United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Ether

When I see Park play, I'm reminded of the 'infinite number of monkeys on typewriters' analogy. He's such a busy little shit, that he's bound to do a couple of good things every game. I still don't think he's good enough though. One of the most technically inept players I've ever seen, but with zero physical presence to make up for it.

Unread 13-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
When I see Park play, I'm reminded of the 'infinite number of monkeys on typewriters' analogy. He's such a busy little shit, that he's bound to do a couple of good things every game. I still don't think he's good enough though. One of the most technically inept players I've ever seen, but with zero physical presence to make up for it.

Lacist

Unread 13-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

S/Side Carrick was knackered when Arse came to town after Celtic so not used. He'll def play at the Stade de Luz (North London bastardised version).

On Park Ji Sung, I've always thought he was a sound player - like a little Jack Russell Even if his only discernable quality to the untrained eye is to piss off his direct opponent to the point of distraction it seems a very effective quality to have - especially as he can have this effect on even the best opposition. He's got much more than that, though. Sets up his fair share of attacking plays, and can chip in with a goal himself now and again as well.

Unread 13-01-2007, 11:44 PM
jem

Default he can scuttle along

in a straight line and play a short pass... at best. he doesn't think, he can't take on a man, he's never played what you'd call a cultured pass and his composure and shooting are horrible. he's useless in the air, he's an erratic tackler, his positional sense is shite. I just don't understand how anyone can call him even a squad player.... the number of attacks that break down when they get to him because he doesn't have a clue what to do is astonishing. he is not better than richardson, not even close. richardson is a squad player; park is shit.

Unread 14-01-2007, 01:26 AM
Tumescent Throb

Default Park Ji Sung #13

I like the description of him scuttling along, but he has a very low centre of gravity and the limbs of a Korean. Not many of them have worn the shirt so it takes a little longer to become accustomed to the sight of it. The physical difference between himself and most of his Premiership opponents is most apparent when he is running with or for the ball alongside them.

From a technical stand-point, he has good skill on the ball holding off or dinking past opponents, and is especially effective as a wall in tight spots - in such situations he demonstrates most clearly his ability to see the game. Ive seen him play many cultured passes, and have also noticed his ability to both switch the point of attack, and buy time for his team-mates. He can shoot well (though not his strong suit), and he has the capacity to both score and tee-up his team-mates for strikes at goal or to keep the play going.

All in all, an ideal squad player in anybody's language.

[SIZE="1"]well you started it!
Closed Thread