United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-06-2015, 11:12 AM
suedeshoes

My lad finished the season with 33 goals in 18 matches and his team won their league. He's in a summer league now and has 9 in 4 . He's had a right tough time of it with his seizures but he was finally dianosed last week and he's got focal epilepsy. Bit of a bastard as he'll have it forever but at least now he should be over the worst and has been put on a medication plan that should stop him having any more seizures. Should #nervousfather

Unread 02-06-2015, 11:14 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
My lad finished the season with 33 goals in 18 matches and his team won their league. He's in a summer league now and has 9 in 4 . He's had a right tough time of it with his seizures but he was finally dianosed last week and he's got focal epilepsy. Bit of a bastard as he'll have it forever but at least now he should be over the worst and has been put on a medication plan that should stop him having any more seizures. Should #nervousfather
Sounds like he is doing great, hope it all goes okay for him (and you)

Unread 02-06-2015, 01:45 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Word sueders. Glad to hear your lad has been properly diagnosed and I hope you're all holding up. Having a more minor (I hope) diagnosis scare with mine atm which I'm finding tough so can only imagine how tough it's been a chez suede. Glad to hear he's banging them in

Unread 02-06-2015, 02:06 PM
suedeshoes

It's been a a bit of a nightmare but hopefully better from here on. Last week we had to keep him awake for 24 hours so they could ensure he'd sleep in hospital whilst they did a 'sleep-deprived' EEG. Was fun until midnight. One of the key triggers to a seizure is tiredness so he had 3 major ones during that night. It's heartbreaking to watch the lad going through one and exhausting for him.
'Luckily' he then had one at the hospital when he was wired up and being filmed so they had everything they needed there and then. I hope that's that for now, the kid needs a break.

Good luck to you and junior MNIK.

Unread 02-06-2015, 02:21 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
It's been a a bit of a nightmare but hopefully better from here on. Last week we had to keep him awake for 24 hours so they could ensure he'd sleep in hospital whilst they did a 'sleep-deprived' EEG. Was fun until midnight. One of the key triggers to a seizure is tiredness so he had 3 major ones during that night. It's heartbreaking to watch the lad going through one and exhausting for him.
'Luckily' he then had one at the hospital when he was wired up and being filmed so they had everything they needed there and then. I hope that's that for now, the kid needs a break.

Good luck to you and junior MNIK.
Cheers, hopefully mine will turn out to be less significant than we fear. But re young sueders, they say no one can prepare you for shit like that and they're right, they can't. Best of

Unread 07-09-2015, 03:59 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

11 a side started this week. We lost half our team in June (went to play with mates from school) and were very close to sacking it off.

Managed to scrape together 13 players and won 4-1 in our first game yesterday
We played Rochdale's school of excellence last week and lost 4-3 in the last minute.

One observation from yesterdays game and the one I went to watch afterwards.....how aggressive are the parents at under 13's?
We had several kicking off in our game and then the game I went to watch afterwards had an old bloke trying to kill the ref

Unread 07-09-2015, 04:06 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
11 a side started this week. We lost half our team in June (went to play with mates from school) and were very close to sacking it off.
Code for you lost the dressing room pal.

Unread 07-09-2015, 04:06 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

Managed to scrape together 13 players and won 4-1 in our first game yesterday
We played Rochdale's school of excellence last week and lost 4-3 in the last minute.

One observation from yesterdays game and the one I went to watch afterwards.....how aggressive are the parents at under 13's?
We had several kicking off in our game and then the game I went to watch afterwards had an old bloke trying to kill the ref
#rochdalethat

is tony ellis still the centre of excellence manager at rochdale?

Unread 07-09-2015, 04:09 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Code for you lost the dressing room pal.
Pretty much, worked out for the best for everyone though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
#rochdalethat

is tony ellis still the centre of excellence manager at rochdale?
The bother wasn't at Rochdale, I was away for that game...probably why we only lost by 1

Unread 07-03-2016, 12:36 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Made it through to the Manchester Cup Semi Final yesterday
Also into the league cup semi final

Still only played one league game since October though

LVG'ing my way through this season

Unread 07-03-2016, 12:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
Made it through to the Manchester Cup Semi Final yesterday
Also into the league cup semi final

Still only played one league game since October though

LVG'ing my way through this season
Wish LvG had only managed us in one league game since October.

Unread 07-03-2016, 12:55 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Wish LvG had only managed us in one league game since October.

Unread 07-03-2016, 01:09 PM
suedeshoes

Cool

Sueders junior scored his 34th and 35th of the season in a 2-0 win on Sunday to put us through to the cup Q-finals. He's really flying this season (though he should have scored 4...clean through twice and shot straight at the keeper). He did a term at Derby County but we weren't impressed so he wont be going back next term. He missed a month with his Osgood-Schaltters disease playing-up which £#%&!s his knees up but he's back for the seasons run-in (Other than that his health has been fine for over 8 months now).
His school are in the semi's of the county schools cup too. He's scored 14 in 6 games for them. I £#%&!ing love watching him tbh.

Unread 07-03-2016, 01:33 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Thumbs up

Quote:
Sueders junior scored his 34th and 35th of the season in a 2-0 win on Sunday to put us through to the cup Q-finals. He's really flying this season (though he should have scored 4...clean through twice and shot straight at the keeper). He did a term at Derby County but we weren't impressed so he wont be going back next term. He missed a month with his Osgood-Schaltters disease playing-up which £#%&!s his knees up but he's back for the seasons run-in (Other than that his health has been fine for over 8 months now).
His school are in the semi's of the county schools cup too. He's scored 14 in 6 games for them. I £#%&!ing love watching him tbh.
Jesus, ronaldo stats
Glad he's on the mend pal

Unread 07-03-2016, 01:42 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Jesus, ronaldo stats
Glad he's on the mend pal
Cheers pal. Very proud of him.

His best mate plays for a different team in another league*. He's scored 56 goals in 22 matches!

*Division 1 tbf. Frankie plays in the Premier division.

Unread 07-03-2016, 02:16 PM
Throw

There were Arsenal scouts at my lads training this weekend. Not to look at him unfortunately. He hasn't got it. There's about 3 of them who seem to be supremely talented. They're all aged 5 or 6. Madness.

Unread 07-03-2016, 02:20 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw
There were Arsenal scouts at my lads training this weekend. Not to look at him unfortunately. He hasn't got it. There's about 3 of them who seem to be supremely talented. They're all aged 5 or 6. Madness.
Remember going to a tournament with my lads, had a real good chat with a Burnley scout. 5 - 6 would be the OLDEST they would look at My lads team were under 9's and the scout said they were too old to be scouted as they will have the bad habits and it cant be trained out of them.

Unread 07-03-2016, 02:24 PM
Throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
Remember going to a tournament with my lads, had a real good chat with a Burnley scout. 5 - 6 would be the OLDEST they would look at My lads team were under 9's and the scout said they were too old to be scouted as they will have the bad habits and it cant be trained out of them.
Yeah I read something similar to that in a Guardian article recently. Good job we don't see any of these bad habits on display in the current united team.

Unread 07-03-2016, 02:25 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
WHat a crock of shit (you not them).

We've improved 2-3 of our lads who we've had since 8 years old into really good footballers.

One lad was supremely athletic but was never a footballer, fasted and strongest kid i've seen at his age. We spent 3 years coaching him into a centre half (even though his dad argued he was a striker)....he was signed by City in October as a centre half

Unread 07-03-2016, 02:26 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
WHat a crock of shit (you not them).

We've improved 2-3 of our lads who we've had since 8 years old into really good footballers.

One lad was supremely athletic but was never a footballer, fasted and strongest kid i've seen at his age. We spent 3 years coaching him into a centre half (even though his dad argued he was a striker)....he was signed by City in October as a centre half
You blue bastard.

The enemy within. YHBR.
Closed Thread