Unread 23-07-2016, 06:46 PM
S/Side.Red

Closed down by two players, both simultaneously showing him onto his left foot

Unread 23-07-2016, 06:47 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
In their defence, they're being coached by an absolute £#%&!ing idiot.

Unread 23-07-2016, 06:48 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Tbf he's a creep but he's a good coach.

And that should barely need coaching; he's got a decent rep for using the left foot iirc.

Unread 23-07-2016, 06:49 PM
Grimson

Quote:

And that shouldn't need coaching; he's got a decent rep for using the left foot iirc.
The stepovers did them.

Unread 23-07-2016, 06:54 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
The stepovers did them.
Well yeah, but they shouldn't should they. You know damn well what he's going to do

Unread 23-07-2016, 07:02 PM
Lok

Quote:

And that should barely need coaching; he's got a decent rep for using the left foot iirc.
His tactics at the dippers was pretty much: give the ball to Suarez and hope he does something special. He's hardly Rinus Michels

They shipped goals for fun.

Unread 23-07-2016, 07:04 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Well yeah, but they shouldn't should they. You know damn well what he's going to do
True. Special player though. Every pro can do a stepover, only a handful can really sell players with them, and Celtic sure aren't seeing any of them in training.

People always say with Robben 'You know he's coming in on his left foot.' Knowing it is one thing, but in the moment, it doesn't look like that to the defenders.

Unread 23-07-2016, 07:05 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
His tactics at the dippers was pretty much: give the ball to Suarez and hope he does something special. He's hardly Rinus Michels

They shipped goals for fun.
I think he was still in experimental mode, which is fair as he's a young coach, but he changed systems quite regularly and often found things that worked. When we Anfield in LvG's first season, after they'd sold Suarez, they were on a tremendous run across a few months.

Don't get me wrong, he's a creepy £#%&!er. But as a coach I think he has got qualities.

Quote:
True. Special player though. Every pro can do a stepover, only a handful can really sell players with them, and Celtic sure aren't seeing any of them in training.

People always say with Robben 'You know he's coming in on his left foot.' Knowing it is one thing, but in the moment, it doesn't look like that to the defenders.
Yes this is true. My gripe with them was that there was two of them; communication would have helped.

I get the sense that communication is something that's dying out a little in British football. Even at high-end clubs like United. Don't think you get the talkers and the organisers you used to. Without going too deep, perhaps the results of a more introvert society (offline ).

Unread 23-07-2016, 07:13 PM
Lok

Quote:
I think he was still in experimental mode, which is fair as he's a young coach, but he changed systems quite regularly and often found things that worked. When we Anfield in LvG's first season, after they'd sold Suarez, they were on a tremendous run across a few months.

Don't get me wrong, he's a creepy £#%&!er. But as a coach I think he has got qualities.
I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how ridiculous they may seem.

Unread 23-07-2016, 07:14 PM
Grimson

Quote:
I get the sense that communication is something that's dying out a little in British football. Even at high-end clubs like United. Don't think you get the talkers and the organisers you used to. Without going too deep, perhaps the results of a more introvert society (offline ).
True. I think Gav Nev said something similar recently, about how in the Academy they were all taught to look over both shoulders and shout out anything they saw that didn't look right. I don't think that's happening anymore.

Unread 23-07-2016, 07:21 PM
Buck

What a player.

Unread 23-07-2016, 07:30 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
yhgr

Unread 23-07-2016, 07:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how ridiculous they may seem.
Not as ridiculous as saying it was all about Suarez when Sturridge broke the 20 league goal barrier and Sterling caught form he hasn't replicated since. He found an effective way of playing that got the best out of his players; that's the manager's job really.

Man management and communication seemed a bigger weakness. Although Klopp had 30-plus league games and still finished 8th.

Unread 23-07-2016, 07:59 PM
Dave

The player we should have gone for instead of Mkhitaryan IMO.

Unread 23-07-2016, 08:03 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Gav Nev said something similar recently, about how in the Academy they were all taught to look over both shoulders and shout out anything they saw that didn't look right.
Probably just as well. 10 players shouting 'Fellaini' for 90 minutes.

Unread 23-07-2016, 08:03 PM
Buck

Quote:
Not as ridiculous as saying it was all about Suarez when Sturridge broke the 20 league goal barrier and Sterling caught form he hasn't replicated since. He found an effective way of playing that got the best out of his players; that's the manager's job really.

Man management and communication seemed a bigger weakness. Although Klopp had 30-plus league games and still finished 8th.
I don't believe Rodgers is the dud many on here say he is. He did as you say produce a free-scoring side and Suarez transformed to a new level under him.

But he is too stubborn and arrogant with it. He didn't improve their defence at all. His idea to improve was to go into the market and things will be alright. That didn't solve the frailties in the system so that's not good coaching.

When Sturridge was out they had no goalscorer up front but he continued with his passing game even though he had no focal point. His idea of experimenting was changing formation, not changing the style to suit the big lumps he brought in (Lambert, Balotelli, Borini). Sterling as wing-back

Unread 23-07-2016, 08:12 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
Probably just as well. 10 players shouting 'Fellaini' for 90 minutes.

Unread 23-07-2016, 08:32 PM
puressence

Quote:
Remember a Chelsea manager losing his job the day after he did that to his defenders.

Unread 23-07-2016, 08:42 PM
tony tabletop

Probably the best Algerian player since this guy

Closed Thread