United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-05-2017, 05:56 PM
Clarkie

City 5-0 game in 1994
Eric's return (My father made it some sort of family event ffs )
Giggs against Juve in 96 & 97
Ole against the scouse in 99
Spurs game in 99 (Been to many games but, the tension and emotions that day were off the chart )
CL finals in 99 and 08 obviously
Arsenal in the cup in 99
Villa in the cup in 2001
Newcastle 6-2
The 7-1
Macheda
The 3 late winners against City in 09/10

Unread 09-05-2017, 06:02 PM
AK14

Cup winners cup final
94 Fa Cup final
5-0 against City Kanchelskis hat trick
Games v Barca CL group stages 98/99
Fa cup 2-1 v Liverpool 99
99 CL final (all time favourite)
Rooney v Fenerbahce
4-2 v Arsenal 2005
Most of the 2006/2007 season tbh
08 Semi second leg
2008 CL final
Enjoyed much of the 2012/2013 season especially the day we won the league.... RvP
Juanfield
Arsenal win last season with a bunch of kids
Cup final last season

Great thread BTW

Unread 09-05-2017, 06:16 PM
Red Santos

As a kid just remember being really happy when United won the F.A cup in 1990 my ‘first’ cup as a United fan.

The whole 1998/99 Treble season basically. I was 18/19 years old no responsibilities those £#%&!ing carefree days. Glad I was at an age to really immerse and savour every moment.. What a ride! Exhilarating season to the very last minute!

Favourite goals: Ronaldo header vs Roma (a) 2008. Rooney bicycle vs City (h) 2011

Unread 09-05-2017, 07:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
could have sworn it was 3-3

i remember watching it at my gran's and throwing the piece of medeira cake i was eating (along with the plate) up in the air when we scored
Are you perhaps thinking of the original SF with Oldham in the 1989/90 season, which did indeed finish 3-3?

Unread 09-05-2017, 07:45 PM
Chris Quayd

Sparky goal v Oldham '94 (first goon)
2-2 against Barca
Keane at Maine Road
Eric header v Blackburn
4-2 cup win against city (knew we were gona win when I spotted a St Valentine day massacre flag in their end )
Beating Chelsea in 94 for the double
Everton 4-2, one of my favourite away days
Entire 98-99 season
Destroying the great AC Milan in 2010
Juanfield
Lingard FA Cup winner
6-1 v Arsenal
Season of injury time wins v city
4-0 v Liverpool
Scholes v Newcastle in the 6-2
@#%&!ting Arsenal away in the CL semis
Fletcher FA Cup semi goal
Barnsley league cup, best away atmosphere for my money
Storming megastore in Glazer protest pre-match then ending Arsenal's unbeaten run
Ewood 2011

So many I've missed out, been a hell of a toboggan ride

Unread 09-05-2017, 07:47 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

One that always goes out under the radar was the new years day 89 game against Liverpool. 3 goals in about 5 minutes. I was 10 years old stood on the stretty and I had already been going regularly for 4 seasons but I never thought I'd see and hear a noise like that ever again. Thankfully I did many many times over.

United

Unread 09-05-2017, 07:54 PM
Tiberian

Utd 3-Juve 2 in 97?. Felt like the moment Utd announced themselves as a coming force in Europe.
City 2-Utd 3 in 94, specifically the beautiful Giggs pass to Eric at the back post to make it 2-2.
The 2-2 and 2-4 away to Arsenal. Loved that rivalry, can't remember any other domestic matches with comparable tension.
So many memories of Giggs at his best, not even play that led to goals, just moments of incomparable beauty that flash back into my mind.
Cole and Yorke at the Nou Camp, hilariously good, topped off by perhaps my favourite Utd goal ever.

Unread 09-05-2017, 08:01 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
One that always goes out under the radar was the new years day 89 game against Liverpool. 3 goals in about 5 minutes. I was 10 years old stood on the stretty and I had already been going regularly for 4 seasons but I never thought I'd see and hear a noise like that ever again. Thankfully I did many many times over.

United
Ah yes, the day when "Fergie's Fledglings" became a thing.

Unread 09-05-2017, 08:04 PM
NegativeNorris

The 7-1 v Roma was something special. The quality of the goals that night was incredible. Even Roma's goal was outstanding.

The Solskjaer 90th minute winner against the scousers in 99'.

Cantona's late goal in the FA Cup final against the scousers in 96? Those £#%&!ing suits those tramps were wearing ffs!

Unread 09-05-2017, 08:14 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
As a kid just remember being really happy when United won the F.A cup in 1990 my ‘first’ cup as a United fan.

The whole 1998/99 Treble season basically. I was 18/19 years old no responsibilities those £#%&!ing carefree days. Glad I was at an age to really immerse and savour every moment.. What a ride! Exhilarating season to the very last minute!

Favourite goals: Ronaldo header vs Roma (a) 2008. Rooney bicycle vs City (h) 2011
That ronaldo header was awesome! Ball was dinked in , he wasnt in the screen and he comes flying out of nowhere! Taking a clattering in the process
Ronaldo gets alot of stick acting like a fanny but truth be told when it comes to football he always gives 110%

Unread 09-05-2017, 08:16 PM
Pop

Barca 99. The night I decided to become a Man U fan

Unread 09-05-2017, 08:28 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Obviously a lot of what has already been mentioned but another one that I'll never forget is the '83 FA cup semi-final v Arsenal at Villa Park. Seventeen years old, my first FA cup semi-final and mental both before and after the game

Unread 09-05-2017, 08:31 PM
The taste of...

Default do for us...

I can't to this day get over the fact we were the first club to do the Treble

It's just what United do to us though

Which probably means after watching us through Div 2 and losing in 76 to Southampton, beating the vermin in 77 to win the cup and stop them doing it is oh so favourite.

The Treble - 22 years in the making.

£#%&! that could be a banner....

Unread 09-05-2017, 08:37 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
I can't to this day get over the fact we were the first club to do the Treble
it was the most unforgettable, surreal, once in a £#%&!ing lifetime experience that any Football fan could live through.
It was relentless.
Huge game after huge game.
Every hurdle cleared thanks to amazing goals, late goals, the toughest possible opposition possible etc..

Nobody will ever manage it again...& even if they do it won't be half as £#%&!ing good.

I remember coming back from Wembley in 96 after Erics late winner against the scousers & saying "it'll never get any better than this" ..3 years later ffs

Unread 09-05-2017, 08:44 PM
Sparky***

Unread 09-05-2017, 09:01 PM
TheFatGoth

Moyes getting sacked.

Not even joking.

Unread 09-05-2017, 09:05 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Moyes getting sacked.

Not even joking.
Yeah, tbf I too was pretty £#%&!ing happy that day.

Unread 09-05-2017, 10:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

loads

but rotterdam and 77 easily make me the most happy to think about.

doubt didsbury and deansgate 99 will ever be topped for celebrations though

Unread 09-05-2017, 10:51 PM
otbarney

99 FA cup semi final replay, best game I've ever seen live.

Unread 10-05-2017, 02:14 AM
rubbernecker

Second Division.Doc's Red Army.Mongol Hordes.First full season.Non stop moments

Hunting for and finally getting the last token needed for Wembley 76.A load of coloured marker pens later,a tidied up token sheet and quick trot to the PO to send off with a postal order.Smugness and joy in equal measure.Felt like we were getting back to the big time Alas didn't realise we'd have another 16 years to wait

Steve Bruce's winner against Wednesday.I was sat under a ceiling fan when he equalised.Jumped straight up and £#%&!ed one of my fingers.Gave it an icebath and £#%&!ed another one when he scored the winner.Knew then it was finally on

'Manchester United never lose, they just run out of time'

Steve McClaren

Was a pretty £#%&!ing special period
Closed Thread