

He has had about 12 good games (15 max) in 3 seasons

Happy with his current form and long may it continue!

Unread 07-01-2023, 03:06 AM
RedMenace

I agree with that. He's playing sensationally well at the moment but the previous criticism of his performances over the last couple of years was justified. It wasn't all his fault, no, but he was playing like a drain.

Unread 07-01-2023, 03:50 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
I think you might be shouting at people at the extremes which is fair enough. But It goes both ways. He was diabolical for a long time - I’m not sure he was ever being asked to carry the whole football club - just put in the minimum effort expected even if he wasn’t in form. And there was quite a long period when he refused to do the bare minimum and was visibly flouncing. No problem in my eyes to call that shit out and I’d argue not right that people ignored it. He’s now hit the form everyone hoped he would away from the distractions of lingard and Pogba etc. and it’s now time to congratulate him.

I’m not sure it’s anymore complicated than that.
Postage
Closed Thread