United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-05-2018, 02:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
We operate (or should be operating) at the same level as Madrid, Barca, Bayern and arguably Juve. Which of those would have given Rashford as much game time as we have given him? Forwards have to deliver, there's no hiding place.
Bayern and Barca give homegrown players game time and patience in order to see them grow? Nah, never..

Unread 25-05-2018, 03:04 PM
puressence

Marko is better than martial

Unread 25-05-2018, 03:09 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Bayern and Barca give homegrown players game time and patience id order to see them grow? Nah, never..
Yes they give them time. They nurture them in the hope they'll blossom, as we're dying with Rashford and martial.

They don't build a team around two kids that aren't performing.

Would Rashford have got this much game time at barca?

Unread 25-05-2018, 03:11 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Yes they give them time. They nurture them in the hope they'll blossom, as we're dying with Rashford and martial.

Would Rashford have got this much game time at barca?
Would Rashford be performing as badly at Barsa?

Unread 25-05-2018, 03:14 PM
AK14

Think we’ve a chicken or egg situation going on here.

Unread 25-05-2018, 03:15 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Bayern and Barca give homegrown players game time and patience id order to see them grow? Nah, never..
Bayren can afford to do it. They win the league on the first day. Barca have a better youth set up. Both have better scouts.

Back to Arnautvic (whatever) , rather keep Martial , and the french f***er can't score enough and Rashford is less a player than Danny Danny Danny and I rather keep him. £#%&! me if Jose takes him on - shoot the c***

Unread 25-05-2018, 04:02 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Remember when Brendan Rodgers signed Rickie Lambert and we all took the piss.

People who have been saying all our problems stem from Fergie buying shit like Valencia endorsing this balls.
We’re going to be linked with 200 players this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Yes we should, which is why it depresses me to £#%&! that we have players like Lukaku & Fellaini playing such a key role in things.
What key role is fellaini playing?

Unread 25-05-2018, 04:06 PM
75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Think we’ve a chicken or egg situation going on here.
Roast the chicken and boil the eggs.
Rid of the f***ing lot.

I hate football.

Just remembered "Mou Mou"'s 'eggs' speech from a few years ago. He was going on about the best eggs being from Waitrose but sometimes you can't get those eggs.
FML.

Unread 25-05-2018, 04:15 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

when I say 'build the team around them' I mean play to their strengths.
Play a style of Football that gets the best out of them & gives them confidence.
& maybe stop slagging them off after every under-par performance on the rare chance they get a start

Our plan A is - find the big man early.
Our plan B is - find the afroscarecrow early.

We quite clearly have no alternative way of playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
What key role is fellaini playing?
He's a big part of the managers plans.
It's well documented.

Unread 25-05-2018, 04:37 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
He's a big part of the managers plans.
It's well documented.
If that was the case he’d have signed his contract months ago. Regardless of whether he signs a new contract now or not, United don’t let players who are ‘a big part of the manager’s plans’ get to within a few days of a contract ending.

Unread 25-05-2018, 05:04 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
absolute joke if true
Though given the thread starter, it most likely isn't.

Unread 25-05-2018, 05:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Would be a huge gamble given that even a few months into last season at West Ham he was getting slaughtered.

At least Mandzukic is proven. This lad hasn't had a great full season in ten years.

Unread 25-05-2018, 06:03 PM
My Name is Heath

Rather have Mandzukic than Arnautovic but the general idea (the need for a physical presence up from as back up for Lukaku) is a sound one imho.

I remember reading a ‘Mancagenent by 99 United’ book that said a key factor in success was the Blomqvist cover for Giggs, allowing us to retain our preferred shape when giggs was injured/rested.

Same here - treasure Lukaku and let one of the ‘ic’ guys take the slog in the FA Cup/Huddersfield/League Cup games.

Unread 25-05-2018, 07:15 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Mancagenent
He any good?

Unread 25-05-2018, 07:48 PM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
He any good?
Great on FIFA 18

Unread 25-05-2018, 09:06 PM
saffers

This would be an uber sagey signing.

Arners has been astonishing this season.

Unread 26-05-2018, 03:34 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
This would be an uber sagey signing.

Arners has been astonishing this season.
This is not the type of player we should be signing. First of all he’s not good enough, and second he’s got a horrible ‘up his own arse’ attitude. I might become full on Mou out if we go this route.

Unread 26-05-2018, 03:50 PM
holebottom

1 in 6 striker and a zlatan wannabe.

Unread 26-05-2018, 03:57 PM
Tiberian

Just going to be Utd's Loic Remy if it does happen, cup player mostly.

Mou dislikes rotating through the spine of the team, If Lukaku stays fit and in reasonable form he will likely start 45+ games next season. Also unlikely to change to a 2 up top set up, making a second high profile striker a non essential move. Very obvious what Mou's type is when it comes to strikers, physical types who can hold the ball up and play up top on their own.

Unread 26-05-2018, 05:34 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
so we have patience for the egomaniac in charge who bores us to tears on a weekly basis, but not 2 highly promising young Footballers who have hit a bump in the road?

Yes we should, which is why it depresses me to £#%&! that we have players like Lukaku & Fellaini playing such a key role in things.
Wait till we get this fella, did £#%&! all at Stoke and a couple of average games for West aarmm
Closed Thread