United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-05-2017, 01:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
all the obvious ones, but two of the biggest goons i've had have been hughes' equaliser against oldham to make it 3-3 in the semi-final of the fa cup in 94, and bruce's winner v sheffield wednesday in 1993. the cheer for that goal was as loud as i've ever heard.
Good shouts..

Was on the phone to my mate when Bruce's header went in, listening on the radio We had both been gutted and were plotting on going to the local field to kick a ball about and put it right

Unread 09-05-2017, 01:50 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
the whole of the ECWC run 90/91.
whiteside in 85

99 will never be repeated

good shout with that Norwich game in 93, however, Villa away at the beginning of the 93/94 season? mental game. that team just smashed everybody.

2 andy goram's.

good shout that.
Sharpie got 2.
Black kit
Great game.

didn't we win 1-2 there in the League the following season as well? Similar end to end game. Think Kanchelskis scored

Quote:
all the obvious ones, but two of the biggest goons i've had have been hughes' equaliser against oldham to make it 3-3 in the semi-final of the fa cup in 94, and bruce's winner v sheffield wednesday in 1993. the cheer for that goal was as loud as i've ever heard.
this.
(except it was 1-1 )

amazing

Unread 09-05-2017, 01:53 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Good shouts..

Was on the phone to my mate when Bruce's header went in, listening on the radio We had both been gutted and were plotting on going to the local field to kick a ball about and put it right
happy days

i think it means more when you're younger. i can't imagine getting that excited by a goal again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
good shout that.
Sharpie got 2.
Black kit
Great game.

didn't we win 1-2 there in the League the following season as well? Similar end to end game. Think Kanchelskis scored

this.
(except it was 1-1 )

amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE_qodI3WOY

could have sworn it was 3-3

i remember watching it at my gran's and throwing the piece of medeira cake i was eating (along with the plate) up in the air when we scored

Unread 09-05-2017, 01:56 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
happy days

i think it means more when you're younger. i can't imagine getting that excited by a goal again.
of course mate, but I also think we over analyse stuff these days too.
That Hughesie goal against Oldham, I have no recollection of how any particular player played. How many successful passes they completed or what their heatzone stats were. I just remember coming out of Wembley with my Dad & buzzing like a @#%&!.

Unread 09-05-2017, 01:57 PM
Child of Darkness

Was working for the Bruce 7 mins injury time winner . Lingering by the works van listening to Piccadilly radio was it ??

Unread 09-05-2017, 02:02 PM
Ethers

Rotterdam 91 for me.

I vaguely remember us winning the cup the season before, but can't really recall many of the matches.

Can still remember every game from that CWC run. Was absolutely buzzing leading up to the final. What a game.

Still got a copy of it recorded off the telly on VHS. Watched it dozens of times as a kid

Unread 09-05-2017, 02:03 PM
believe

Should change the thread title to Uniteds best games.

Still livid about missing the sheff wed game. We flew in from Mallorca that day and old man didn't think we'd have enough time to make the game so gave our tickets to a friend. Was in Manchester airport two hours before kick off and listened to the entire game on the radio at home.

Unread 09-05-2017, 02:16 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Rotterdam 91 for me.

I vaguely remember us winning the cup the season before, but can't really recall many of the matches.

Can still remember every game from that CWC run. Was absolutely buzzing leading up to the final. What a game.

Still got a copy of it recorded off the telly on VHS. Watched it dozens of times as a kid
You mean it wasn't finishing 2nd in the league in 1992?

Unread 09-05-2017, 02:22 PM
ryanMUFC

26/5/99 was obviously unforgettable but I was 7, so I probably didn't appreciate it as much as what I should have.

Roma 7-1, The Milan game at home 3-2?, Barcelona at home, the Macheda goal....2 top seasons.

Unread 09-05-2017, 02:27 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Went £#%&!ing bananas for Mark Robins' winner in the Semi Replay v Oldham, still one of my favourite goals to this day

Unread 09-05-2017, 02:30 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Went £#%&!ing bananas for Mark Robins' winner in the Semi Replay v Oldham, still one of my favourite goals to this day
the pass was slightly behind him iirc & he scuffed/passed it into the far corner
I don't remember our other goal in that one ..I remember Ritchie scoring for them.

Unread 09-05-2017, 02:30 PM
Sapien

FA Cup Semi replay vs Arsenal 99. Nerve shredding intensity, highs and lows, that goal, and the confirmation of the sense of inevitability about what was going to happen that season.

Unread 09-05-2017, 02:31 PM
sa7

Gone for ones where I've been there in person, no particular order

- Machedaaaaaaa (beyond bedlam)
- Owen vs City (little @#%&!)
- Barcelona 08 (nearly died of stress)
- Roma 07 (just )
- Wazzoh debut/Newcastle volley/bicycle kick
- Pummeling shit out of AC Milan
- Red flare at City in LC Semis (pissed perfectly on the Blue Moon nonsense)
- Beating The "Invincibles" at Villa Park in 04. Their players looked ready to kill
- Away day piss ups too numerous to mention and too hazy to recollect

Unread 09-05-2017, 02:32 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
the pass was slightly behind him iirc & he scuffed/passed it into the far corner
I don't remember our other goal in that one ..I remember Ritchie scoring for them.
Back across Haworth (?), right next to the post, placed. £#%&!ing great finish

This is the thing with the league position v trophy argument, it's about moments.. Unless you're winning the league, there aren't many 'moments' on the way to scraping 4th.. If we win the EL there will have been a 'moment' or 2 along the way..

Unread 09-05-2017, 02:34 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Quote:
Back across Haworth (?), right next to the post, placed. £#%&!ing great finish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTKiAVtUr-8
yep, seeing it again it was tbf

Quote:
This is the thing with the league position v trophy argument, it's about moments.. Unless you're winning the league, there aren't many 'moments' on the way to scraping 4th.. If we win the EL there will have been a 'moment' or 2 along the way..
I completely agree.

Winning the FA Cup last season (for example) was one of my favourite United 'moments' for years.
White kit against Palace. Nostalgic as £#%&!

Far better than 'finishing 4th' the season before.

It's why I always get pissy when Lingard gets slagged off.
Unforgettable strike from the kid.

Unread 09-05-2017, 02:43 PM
dragflick

Quote:

I completely agree.

Winning the FA Cup last season (for example) was one of my favourite United 'moments' for years.
White kit against Palace. Nostalgic as £#%&!

Far better than 'finishing 4th' the season before.

It's why I always get pissy when Lingard gets slagged off.
Unforgettable strike from the kid.
Yep. Cup runs are £#%&!ing great. The Martial and Lingard goons in Wembley from last season are up there with the best tbh. Proper memories

Unread 09-05-2017, 02:43 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
You mean it wasn't finishing 2nd in the league in 1992?
Are you comparing winning our first European trophy for over 20 years, as the first English club back in Europe after Heysel, to one of the most expensive squads ever settling for the Europa League?

£#%&! off

Just trying to remember what happened the season after we finished second though. Escapes me, pretty sure it was decent though.

Unread 09-05-2017, 02:49 PM
Mr Kaboom

Jimmy Greenhoff's goal to beat the scousers in the '79 semi at Goodison.

4 mins 33 sec

Beating them in the replay at Maine Road in '85.

Utterly vicious atmosphere's contributing to the enjoyment

Unread 09-05-2017, 02:58 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Are you comparing winning our first European trophy for over 20 years, as the first English club back in Europe after Heysel, to one of the most expensive squads ever settling for the Europa League?

£#%&! off

Just trying to remember what happened the season after we finished second though. Escapes me, pretty sure it was decent though.

Unread 09-05-2017, 05:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
The Blackburn day in 93 without any question. I can't think of a single moment in my life since when i was so happy.
Lifted me out of depression. Well, maybe not quite but I am happy to believe it was a significant factor
Closed Thread