United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-02-2007, 10:14 PM
violater

Default fernando torres

we need this lad to lead the line next season.

Unread 24-02-2007, 10:17 PM
Ether

Not watching the game, is he doing well then?

Unread 24-02-2007, 10:17 PM
Ed Sullivan

I don't think he'd want to play for us unless Ronaldo stays.

Unread 24-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Golden
Villa is a better player.
In Spain Yes. In the world cup Torres showed what he is about. I actually think his game would be more suited here than Espagna.

Unread 24-02-2007, 10:27 PM
Rhodzy

Would love to see him here, unfortuately we don't have the money to get him, he'd be perfect for us.
Fatboy, I agree with you, he'll be better suited in the prem.

Unread 24-02-2007, 10:31 PM
The Watcher

I love El Niño, he'd be perfect for us. He's starting to stagnate at Athletico, I'm really suprised that he stayed their after the world cup. Having him in attack with Rooney and Ronaldo would £#%&!ing great to watch.

Brilliant player, just a shame that we're broke

Unread 24-02-2007, 10:32 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Golden
Torres still has a lot to prove to be considered worth "World-Class" and worth upwards of £20 million.
that's true, thought the same could have been said of ronnie. torres is a real prospect and the only way we'll get the best in the world coming to ot is to get them before they reach their peak. worth a gamble, imho. or would be if we had the money.

Unread 24-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Ether

Villa might be a better player, though I'm not so sure. I doubt he'd fit in with our style of play as well as Torres though.

Unread 24-02-2007, 10:37 PM
violater

torres looks every part a united player...

he may not be world class yet but suits our styleand looks the part(the way he carries himself)
imagine a striker force of rooney playing off torres.

ronaldo on the wing...

- the face of opposition defenders.

Unread 24-02-2007, 10:43 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™
torres looks every part a united player...

he may not be world class yet but suits our styleand looks the part(the way he carries himself)
imagine a striker force of rooney playing off torres.

ronaldo on the wing...

[SIZE="4"]Yessir

Unread 24-02-2007, 11:10 PM
Tiberian

Best i have seen him play this season, and yes he would be perfect for Utd.

Aguero looks quality as well, but how Cannovara got World player of the year I do not know, played well for Italy but his club form has been mediocre for a couple of years at least.

Unread 24-02-2007, 11:16 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Aguero looks quality as well, but how Cannovara got World player of the year I do not know, played well for Italy but his club form has been mediocre for a couple of years at least.
It should have gone to Eto. The guy's been the best striker in the world for the last two seasons.

Unread 24-02-2007, 11:24 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
It should have gone to Eto. The guy's been the best striker in the world for the last two seasons.
Did not play in the WC. In world cup year Fifa always give it to someone who went a long way in the WC.

Considering what he did in the league and CL Eto'o had a very good shout.

Unread 24-02-2007, 11:33 PM
magic_cantona

Villa's nailed on to got to the Dippers or Renters though.

Unread 24-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Villa's nailed on to got to the Dippers or Renters though.
Villa won't go to Liverpool, maybe the renties.
Before the game Ballague said Eto'o to england, Torres to barca.

Unread 24-02-2007, 11:40 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
Villa won't go to Liverpool, maybe the renties.
Before the game Ballague said Eto'o to england, Torres to barca.

So Eto will go to Italy and Torres to England

Unread 25-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Rhodzy

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/stor...t/sport3.shtml
Quote:
ATLETICO MADRID have opened the door for Manchester United to make a £27million swoop for Fernando Torres.

Atletico sporting director Jesus Garcia Pitarch has admitted he expects the highly-rated striker to leave the club.

Pitarch said: "To hold on to Fernando Torres, a product of the youth system, seems virtually impossible."

That is bound to be seen as a signal for United and other top clubs to step up their interest.

Newcastle were reported to have had a £25m bid turned down in January and Liverpool's Rafa Benitez is another big fan of the hitman.

But United have maintained a constant watch on developments and will not want to lose out in a transfer chase for the Spain international.

Unread 21-12-2009, 04:56 PM
marlo

Default Re: fernando torres

Unread 21-12-2009, 04:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
So Eto will go to Italy and Torres to England

United were watching and bidding for Torres from when he was 16. Most United fans knew of him and wanted him at OT from when he was 17/18. It was just never going to happen. Just as fat Ronaldo and Benzema were never going to play for United. They are just the type of players that never do.

Unread 21-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Spiffy

You'd better make sure Jack Duckworth doesn't see this thread or he'll be turning states evidence on you. Any minute now the SAS will abseil in through your front window.
Closed Thread