United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-11-2008, 11:33 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
who does? not me. stop getting bogged down in media bullshit. i will never fell the same about ronaldo after this summer but when he's trying in the shirt i'm right behind him. Ronny was given the treatment tonight but it is up to the refs to deal with this, we as fans can only sit and watch.

I think you are wrong re 'serial offender', i've seen enough over the past 4 years to make those two incomparable in terms of diving.

Rooney will be aroung chasing down lost causes for us long after ronny is off underachieving at Real.

Football is a £#%&!ing rip off but i pay to watch Rooney and will do for a little while yet.
It's not the media only, people on here too, even tonight.

And i'm not wrong regardig serial offender, Rooney dives every game, the reason most of them go under the radar are because of his nationality and playing style. People imagine him to be hard, it's a bit like Vida who acts like a bit of a fanny whenever he's touched, although doesn't feign fouls to the degree of Rooney.

Both not comparable? In terms of footballing ability, you'd be spot on. But in terms of diving there isn't too much in it, if Rooney was as marked as Ronaldo you'd notice it more.

PS. This isn't just this season, after Ronaldo's show this summer....this went on last season too when Ronaldo was on his way to 42 goals. I lost respect for ROnaldo myself, but it kinda wakes you up. Footballers are just assets, and if you consider stuff outside of football, its hardly that big a shock that he wanted the move at first, hed won everything at united, been there for over 5 years, coulda lived closer to his mother. There is a world outside of United, actually.

We overestimate ourselves sometimes, this summer was a bit of a reality check on so many levels. As for Rooney, this guy paraded a 'once a blue, always a blue' t shirt and professed loyalty only to stab his club in the back, his boy hood club may I add.

Unread 25-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf

And i'm not wrong regardig serial offender, Rooney dives every game, the reason most of them go under the radar are because of his nationality and playing style. People imagine him to be hard, it's a bit like Vida who acts like a bit of a fanny whenever he's touched, although doesn't feign fouls to the degree of Rooney.

Both not comparable? In terms of footballing ability, you'd be spot on. But in terms of diving there isn't too much in it, if Rooney was as marked as Ronaldo you'd notice it more.

PS. This isn't just this season, after Ronaldo's show this summer....this went on last season too when Ronaldo was on his way to 42 goals. I lost respect for ROnaldo myself, but it kinda wakes you up. Footballers are just assets, and if you consider stuff outside of football, its hardly that big a shock that he wanted the move at first, hed won everything at united, been there for over 5 years, coulda lived closer to his mother. There is a world outside of United, actually.

We overestimate ourselves sometimes, this summer was a bit of a reality check on so many levels. As for Rooney, this guy paraded a 'once a blue, always a blue' t shirt and professed loyalty only to stab his club in the back, his boy hood club may I add.
We are the biggest club in the world, European Champions and Champions of the best and most lucrative football league in the world. If anything, we're underestimated.

Unread 25-11-2008, 11:45 PM
Smeggs

Quote:

sorry SAF, if you were spouting that boring shite in my block i'd £#%&!in spark you, you seem to have a very definite agenda with nationality. i don't judge united players on where they were born, united are united, madeira or croxteth, moss side or buenos aires.

it may offend you horrifically but i enjoy watching Rooney more than Ronaldo. not on telly like but actually the at ground i'm talking about.

Unread 25-11-2008, 11:49 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
mjramone will defend it like andy gray does gerrard.
personally i loved the way the english commentators say 'he dived' when referring to ronaldo but 'he is trying to con the ref' when referring to a english player
i dunno. tyldsley gave the most limp-wristed condemnation of ronaldo tonight. tried to criticise him but couldn't bring himself to do it. "ooh, well, you just look at the way he reacts sometimes to tackles and...you know, he is a target for opposition players and you see the challenge, and, well, he does go down and writhes in agony......but he is BRILLIANT, he is BRILLIANT."

top red.

Unread 25-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Red Caz

Oh for £#%&!s sake

All footballers will take a dive at some point.

Rooney is no different to Ronaldo, Gerrard, Torres or anyone else in this respect. I have purposely included our two worst culprits in that sentence to show I recognise we do it too.

It didn't pay off and he looked a bit silly.

It happens to them all.

Stop being so stupid.

Unread 26-11-2008, 12:00 AM
Red Caz

Quote:
It. People imagine him to be hard, it's a bit like Vida who acts like a bit of a fanny whenever he's touched, although doesn't feign fouls to the degree of Rooney.

You are one atrocious gobshite.

Seriously what team do you support? It must be City because you have far more vitriol towards Man Utd than I do

Unread 26-11-2008, 12:01 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Caz
You are one atrocious gobshite.

Seriously what team do you support? It must be City because you have far more vitriol towards Man Utd than I do
You're a closet United fan. You just can't bring yourself to admit it. Everyone on here knows it too.

Unread 26-11-2008, 12:03 AM
Red Caz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
You're a closet United fan. You just can't bring yourself to admit it. Everyone on here knows it too.
There's no need for that.

I just saw some of your game tonight and Legendary SAF is the ultimate anti-United fan.

Unread 26-11-2008, 12:10 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
There's no need for that.

I just saw some of your game tonight and Legendary SAF is the ultimate anti-United fan.
Oh come on, admit it. There's nothing to be ashamed of. In the 80's when you were in Europe, I used to hope Liverpool did well. I've learnt since then but with our style of football, do you not secretly hope we beat teams like Villareal?

Unread 26-11-2008, 12:15 AM
Red Caz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Oh come on, admit it. There's nothing to be ashamed of. In the 80's when you were in Europe, I used to hope Liverpool did well. I've learnt since then but with our style of football, do you not secretly hope we beat teams like Villareal?

Not even a tiny small bit.

Unread 26-11-2008, 12:24 AM
Crumps

Default You serve no purpose

Quote:
I wonder if the reds who feel ashamed whenever Ronaldo hits the deck felt ashamed at Rooney's grotesque efforts tonight.

English players never dive do they!
Eat shit, die, leave us alone and support your mam.

What a bloody @#%&!.

Unread 26-11-2008, 12:26 AM
The Mull

Quote:
See I thought he went down in anticipation of the challenge.

Which footballers, like em or loathe em, do.
T'was one or t'other. I don't think Wazza is a diver.

Has Stig gone to the game Caz?

Unread 26-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Red Caz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
T'was one or t'other. I don't think Wazza is a diver.

Has Stig gone to the game Caz?

Nah he is one of the chubbed massive. He's decorating instead.

As for Rooney, he's a professional footballer. Sometimes it's the way they roll. Like it or lump it, it's part of the game these days.

Unread 26-11-2008, 12:52 AM
The Mull

Quote:
Nah he is one of the chubbed massive. He's decorating instead.

As for Rooney, he's a professional footballer. Sometimes it's the way they roll. Like it or lump it, it's part of the game these days.
Just made me laugh, don't tell him though

Unread 26-11-2008, 12:58 AM
Red Caz

Quote:
Just made me laugh, don't tell him though
I won't. This whole public 4wum thing may impede you though

Unread 26-11-2008, 12:59 AM
The Mull

Quote:
I won't. This whole public 4wum thing may impede you though
Thanks, won't sleep for weeks now

Unread 26-11-2008, 01:01 AM
Red Caz

Quote:
Thanks, won't sleep for weeks now

I will let you into his Samson-esque weakness later

Unread 26-11-2008, 02:54 AM
eddie_red

Default Rooney says sorry for 'out of character' penalty dive

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...mpions-league1

Unread 26-11-2008, 04:06 AM
keano's love

I wanted to break my tv when rooney dived. then suddenly picture switched to ronaldo. I consoled myself and dropped the vase in my hand.

Unread 26-11-2008, 08:13 AM
Hopskipjump

Don't like seeing him do it but he was superb esp in the 2nd half, we should of won that last night
Closed Thread