United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 24-01-2010, 02:07 PM
rafabio

Default Supporters part of bond investors?

Do we have a list of people who have been granted bonds?

Are there any supporters part of it? Did MUST look at this as an option?

Because if glazers go down (preferrably) or the club goes under (god forbid) effectively these bond investors will have a big control of the club.

At least that's what I believe

Unread 24-01-2010, 02:14 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
Do we have a list of people who have been granted bonds?

Are there any supporters part of it? Did MUST look at this as an option?

Because if glazers go down (preferrably) or the club goes under (god forbid) effectively these bond investors will have a big control of the club.

At least that's what I believe
At £50000 a pop I doubt that any supporters have had a dabble.

They will have been sold to city institutions, pension companies etc.

Like it or not (& obviously none of us do) the Glazers are in a strong position & they are not stupid so that is unlikely to change in the future.

Unread 24-01-2010, 02:42 PM
rafabio

I wasn't mainly referring to individual supports but more of a union. Isn't the long term objective of MUST to own the club anyway? It has nearly 40000 members, even 100pounds per supporter would have been 4m pounds.

Unread 24-01-2010, 02:45 PM
florentino ariza

Quote:
I wasn't mainly referring to individual supports but more of a union. Isn't the long term objective of MUST to own the club anyway? It has nearly 40000 members, even 100pounds per supporter would have been 4m pounds.
yes, thats exactly how the world works

Unread 24-01-2010, 02:54 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by florentino ariza
yes, thats exactly how the world works
a very naive world may be

Unread 24-01-2010, 02:57 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Being a bit flippant but I doubt that every MUST member would stup up £100 and even if they did £4m is a drop in the ocean when we are talking about owning the club as the Bonds aren't going to give the holders any say in what happens at United.

I really can't ever see a supporters group getting control of the club unless it goes to the wall & nobody better financed than them isn't interested, which in reality isn't likely to happen.

The Glazers aren't stupid & they will keep the club in good enough shape to enable them to suck out millions over a long period rather than suck it dry in the short term.

Unread 24-01-2010, 02:59 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
Being a bit flippant but I doubt that every MUST member would stup up £100 and even if they did £4m is a drop in the ocean when we are talking about owning the club as the Bonds aren't going to give the holders any say in what happens at United.

I really can't ever see a supporters group getting control of the club unless it goes to the wall & nobody better financed than them isn't interested, which in reality isn't likely to happen.

The Glazers aren't stupid & they will keep the club in good enough shape to enable them to suck out millions over a long period rather than suck it dry in the short term.
Agreed. Like any buisness, they won't strip the lively hood of the business that is playing staff. They will maintain it as much as is needed ( top 4 place?? )

Unread 24-01-2010, 03:13 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Agreed. Like any buisness, they won't strip the lively hood of the business that is playing staff. They will maintain it as much as is needed ( top 4 place?? )
Yes, CL each year will keep them in business.

Over the last 5 years we've bought players but the net spend has been quite small.

Next summer I'd expect us to sign a few players but most will be financed by outgoing transfers, Vidic, Nani & Anderson.

Unread 27-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Buying bonds doesn't buy you any part of the club.

It's not like buying shares in the club - all you do is lend them the money, and they promise to pay it back on a set date, with annual interest.

If the club goes bust, you lose your money.

Unread 27-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Withers

There are only about 50 investors, investing an average of £10 million each.

Unread 28-01-2010, 02:37 PM
borsuk

Quote:
fingers crossed