United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-09-2018, 02:36 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
and that's the thing i can't quite work out...

how has that happened?
We didn't buy that centre back

Unread 01-09-2018, 02:58 PM
Cream

Quote:

how has that happened?
Spent money and stuck with the manager through thick and thin.

Well, thin. Haven't won a single trophy under him.

Unread 01-09-2018, 03:16 PM
puressence

Be interesting to see the mighty pools form come the 6th Oct

Unread 01-09-2018, 03:37 PM
Sparky***

4 games, 4 wins. One goal conceded only down to a goalkeeping clanger. Didn’t even need Fabinho or Keita.

Ominous.

Unread 01-09-2018, 03:47 PM
Clownbones

Brighton, into their fourth game of the season, have only scored against us.

3 times in 1 half.

Unread 01-09-2018, 04:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
Did anyone £#%&! over Spurs the other night? I thought the general consensus was that they put in a solid-ish away performance against a team of jellyfish.
Yes, the post match talk, the radio, the general consensus was that spurs are title challengers now because they scored as many goals against our car crash of a defence that Brighton did.

Unread 01-09-2018, 04:06 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yes, the post match talk, the radio, the general consensus was that spurs are title challengers now because they scored as many goals against our car crash of a defence that Brighton did.
Ahh, right. Avoided all that shite. Just read the match thread on here. That was more than enough for me in terms of analysis.

Unread 01-09-2018, 04:09 PM
Clownbones

First time Liverpool have won their first four matches since........ they last won the league.

Just accept it NOW.

Unread 01-09-2018, 04:12 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Why can't it continue? Yet to see any evidence that shows their drought will end this season. They couldn't do it in 2014 ffs, with everything lined up for them.

Obviously we're not in a great position to talk about 100% winning a league. But i'd back 2 or 3 others before the scousers. Still too flakey.
Tbf they finished fourth last season, so clearly the league is theirs for the taking.

Unread 01-09-2018, 04:15 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
First time Liverpool have won their first four matches since........ they last won the league.

Just accept it NOW.
I honestly don't care any more. A few seasons ago it would have seemed like a dagger through the heart to watch them @#%&!s win the league again......

But after the last 5 years of United lurching from one circus of a season to another I can honestly say whatever feelings i might have in terms of those scouse @#%&!s winning the league, it pales into insignificance when you compare it to the £#%&!ing teeth-grinding frustration and misery it's been for the most part following United since 2012.

It's hard to care about much else when your own club is such a £#%&!ing joke.

Unread 01-09-2018, 04:16 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:

how has that happened?
Liverpool play entertaining football, same as they did under Rodgers. Therefore fourth and a cup final with a gurning manager = right trajectory. 2nd and a cup final at united with a dissatisfied manager = wrong trajectory.

Woodward has created a poisoned environment over the summer and start of the season by undermining the manager. Ultimately due to the financial motivations and subsequent footballing ambitions of the owners. Liverpool backed their manager in an effort to go the extra mile. Many United fans and all the media are happy to play up both narratives.

Fact is, we were in a position to push on over the summer. Woodward and the glazers have £#%&!ed that over, probably because there was no guarantee of overcoming city regardless of what was spent.

Unread 01-09-2018, 04:31 PM
elhombre

when are chelsea going to score then?

EDIT: they just have.

Unread 01-09-2018, 04:49 PM
Fat Al

The bird at Brentford reporting on the game for Soccer Saturday is a £#%&!ing vampire.

Unread 01-09-2018, 04:55 PM
windy waffles

Was watching Wolves this afternoon. Very good team to be fair. Very good on the counter. That Adama Traore's pace is scary.

Neves always impresses - we need to sign him up when he becomes available.

They will beat us.

Unread 01-09-2018, 04:59 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
The bird at Brentford reporting on the game for Soccer Saturday is a £#%&!ing vampire.

Unread 01-09-2018, 05:02 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Was watching Wolves this afternoon. Very good team to be fair. Very good on the counter. That Adama Traore's pace is scary.

Neves always impresses - we need to sign him up when he becomes available.

They will beat us.
West Ham are going down

Unread 01-09-2018, 05:04 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
35 games to go...people giving Liverpool the league

No wonder united are in shit state...
And they have never won the league in November before. Not ever.

They look pretty good this season, no denying that unfortunately. But lets just wait and see eh.

Unread 01-09-2018, 05:16 PM
Mr_Ed

Lose tomorrow and we could be 7 points off 5th place by the first international break

Unread 01-09-2018, 05:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Brighton, into their fourth game of the season, have only scored against us.

3 times in 1 half.
You could have waited until the end of the match before posting this tbph.

Unread 01-09-2018, 05:29 PM
Buck

It's September 1st
Closed Thread