United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 23-02-2010, 12:45 AM
Spiffy

Default Rip up your tickets! Boycott is the only way to get rid of Glazers, says Keith Harris

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...th-Harris.html

Unread 23-02-2010, 07:42 AM
waynes ear's

bit hard to rip up a plastic card

Unread 23-02-2010, 10:10 AM
BarryX

they should make a one game trial period and see what happens. one home boycott is needed IMHO guvnor.

Unread 23-02-2010, 10:11 AM
BarryX

Picket lines could be erected and everything, and anyone breaking those lines called a scab.

Unread 23-02-2010, 10:28 AM
hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
they should make a one game trial period and see what happens. one home boycott is needed IMHO guvnor.
If you have a season ticket, they have your money already, but the symbolic gesture would have impact

like forza says though, everyone has their own opinion and doesn't like being preached to

Unread 23-02-2010, 10:38 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
like forza says though, everyone has their own opinion and doesn't like being preached to
The biggest problem is that those who don't like being preached to are on the whole the ones who need preaching to/ having their legs broken.

Unread 23-02-2010, 10:46 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
If you have a season ticket, they have your money already, but the symbolic gesture would have impact

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
The biggest problem is that those who don't like being preached to are on the whole the ones who need preaching to/ having their legs broken.
agree with both of these

people are shortly going to have to realise, if they are deadly serious about getting rid of the glazers it's not just buying a green and gold scarf that's going to do it

boycott was, and is, the one serious action that would lead to severe problems with the glazers.

if people aren't bothered about the ownership and don't want to boycott I have no issue with that, but anyone who has a green and gold scarf and renews.... it's not a stretch to call it hypocrisy, is it? I'm being careful with my words because 2 of my best mates have stretty season tickets and I can't see them giving them up, but at the same time they have to realise that's probably the only way to get the glazers out. It's also easier for me to take this position because at this moment in time I can't afford (and would not want) an ST.

We have to be careful not to turn this into holier than thou scenario again like FCUM became for some on both sides

Unread 23-02-2010, 10:52 AM
El Chalten

he's right. the only way to get rid of them is not to go.

simple as.

nft.

Unread 23-02-2010, 11:04 AM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chalten
he's right. the only way to get rid of them is not to go.

simple as.

nft.
No, the only way to get rid of them is to buy them out.

It's about time that Harris put a little meat on the bones of his proposal, at the moment its just smoke & mirrors.

Who exactly are these backers he has, do the really have the money or are they another Michael Knighton?

What are their plans, for the club how do they propose dealing the £500m Bond debt that the club is saddled with for the next 7 years?

Do they intend to reduce ticket prices who will be actually running the club?

Unread 23-02-2010, 11:28 AM
BarryX

Quote:

it's a difficult one, in the sense that everyone should remain together and act as one against the Glazers. For example it gets frustrating seeing non Green and Gold members (on mine/the pub's TV ) - surely every single match going Red knows about it and would want to keep it going

Of course boycotting a game would recieve major media attention - a global statement of intent, but will it attract enough members ??

Unread 23-02-2010, 11:46 AM
florentino ariza

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz

It's about time that Harris put a little meat on the bones of his proposal, at the moment its just smoke & mirrors.

Who exactly are these backers he has, do the really have the money or are they another Michael Knighton?

What are their plans, for the club how do they propose dealing the £500m Bond debt that the club is saddled with for the next 7 years?

indeed, i'm not saying this is true but a cynic could suggest that he asking fans to drive down the price for his anonymous Red Knights

Its a catch 22 for many people, what happens if they don't renew at the end of this season and one of 2 things happens

1. the glazers don't sell

2. they do sell and they won't be able to get their old tickets back

Its very difficult to demand sacrifice on a personal level for the long term greater good when going to games is for some people the highlight and escape from every day life. Its a very considered major annual investment for many and I'd suggest Harris might be able to expect a better response from fans with an explicit plan in place

Unread 23-02-2010, 11:53 AM
believe

My old mans** response when I told him about the idea. "Why the £#%&! would I not go/go in if i've paid for my ticket"

**also will be the response of 70000 others imo.

Unread 23-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Sullingtons

believe's old man is a glazier stooge.

Unread 23-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullingtons
so he likes window fitters. big deal.

Unread 23-02-2010, 12:21 PM
redloner

I'm with La Paz.

Harris should set out what he and his backers intend to do if they get the Glazers out.

Only then will the fans decide to back it, or sack it.

And rightly so...

Unread 23-02-2010, 12:23 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullingtons
Who? If you mean Glazer then I agree. But like I said there was on 3000ish strong enough to £#%&! it off first time round so I'd be very surprised to see more do it this time round.

Unread 23-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Spiffy

People who pay Glazer money have no right to pretend they are in any way helping get rid of him. If you're bank rolling his ownership of United he'll never leave. We were originally told there would be a "fight from within" and the boycotters shut the £#%&! up and let them get on with it. It's apparent that the fight from within mainly consisted of going to games and saying nothing bad about the Glazers.

I don't give a £#%&! who I offend, if people don't boycott now we may as well just accept that we will always be used to pay rich people money they don't need. The time for tiptoeing round the scabs is over. When it comes to Glazer it's back him or sack him time. Any alternative is better than Glazer so saying Harris has to come out with all his plans up front is a cowards way of saying you're looking for excuses not to boycott.

Unread 23-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz

first you have to make them want to sell. if you carry on going then this funds there business model - that means they don't need to sell

I honestly think you are a glazer plant on this forum . Your on here constantly you never seem to have a bad word to say about em .

Unread 23-02-2010, 01:38 PM
florentino ariza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
People who pay Glazer money have no right to pretend they are in any way helping get rid of him. If you're bank rolling his ownership of United he'll never leave. We were originally told there would be a "fight from within" and the boycotters shut the £#%&! up and let them get on with it. It's apparent that the fight from within mainly consisted of going to games and saying nothing bad about the Glazers.

I don't give a £#%&! who I offend, if people don't boycott now we may as well just accept that we will always be used to pay rich people money they don't need. The time for tiptoeing round the scabs is over. When it comes to Glazer it's back him or sack him time. Any alternative is better than Glazer so saying Harris has to come out with all his plans up front is a cowards way of saying you're looking for excuses not to boycott.
not at all

i will openly tell you i'm probably not boycotting

terms like 'scabs' etc is exactly the sort of mightier than thou @#%&!slop that makes people indifferent as you judge and condemn them

make a reasoned argument and allow people to decide for themselves. This may shock you but the club is not absolute number 1 priority for a lot of people

Unread 23-02-2010, 01:40 PM
armchair

The only point of these protests is to lower the sale price. The fans are still being used just by different people but it's all about money.