United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 08-12-2015, 11:35 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
PSV and Wolfsburg were probably the games we played the best football of the campaign. And we lost them both

It was a bit of a train wreck all round but the PSV home game is the most galling.
We deserved something out of tonight, felt for some of those young lads who worked there %@#$&!s off but the damage was already done.

Moscow away was the key game, they were bang average and at 1-1 they settled for a point, unacceptable.

Unread 08-12-2015, 11:36 PM
jem

there was no key game. we underperformed throughout and never looked convincing midfield. soz. that's why you have to win the games that aren't must win.

Unread 08-12-2015, 11:37 PM
Coracao

Januzaj looked very promising in his first season. To suggest otherwise is just daft.

Unread 08-12-2015, 11:38 PM
ZiggyStardust

A shambles all round really

At least it was better to watch going forward than most of our matches this season but we got taken to the cleaners at the back

Some of LvG's decisions tonight were absolutely bizarre
Starting with Fellaini and Basti as a midfield 2 was baffling however that was nothing compared to one of the most ludicrous subs I've ever seen
Losing a game we probably need to win LvG decides it's time to take off Mata and bring on Nick £#%&!ing Powell

Embarrassing to finish behind PSV considering the difference in resources between the clubs and after signing their best player in the summer

The harsh reality is we are a desperately ordinary team. Half way through his contract this is nowhere near good enough from LvG

Credit to Borthwick-Jackson, I thought he was really good when he came on

Unread 08-12-2015, 11:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Januzaj looked very promising in his first season. To suggest otherwise is just daft.
He did. Which made it all the more galling how crap he was last campaign.

Unread 08-12-2015, 11:39 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

decline, fall, get up, transition. Thank your lucky stars we are not lining up against barca or munchen.

Unread 08-12-2015, 11:39 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
there was no key game. we underperformed throughout and never looked convincing midfield. soz. that's why you have to win the games that aren't must win.
Erm, no. That's not true. The key game was PSV. Win that and we are through with a game to spare. Draw it and we have to win in Wolfsburg. That's more or less a polar opposite scenario based on one goal.

That seems darn 'key' to me.

Unread 08-12-2015, 11:40 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Erm, no. That's not true. The key game was PSV. Win that and we are through with a game to spare. Draw it and we have to win in Wolfsburg. That's more or less a polar opposite scenario based on one goal.

A must win, you might say

Unread 08-12-2015, 11:43 PM
saffers

Joint worst in this shocking group along with cska £#%&!ing moscow and you have some loons trying to defend him. Goodness me.

Must win game and he starts Fellaini over Carrick. Sums him right up.

Dont even wanna waste anymore words on him, he is soon finished. Another significant chunk of the base will have turned on him tonight. Hopefully the end is near.

Unread 08-12-2015, 11:44 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:

Even if we won that, would you fancy utd in the next round, hoping to avoid all the good teams. This should be the end of the delusion and reality would say we have a long way to go.

Unread 08-12-2015, 11:44 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
A must win, you might say
The "this isnt must win" lads must be feeling extra smug tonight. #headsgone

Unread 08-12-2015, 11:45 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Joint worst in this shocking group along with cska £#%&!ing moscow and you have some loons trying to defend him. Goodness me.

Dont even wanna waste anymore words on him, he is soon finished. Another significant chunk of the base will have turned on him tonight. Hopefully the end is near.
Nope. The end isn't near. New deal in the summer

Unread 08-12-2015, 11:45 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Even if we won that, would you fancy utd in the next round, hoping to avoid all the good teams. This should be the end of the delusion and reality would say we have a long way to go.
So we should accept a complete and utter failure in europe on the off chance we might draw Barca or Bayern? Sounds as ambitious as van gaals football, that.

The depths to which his fanboys will sink....wtf.

Unread 08-12-2015, 11:46 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
I wasn't making any point whatsoever in my post about our potential knock out phase prospects.

Unread 08-12-2015, 11:46 PM
Crumps

Quote:
So we should accept a complete and utter failure in europe on the off chance we might draw Barca or Bayern? Sounds as ambitious as van gaals football, that.

The depths to which his fanboys will sink....wtf.
Flood damaged divans all over the shop.

Unread 08-12-2015, 11:47 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Nope. The end isn't near. New deal in the summer
Weird how you used to be the doomiest guy yet you're completely in the tank for this utterly miserable failure. Must have just been a decision from the offset to get behind him and ignore future events/facts. Good for you dunk.

He won't be getting a new contract. The end IS near. Movements already happening whether you like it or not. Big Carletto mocking him in the papers on the day van gaal humiliated himself further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Flood damaged divans all over the shop.
I am literally drunk off my own piss pal.

Its over. Europa league after this group. wtf

Unread 08-12-2015, 11:48 PM
King Eric

We should have qualified easily from this group, but tbh we are only good enough for the Europa league and it's unlikely we will even get to the semis in that. Three or four real quality additions in the summer and we will be ready again to fight and win top honours.

Unread 08-12-2015, 11:50 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:

We weren't joint worst.

We were third. There were four teams in total.

We finished third on the basis that we had more points than Moscow.

I must say, I'm pleased UEFA don't determine their league placings as haphazardly as you do or they'd experience serious problems determining who'd qualify.

Having said that, we'd also have a strong case after tonight's round of games that we had in fact gone through

Unread 08-12-2015, 11:51 PM
saffers

Quote:
We weren't joint worst.

We were third. There were four teams in total.

We finished third on the basis that we had more points than Moscow.

I must say, I'm pleased UEFA don't determine their league placings as haphazardly as you do or they'd experience serious problems determining who'd qualify.

In fact, by your logic, shouldn't you think we're through? ....
Did you watch both games v cska? We probably should have lost in moscow, got lucky as £#%&! to win at home. There wasn't much between the teams. In fact some would argue CSKA deserved more out of both games than us. CSKA!

Unread 08-12-2015, 11:51 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Weird how you used to be the doomiest guy yet you're completely in the tank for this utterly miserable failure. Must have just been a decision from the offset to get behind him and ignore future events/facts. Good for you dunk.

He won't be getting a new contract. The end IS near. Movements already happening whether you like it or not. Big Carletto mocking him in the papers on the day van gaal humiliated himself further.

I am literally drunk off my own piss pal.

Its over. Europa league after this group. wtf
Not at all. He has been given a task, clear the decks, get a new and youthful group of players in and get the club back in the CL. He's doing everything asked of him and is suffering the ire of the bewildered, such as yourself, who demand instant results with no clue as to how they are achieved whilst turning over the entire playing staff.

He'll be here until 2017 at the very least.