United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-01-2007, 05:37 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Capello needs to make Madrid a serious club again, for a few years it has been a circus, players having the power. if that means getting rid of Raul and co and upsetting a few senior players then it needs to be done.
I don't think he's only upset a few, to be honest. I thought dropping Diarra for those few games was a bit petty.

What Madrid need to do is get rid of Raul, Guti, Helguera and Salgado. They're all past it, but blame everyone else when results don't go their way.

I think he's made a lot of poor decisions already. Getting rid of Baptista was harsh given his good form towards the end of last season, and since then he hasn't shown much interest in Reyes.

Cannavaro has been shit, as has his favourite - Emerson.

Doesn't use Robinho enough, either, and has failed to get Cassano motivated.

They're a bit more difficult to beat than last season, but I don't think Capello is doing much better than Luxemburgo so far.

Unread 13-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Flowers of Manchester

Ok true its not like i have inside knowledge but going off what ive read on the forums and stuff if I remember rightly he met Madrid in March time.

Agreed his time was up as him and Fergie's relationship had totally broken down of which the reasons are obvious.

These reasons are why some reds slag him off as he keeps saying he is a United fan yet prefered his celeb status over trying to win his place back and knuckling down in training etc. and getting rid of the circus.

Yet another one who forgets that playing great football week in week out made him to what he was, you think that bitch posh would have noticed him if wasnt playing for United and playing great football? I have my doubts

Unread 13-01-2007, 05:42 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowers of MAnchester
Becks was a great player for us up to a point, then engineered his move away to Madrid where it has gone from bad to worse in his football. If you remember also he stated he didnt know who he wanted to win between us and the vermin in his first season at Madrid.
He has taken the easy option to play in the USA but I am sure the money will more than make up it up to him for playing in a shit league.

Clearly his celeb lifestyle is more important to him in the last few years than football so LA and him deserve each other.

As pointed out by Le Tiss he will be more remembered by the general public for his lifestyle rather than his football which is a great shame as he was great player for us for a number of years, then he got a bit do lally in his head.

I for one will remember his great times with us but could have been so much more and would have been a legend.
What is this all about?

Unread 13-01-2007, 05:44 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
What is this all about?
his "mates" on both sides.

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:31 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Golden
In an interview Beckham was asked who he wanted to win between us and Liverpool in a forthcoming match.

"I don't know, I have friends on both sides."

It was something like that. He didn't know if he wanted Stevie, Carra and Mikey to beat his mates and boyhood club.

And for that, he is eternally damned.

Unread 13-01-2007, 07:07 PM
MUFC One Love

Capello won't be managing them any longer than this summer, IMO.

Beckham as an actor?

Imagine him in a film full of suspense? Just wouldn't happen he doesn't have the voice or character.

Unread 13-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Lazarus

Mourinho will be at Madrid this summer and the first thing he will do will be to try to sign Ronaldo from us.

You mark my words.I will bump this if I'm right and if I'm not,I won't.

Unread 13-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Spiffy

Bekcham's a lying @#%&!. He said he was thinking over extending his contract at Real, all the while he was obviously going to LA. He was trying to manipulate this situation to make it look like Real forced him out. They called his bluff and that's when he announced he was going to LA. But for Real calling the meeting, he'd still be pretending he would stay if they started playing him.

Unread 13-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
Mourinho will be at Madrid this summer and the first thing he will do will be to try to sign Ronaldo from us.

You mark my words.I will bump this if I'm right and if I'm not,I won't.

Interesting, can you shed any light on where bear's go to expel their faeces?

Unread 13-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
It's £#%&!ing sad seeing alleged United 'Fans' saying that Beckham's a '@#%&!' and whatever.

Sort yourselves out.He £#%&!ing loved being a United player and has said £#%&! all different since he's left.He's given the Paul Ince treatment by some on here and I think it's out of order.Remember his goals, United attitude and his performances.

£#%&!ing jealous @#%&!s.
Yes, he did put in some performances for us, but some call him a United legend. Sorry, but not a chance.
What irks many fans, myself included, is first of all the manner of his departure. The admission he'd been looking for property in Spain for months, yet this statement came a few weeks after the transfer.
His continued statements about loving United and wanting to stay and all the while his managment team were touting him all over Europe.
Now, why didn't he just come out and say "I want to try my luck on a different stage". After the backing he was given in 98, did he think the fans would turn on him? And if he did, that's a £#%&!ing insult. We'd have wished him well and thanked him for what he did. Instead he let his game suffer to such an extent he was replaced by Ole, who put in better performances than Beckham had been giving.
Then there was the disgusting answer given to the question about who he preferred to win when United played Liverpool. He is either incredibly stupid and fails to realise the significance of that game, despite playing in many himself, or he would rather mouth neutral platitudes to keep himself looking good to the majority, whilst ignoring the very people that helped put him where he is now.
David Beckham is a lesson in how to go from adored hero of the terraces to a clueless media sell-out with zero credibility.
I hope he fails in the USA. Not because I hate him, but because I don't want football to be big in the USA. Let them keep the sports they play, we'll keep the ones we play. It's worked for decades, don't upset the balance.
As for 'The Beckham brand' - let the Yanks have him, I can't be arsed with him anymore.

Unread 13-01-2007, 10:57 PM
jem

as fergie is a @#%&! at the best of times (of course he lied, what would you do if you were wearing a nice suit and your boss said "nice whistle... interview is it?"). maybe he should have concentrated a bit more on his football and less on his fame; the real problem for me is that he was never a good enough player to justify the hype. not to say he was a bad player, but the hype was unreal.

Unread 13-01-2007, 11:04 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he was never a good enough player to justify the hype. not to say he was a bad player, but the hype was unreal.
which is why i cant understand how he intends to "take soccer to the next level"

i seriously cant understand what he wants to do.

Unread 13-01-2007, 11:04 PM
violater

it was reported today that beckhams move to la was brokered by simon fuller.(the man behind pop idol and x factor)

Unread 13-01-2007, 11:11 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™
it was reported today that beckhams move to la was brokered by simon fuller.(the man behind pop idol and x factor)
hesthe beckhams agent, has been for quite a while.

Unread 14-01-2007, 01:55 PM
boreez

I think taking soccer to the next level is more about people actually giving a £#%&! about it, which they will for a little while because he's playing. It'll be in the news and reported on for at least the first season.

And let's face it, whether you think Beckham is world class or not, he is miles better than the majority of players currently in the MLS.

Unread 14-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Rorschach

The negatives about Beckham, the hype, his transfer etc have all been covered well so far in this thread.

I have spent enough time referring to him as Liar23 since he left but I now think it's time to move on.

This move is clearly a recognition of his fading powers on the pitch.

He is now moving to the land of "style over substance" where he & his wife will be well placed.

I don't want him to fail cos I'm no longer arsed.

Unread 14-01-2007, 02:53 PM
puressence

beckham has been average since 2002 ...... fact

Unread 14-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Spiffy

But he was persuaded to go to America by wife Victoria, who convinced him it would mean a better life for them and their three boys.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/stor...showbiz1.shtml

Says it all really.
Closed Thread