Closed Thread

Unread 28-09-2017, 11:48 AM
andyroo

NemONja Matic

Unread 28-09-2017, 01:27 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
True story, my mate dined off that advert for years - he wrote the music which Ariston used without permission (and were sued).

It was originally the music from Robocop on the C64
Are you sure sure about that? My information is that it was licenced as per normal.

Unread 28-09-2017, 02:15 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Are you sure sure about that? My information is that it was licenced as per normal.
Maybe he’s having us ON.

Unread 28-09-2017, 02:18 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Maybe he’s having us ON.
he's a wrong-ON

Unread 28-09-2017, 04:17 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
It was licensed from Ocean Software who published Robocop, but they didn't own the artistic rights to the music, the composer did.

Unread 28-09-2017, 04:18 PM
red in cumbria

Do please stop going ON about this, folks.

Unread 28-09-2017, 05:32 PM
rockored2

Theres ONly ONe BryON RobsON

Unread 28-09-2017, 09:00 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Liverpool game will be crucial. The first " big" game . If utd come through that, which im sure we will, then its on like saffron.

Liverpool have a shit, weak defence.. lukaku will destroy them he is built like mountain
We say this every season and every season we go there and play like pant shitters.

Even the game under Van Gaal which people drool over, we still nearly caved in against 10 @#%&!s in the second half.

Much as I really want us to take them to the cleaners on their own patch, there's no way it's going to happen.

Unread 28-09-2017, 09:02 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
We say this every season and every season we go there and play like pant shitters.

Even the game under Van Gaal which people drool over, we still nearly caved in against 10 c***s in the second half.

Much as I really want us to take them to the cleaners on their own patch, there's no way it's going to happen.
When was the last time we won there by more than a goal?

Even if our absolute pomp, it was rarely comfortable .

I remember a couple of 3-1s. That's about it.

Unread 28-09-2017, 11:20 PM
Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
When was the last time we won there by more than a goal?

Even if our absolute pomp, it was rarely comfortable .

I remember a couple of 3-1s. That's about it.
Thing that's quietly bothering me is, there've been times down the years when we've made a solid start to the season, then in October... BANG!

Newcastle 5-0, October 1996
Chelsea 5-0, October 1999
City 1-6, October 2011

Now I know it's irrational, different manager, different team, no logical correlation at all, but...

Solid start to the season, Liverpool at Anfield, first proper test, they'll come at us like screaming banshees...

Not seeing my arse but the buttock muscles are twitching a bit.

Edit:

Chelsea 4-0, October last season.

£#%&!

Unread 28-09-2017, 11:24 PM
red in cumbria

In both 1996 and 1999 we had some iffy dsplays in the run up to those games, though. Even if we didn't actually lose.

Its the 2011 parallel that bothers me more - but Liverpool aren't as good as ciddy, are they?

Unread 28-09-2017, 11:44 PM
stmfh

Thumbs down

Saturday 30 September, 3pm. Crystal Palace.

FFS, calm down.

Unread 29-09-2017, 10:00 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson
Thing that's quietly bothering me is, there've been times down the years when we've made a solid start to the season, then in October... BANG!

Newcastle 5-0, October 1996
Chelsea 5-0, October 1999
City 1-6, October 2011

Now I know it's irrational, different manager, different team, no logical correlation at all, but...

Solid start to the season, Liverpool at Anfield, first proper test, they'll come at us like screaming banshees...

Not seeing my arse but the buttock muscles are twitching a bit.

Edit:

Chelsea 4-0, October last season.

£#%&!
Two of those we won and the other we lost on goal difference. It didn't ruin everything.

As for last season we were hardly flying before the 4-0 at Chelsea.

Unread 29-09-2017, 10:15 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Two of those we won and the other we lost on goal difference. It didn't ruin everything.

As for last season we were hardly flying before the 4-0 at Chelsea.
Yeah, the danger signs were there way before the 4-0.

I'm not worried about the wheels coming off in the coming weeks, I'm more concerned with how we react if we're narrowly edged out in games.

Our confidence looks good, but has been notoriously brittle over the last couple of years. Jose said it himself early on: itll be interesting to see how we react when we go behind.

We've only been behind once and it resulted in our only dropped points so far.

Unread 29-09-2017, 10:17 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Yeah, the danger signs were there way before the 4-0.

I'm not worried about the wheels coming off in the coming weeks, I'm more concerned with how we react if we're narrowly edged out in games.

Our confidence looks good, but has been notoriously brittle over the last couple of years. Jose said it himself early on: itll be interesting to see how we react when we go behind.

We've only been behind once and it resulted in our only dropped points so far.
The fact that we dug it out at Southampton is particularly encouraging in that respect. That and the Leicester game we'd have drawn last year.

tl;dr MhkitaryON

Unread 29-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
The fact that we dug it out at Southampton is particularly encouraging in that respect. That and the Leicester game we'd have drawn last year.

tl;dr MhkitaryON
Yep. The big wins have been the highlight, but those two wins felt like a corner turned in terms of putting right some of the frustration of last year.

Unread 29-09-2017, 01:11 PM
Nelson

As great as he's been so far, I think the Anfield game is going to be when we'll see the maximum value of Matic's ability to break up attacks, protect the back four and play a safe pass out from the back third to a United shirt.

Think he'll be absolutely critical for that match and at the Bridge, Wembley and the Etihad.

Unread 29-09-2017, 02:11 PM
plopborsky

all this shite talk of the scouse game.
[SIZE="7"]
ON

is bigger than one game lads, the £#%&!ing state of the wet the beds all worried about past seasons. Its on, we see it, we taste it, we know it.

shootcrew4lyfe
Closed Thread