View Poll Results: Who's the better player
Henry 10 22.73%
Giggs 30 68.18%
about equal 4 9.09%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 13-01-2007, 03:45 AM
Crumps

To be fair Henry had £#%&! all to do with the winning of either the World Cup or European Championships.

Unread 13-01-2007, 09:59 AM
borsuk

Default it would be helpful

if one of the more experienced and talented wummers on here could explain the basics to poppy. particularly the 'wums should be amusing, not irritating' section of the rulebook.

ta.

Unread 13-01-2007, 10:38 AM
MakeBelieve

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
What episode of the simpsons?
'The Regina Monologues' - the one with Tony Blair

[YOUTUBE]bFDHPHdKv5A[/YOUTUBE]

Unread 13-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Cunning Linguist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpsall
To be fair Henry had £#%&! all to do with the winning of either the World Cup or European Championships.
well said that crumpsall

Unread 13-01-2007, 12:48 PM
LushyLouTheLesbianShoe

Quote:
he was france's leading scorer for both

but i guess it shows how red you are if you say he's a bottler

(having said that, I don't agree with this new line of thought that he's a big game player cos he got the winning goals against the likes of Real Madrid and Brazil .. both their defences are utter shite)

Unread 13-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Cunning Linguist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LushyLouTheLesbianShoe

(having said that, I don't agree with this new line of thought that he's a big game player cos he got the winning goals against the likes of Real Madrid and Brazil .. both their defences are utter shite)
i am redder than you

Unread 13-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by LushyLouTheLesbianShoe

World Cup 98
He scored 2 against Saudi Arabia in a 4-0 win and 1 against south africa in a 3-0 win in the group stages.
£#%&! me they should have give him the cup to take home.

Euro 2000
He scored a goal against Denmark in a 3-0 win in the group stages and the first against the Czech Republkic in a 2-1 win. He scored one goal in a 2-1 against Portugal in the Semi Finals (Zidane score the Golden Goal).
Slightly more impressive conribution but pales in signifcance to his more talented teammates in regards to it being a team game.

The 'how Red argument' Well done you are a £#%&!ing @#%&!.

Unread 13-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Ed Sullivan

Thumbs down

ffs why bother comparing Giggs and Henry. Two different players who mean completely different things to different people.

Unread 13-01-2007, 04:19 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward #@&%!hands
ffs why bother comparing Giggs and Henry. Two different players who mean completely different things to different people.
And to be £#%&!ing fair, 'poppy' isn't a United fan anyway!He's a Scouse WUM.

Or Dakpul...................

Unread 13-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
And to be £#%&!ing fair, 'poppy' isn't a United fan anyway!He's a Scouse WUM.

Or Dakpul...................
I've got other suspicions. He's in here even later at night than me, which makes me think he's Stateside.......Stateside.......Welly.

Definitely a wum in any case. He said this, about Rooney being used unfit for the World Cup and it being the reason for his lack of form:

"If he had won us the World Cup, nobody would be complaining."

Also, look at his avatar. Clearly a Republic of Mancunia windup.

Unread 13-01-2007, 04:38 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I've got other suspicions. He's in here even later at night than me, which makes me think he's Stateside.......Stateside.......Welly.

Definitely a wum in any case. He said this, about Rooney being used unfit for the World Cup and it being the reason for his lack of form:

"If he had won us the World Cup, nobody would be complaining."

Also, look at his avatar. Clearly a Republic of Mancunia windup.
It's funny, I didn't click until he said "John Branes was in a different class to Giggs."

If I wasn't banned from RI, I'd sift through and find out which Scouser posted the very same sentence.He's Scouse, sure of it mate.

Unread 13-01-2007, 07:46 PM
poppy

NFT

Unread 13-01-2007, 07:49 PM
lh_red

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
Henry

World Cup Winner
European Championship winner
French league winner
2 x Premier League Winner
3 x FA Cup Winner
2 x European Golden Boot
2 x PFA Player of the Year
3 x FWA Player of the Year

I trust Giggs might just be tempted to trade his medals in for that little lot.
You £#%&!ing #@&%!. The bottom 3 aren't even trophies!!!

Unread 13-01-2007, 08:34 PM
LushyLouTheLesbianShoe

Quote:
Well done you are a £#%&!ing @#%&!.
so you say henry had nothing to do with France winning anything

I say that he was the top scorer in both the tournaments he played in

you come back and your argument appears to be 'er, yeah, well you are right about that, but in one of the semi finals he only got one goal like, and that wasnt even in extra time, so er, you're a £#%&!ing @#%&!'

you complete #@&%!

Unread 13-01-2007, 09:28 PM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lh_red
You £#%&!ing #@&%!. The bottom 3 aren't even trophies!!!

Ok, you ask any footballer in the world which selection of medals and honours he would prefer:

Option 1

8 League Titiles
4 FA Cups
2 League Cups
1 European Cup
1 World Club Championship
2 PFA Young Player of the Year

Option 2

1 x World Cup Winner
1 x World Cup Runner Up
1 x European Championship winner
1 x French league winner
1 x French Cup Winner
3 x FA Cup Winner
2 x European Golden Boot

I think the muppet who introduced Giggs' medals into the argument is feeling a little sheepish now.

And Henry started his career at Monaco at 17 years of age.

As a left winger.

Unread 13-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Jonathan Greening is better then Zola. Greening has a European Cup winnners medal. Played very little part in winning it, but he's got it, that's what matters

Funny.

Unread 13-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Ok, you ask any footballer in the world which selection of medals and honours he would prefer:

Option 1

8 League Titiles
4 FA Cups
2 League Cups
1 European Cup
1 World Club Championship
2 PFA Young Player of the Year

Option 2

1 x World Cup Winner
1 x World Cup Runner Up
1 x European Championship winner
1 x French league winner
1 x French Cup Winner
3 x FA Cup Winner
2 x European Golden Boot

I think the muppet who introduced Giggs' medals into the argument is feeling a little sheepish now.

And Henry started his career at Monaco at 17 years of age.

As a left winger.
still doesn't explain why you want to bother making the comparison. Giggs is a red - therefore I say Giggs. End of debate.

now piss off #@&%! nose.

Unread 13-01-2007, 09:50 PM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward #@&%!hands
still doesn't explain why you want to bother making the comparison. Giggs is a red - therefore I say Giggs. End of debate.

now piss off #@&%! nose.
It came from another thread. I was asked to make a poll.

Of course he's a red. But that's where we differ. I can appreciate great footballers whatever club they played for and have the %@#$&!s to hold my hands up at times and admit sometimes they happen to be better than our own. Seriously, to hear people claim Giggs to be better than Henry is a tad embarrassing. It really is not even close.

I can give many comparisons that would make the redder-than-you brigade on here have heart attacks:

Dalglish > Cantona
Vieira > Keane (almost too close to call but Vieira at his peak was outstanding. A mobile Graeme Souness).
Shearer > Ruud
Southall > Schmeichel

but it doesn't make me any less of a red. I can also argue that Paul McGrath was a better defender than either Baresi, Maldini or Bobby Moore because I happen to understand the game. Most on here don't seem to have a clue.

Unread 13-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
It came from another thread. I was asked to make a poll.

Of course he's a red. But that's where we differ. I can appreciate great footballers whatever club they played for and have the %@#$&!s to hold my hands up at times and admit sometimes they happen to be better than our own. Seriously, to hear people claim Giggs to be better than Henry is a tad embarrassing. It really is not even close.

I can give many comparisons that would make the redder-than-you brigade on here have heart attacks:

Dalglish > Cantona
Vieira > Keane (almost too close to call but Vieira at his peak was outstanding. A mobile Graeme Souness).
Shearer > Ruud
Southall > Schmeichel

but it doesn't make me any less of a red. I can also argue that Paul McGrath was a better defender than either Baresi, Maldini or Bobby Moore because I happen to understand the game. Most on here don't seem to have a clue.

now I know you're a WUM. 3/10 for effort. Move along scouser.

You obviously don't 'understand the game' you tool because there is no way Viera was better than Keane what ever £#%&!ing angle you take. You're a joke.

Unread 13-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Why Don?

I voted equal, but that's today.
Closed Thread