United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-01-2013, 12:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
He'd probably cost more without the loan back.

I think he's better off at Palace. We've fifteen league games and a CL tie. Fergie isn't in to the habit of throwing kids in like that unless there's an injury. There'll be a lot of hype surrounding him, so better off he stays at palace, a good side doing well, and plays games. Get him in early in the Tournamentless summer and let him integrate there.
And, potentially, 4 or 5 FA Cup ties, or however many it is. 1 at least..

Unread 24-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Don't think United wanted to sign him this early, but because of Arsenal's interest they've been forced into it.

Same with the lad from Celtic.
Fair play, so Wenger has had a dummy spitting session over not being interested then?

Wanyama? Is it? 21 year old?

Unread 24-01-2013, 01:01 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Fair play, so Wenger has had a dummy spitting session over not being interested then?

Wanyama? Is it? 21 year old?
Yeah said he wasn't interested in him yesterday arse well and truly seen.

Yeah that's the lad, Arsenal want to buy him now and United have been scouting him for sometime actually. 21 and wait for it....A MIDFIELDER!

Unread 24-01-2013, 01:07 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
And, potentially, 4 or 5 FA Cup ties, or however many it is. 1 at least..
Still not enough. And it'd be presumptuous to bring him in on the assumption of more cup ties.

He probably wouldn't play in those either. The likes of Powell arent.

Unread 24-01-2013, 01:07 PM
Jack Duckworth

i bet madrid and barca are shitting themselves.

when was the last time we signed a player from outside the top division in england who went onto become an established first team player?

Unread 24-01-2013, 01:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

when was the last time we signed a player from outside the top division in england who went onto become an established first team player?
DdG

Unread 24-01-2013, 01:12 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
DdG
I think you've misunderstood - he means in England but not from the top division.

Er. Good question.

Unread 24-01-2013, 01:12 PM
PaulParkers

Doesnt matter who we sign or from what league. They are bound to be £#%&!ing shite.

Unread 24-01-2013, 01:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I think you've misunderstood - he means in England but not from the top division.

Er. Good question.
Ah. Lee Sharpe?

Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Er. Good question.
Yeah it is. I've typed 3 replies and scrapped them, no idea

Shooter McGavin

Quote:

Lee Sharpe

Unread 24-01-2013, 01:16 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:

Depends what you mean by 'established'. There's only about four players who would definitely make everyone's best eleven.

DDG (1)
Rafael (2)
Evra (3)

Carrick

Erm...

Van Persie

Then theres a handful who are not necessarily first pick, but will definitely play 30+ games a season:

Nani
Anderson
Kagawa
Hernandez

So....

What was the question again?....

est.1878

Greame tomlinson ended up at Stotfold fc

Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter McGavin
Lee Sharpe
so about 1988 then.

good luck zaha.

Unread 24-01-2013, 01:17 PM
The Return of JC

£#%&!ing totally misread the question. What a Dick.

Unread 24-01-2013, 01:19 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Depends what you mean by 'established'. There's only about four players who would definitely make everyone's best eleven.

DDG (1)
Rafael (2)
Evra (3)

Carrick

Erm...

Van Persie

Then theres a handful who are not necessarily first pick, but will definitely play 30+ games a season:

Nani
Anderson
Kagawa
Hernandez

So....

What was the question again?....
even if you were trying to answer that by listing foreign players outside of the english top division, wtf are carrick (spurs) and rvp (arsenal) doing in that list?

Unread 24-01-2013, 01:27 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
even if you were trying to answer that by listing foreign players outside of the english top division, wtf are carrick (spurs) and rvp (arsenal) doing in that list?
Wayne Rooney!

Unread 24-01-2013, 01:31 PM
dragflick

Yeah it's Zaha's fault that he came through Palace's youth academy, and they happen not to be in the Prem, isn't it?

Unread 24-01-2013, 01:33 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
she means there aren't many established players because of rotation, so the question is ill-conceived

Unread 24-01-2013, 01:33 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Yeah it's Zaha's fault that he came through Palace's youth academy, and they happen not to be in the Prem, isn't it?
the point is that it's 25 years since we last signed a player from a non-top flight english club who went on to become an established first team player.

it's a scary thought.
Closed Thread