United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-01-2017, 08:51 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
you're a mess.

£#%&!ing nurses doing 40yrs service and getting a pittance of a pension .
comparing football culture to the NHS

and i'm a mess

I don't give a shit about the hamper....but we cant find one free seat in a 75,000 seater stadium for an ex manager, a couple of times a year ? ...really ?

yeah ...its EXACTLY the same as a nurse working in a hospital

Unread 03-01-2017, 08:54 PM
Denis Irwell

Not exactly a pittance, either.

Know a nurse retiring from Christies this year. Wouldn't mind her pension.

Unread 03-01-2017, 08:54 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless

and i'm a mess

I don't give a shit about the hamper....but we cant find one free seat in a 75,000 seater stadium for an ex manager, a couple of times a year ? ...really ?

you dick - are you that absorbed in your poxy world that you don't see the crassness of your point of view?

do you think "The Doc" is your mate - do you think when you got to OT and you doorstop the players they give a £#%&! about you? you're one of them? i'm Man United me??

it's a £#%&!ing business with all the morals of a £#%&!ing Vietnamese sweatshop...

take off your piss stained PJs and have a shower, you live an empty life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Not exactly a pittance, either.

Know a nurse retiring from Christies this year. Wouldn't mind her pension.
get off the internet and do something with your life - you sound bitter.

you and lawless should form an over 60s alliance and convene it on beachy head.

Unread 03-01-2017, 08:59 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
you dick - are you that absorbed in your poxy world that you don't see the crassness of your point of view?

do you think "The Doc" is your mate - do you think when you got to OT and you doorstop the players they give a £#%&! about you? you're one of them? i'm Man United me??

it's a £#%&!ing business with all the morals of a £#%&!ing Vietnamese sweatshop...

gawd, youre an angry, confused little man aren't you

Unread 03-01-2017, 09:02 PM
elhombre

Quote:

Unread 03-01-2017, 09:03 PM
75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
I've heard Paddy Crerand on tele say this fellas a lying c***, or words to that effect.
That's right. PC said he lied about George Best.

At the time, I loved The Doc, loved the footy. Thought we were ready to build something with that team.

Rose tinted glasses off 40 years later, he does seem like a bit of a c***. Didn't he say he wished he'd not given up the Scotland job for us?

Unread 03-01-2017, 09:07 PM
92ToBury

Unread 03-01-2017, 09:08 PM
thatsfuctit

Unread 03-01-2017, 09:09 PM
believe

Didn't he spend most of the 90's slagging Ferguson off? I actually remember a documentary, might even have been Ferguson's video, when he says "it's no secret I don't like the man but yeah he's done alright" :£#%&!er:

Unread 03-01-2017, 09:13 PM
Clarkie

Quote:

and i'm a mess

For what it's worth, I know Keane and Cole are season ticket holders and they're not freebies, despite what they done for us.

Unread 03-01-2017, 09:13 PM
no fun

The doc did an after dinner at a fundraising night for the team I used to play for

He gave his fee back at the end of the night to put in club funds

Should have kept it, he could have bought a hamper

Unread 03-01-2017, 09:17 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Didn't he spend most of the 90's slagging Ferguson off? I actually remember a documentary, might even have been Ferguson's video, when he says "it's no secret I don't like the man but yeah he's done alright" :£#%&!er:
He did, on his and James H Reeve's radio show. Absolutely adamant Ferguson was a complete disaster waiting to happen, slagged off all of his signings, especially Pallister, as not United quality, and then spent years desperately backpedalling. Now he expects free stuff.
Absolute bitter £#%&!ing moron.

Unread 03-01-2017, 09:22 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
He did, on his and James H Reeve's radio show. Absolutely adamant Ferguson was a complete disaster waiting to happen, slagged off all of his signings, especially Pallister, as not United quality, and then spent years desperately backpedalling. Now he expects free stuff.
Absolute bitter £#%&!ing moron.
Always remeber the absolute slating he gave Eric on the radio the morning after the Kung £#%&!ick. Hated the @#%&! ever since. Always remember me dad going mad saying 'he's done with me now' like he was a close family friend.

Unread 03-01-2017, 09:36 PM
Buck

Quote:
So , basically..... you're all taking the Glazers side in this over an ex boss who won a championship, albeit div 2 and the fa cup....as mentioned above, most importantly, stopping the scouse scum winning a treble......

Nailed on, he'd have won the league if the soft bastards on the board hadnt sacked him......reducing the scouse haulage in the 70s and early 80s nqat.

United are c***s sometimes....and you lot make me sick.
Quote:
you buy him the £#%&!ing hamper then you cry baby soft c***.

hope you drop it on your foot you turd.
Quote:
you couldn't even lift one of the floor you shit stained dwarf.

Glazer c**k slurper
Quote:
you're a mess.

he's a bloke who did a job - managing a football team.

he's a bloke who did a job and got paid for it, quite well, most likely.

it's how life works, funnily enough: you do a job, you get sacked or leave and that's it - £#%&!ing hampers and tickets to the game, the sponging @#%&!. do you cry when you don't get invited to parties?

£#%&!ing nurses doing 40yrs service and getting a pittance of a pension and the Polish David Icke here is defending a football manager for not getting a box of after eights and a ticket to a football match.

Go to bed.
Quote:

and i'm a mess

Quote:

get off the internet and do something with your life - you sound bitter.

you and lawless should form an over 60s alliance and convene it on beachy head.
Quote:
Quote:

Unread 03-01-2017, 09:40 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Always remeber the absolute slating he gave Eric on the radio the morning after the Kung £#%&!ick. Hated the @#%&! ever since. Always remember me dad going mad saying 'he's done with me now' like he was a close family friend.

I know for a lot of reds of a certain age they loved watching his team(s), but my main experience of him was listening to his bitter whining every week about United. Even after Pallister had racked up the trophies he was still slagging him off.

Unread 03-01-2017, 09:44 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
The Doc

"Chelsea have sent me a Christmas hamper from Harrods for the last 18 years that must cost around £300. That’s a terrific gesture and I still go to Stamford Bridge to watch them about four times a year. So there are big clubs that act like big clubs, and some that act like small clubs."

“I won’t be back at United after them charging me for my tickets about three years ago. I got an invoice for £88 for two seats so that was it for me. If I fancy a game locally I’ll phone up Mike Summerbee at City and they always look after me. But I’m done with United.”

"Jose’s done okay but if he were made of chocolate he would eat himself. Look at the money he’s spent. Fergie sold Pogba for about a million quid and they then paid about £900million to get him back. That was good business, wasn’t it?”
and that's why we love him

Unread 04-01-2017, 03:59 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
I've heard Paddy Crerand on tele say this fellas a lying c***, or words to that effect.
The doc would happily say contradictory statements within minutes of each other depending on what he thought people wanted to hear.

Crerand would have good reason to say that given how Docherty got rid of him as assistant. Think it's in a strange kind of glory by Dumphy, as is a lot of other shit the doc got up to.

Quote:
So , basically..... you're all taking the Glazers side in this over an ex boss who won a championship, albeit div 2 and the fa cup....as mentioned above, most importantly, stopping the scouse scum winning a treble......

Nailed on, he'd have won the league if the soft bastards on the board hadnt sacked him......reducing the scouse haulage in the 70s and early 80s nqat.

United are c***s sometimes....and you lot make me sick.
I think most of United's current and past staff would agree with the doc on the glazers' cost cutting. Just wish he'd actually address them by name instead of 'the club'. Chelsea were like that under Bates.

Quote:
And take income away from another club legend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Didn't he spend most of the 90's slagging Ferguson off? I actually remember a documentary, might even have been Ferguson's video, when he says "it's no secret I don't like the man but yeah he's done alright" :w****r:
Yeah, always slagged fergie off.

I have an interview from the bbc back when it looked like we'd win the league for the first time in 25 years back in 92 and they we're doing a piece about Ferguson and Docherty was on saying how easy it was to manage United and anyone could do it.

Also remember a city fan ringing up Piccadilly radio in the mid 90s telling Docherty to tell the united fans who the biggest club in Britain was, and without hesitation he said either Celtic or Rangers. If a United fan had rang up a minute later with the same request his answer would have been United. The doc in a nutshell.

Unread 04-01-2017, 09:09 AM
elephantstone

Love the doc of course he was going to be bitter as they sacked him after he was close to completing the restoration job.

If united sent him a hamper he would still be eating out of the the 2 hampers come Easter .

Unread 04-01-2017, 12:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

have to laugh at this idea we'd have won the league and stopped the scouse 80s dynasty if only the club hadn't sacked tommy doc

look at 76 lads, we barely lost a game from december onwards and were pushing for the double. then as soon as we got to the final he just threw the title and concentrated on the cup

the next season united were out of the title race long before xmas.

great times, and winning the cup was ace. but spare me this shite about docherty winning the league. no chance.

Unread 04-01-2017, 12:30 PM
elephantstone

No chance? There was every chance, the team was young and he would have added to the team. I cant understand all the hate for the doc.
Closed Thread