United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-09-2018, 11:37 AM
puressence

Default Saturday Football 1st sept ......

First up Leicester v Liverpool

Ghezzal uptop for Leicester good player this lad with Maddison behind 2-1

Unread 01-09-2018, 11:43 AM
My Name is Keith

3-1 to the scouse.

Unfortunately, I think this is their year.

Unread 01-09-2018, 11:47 AM
TheFatGoth

Early Leicester goal to give us hope - then Salah and Firmino restore order before halftime, with Keita wrapping it up in the second half.

1-3

Liverpool play really good stuff

Unread 01-09-2018, 12:41 PM
MartialLaw

Off*

Unread 01-09-2018, 12:41 PM
Mr Kaboom

Time to go and do some gardening, £#%&! this for a game of soldiers.

Unread 01-09-2018, 12:43 PM
Clownbones

No way I'm wasting my Saturday afternoon watching these gimps.

They're winning the league this season.

You know it, I know it.

We've had 29 years of piss-taking and lauding it over them.

We had a good run.

Accept it now and it'll make it less painful come May.

Unread 01-09-2018, 12:53 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
3-1 to the scouse.

Unfortunately, I think this is their year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
No way I'm wasting my Saturday afternoon watching these gimps.

They're winning the league this season.

You know it, I know it.

We've had 29 years of piss-taking and lauding it over them.

We had a good run.

Accept it now and it'll make it less painful come May.
Hear this so many times over the years.

Why is it that doomlords always think liverpool will win something big? Same shit in the cl. They've won 1 CL in 30 odd years, no league.

Unread 01-09-2018, 01:00 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Hear this so many times over the years.

Why is it that doomlords always think liverpool will win something big? Same shit in the cl. They've won 1 CL in 30 odd years, no league.
So it'll be true one day then.

I'm sure their fans were saying the same in 1993.

It's happening. We have eight months to prepare.

Unread 01-09-2018, 01:04 PM
elhombre

Quote:

I was just about to say the same thing

Unread 01-09-2018, 01:05 PM
Bunker Buster

35 games to go...people giving Liverpool the league

No wonder united are in shit state...

Unread 01-09-2018, 01:07 PM
saffers

Quote:

Why can't it continue? Yet to see any evidence that shows their drought will end this season. They couldn't do it in 2014 ffs, with everything lined up for them.

Obviously we're not in a great position to talk about 100% winning a league. But i'd back 2 or 3 others before the scousers. Still too flakey.

They had the CL in the bag according to this forum just because theyd beaten. Even under klopp whenever there has been serious pressure on to win something theyve folded. Even with van dijk im not that impressed by their backline, we could and should have beaten by them 3 or 4 at OT last season. Roma bagged 5 didnt they?

Still huge issues for a team that you think is destined to win the league. Only reason city lost to them in the CL was due to pep's cowardly tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
35 games to go...people giving Liverpool the league

No wonder united are in shit state...
Yup, not a surprise that it is the same sort of fans who are anti mou and have given up on us - are hailing liverpool and handing them the title in september.

Unread 01-09-2018, 01:11 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
I was just about to say the same thing
They'll win it eventually.

In 1990 nobody would have imagined they'd go nearly 30 years without one.

We've all seen enough to know football comes in these cycles. We had ours. It was glorious. It coincided with their demise. That was even more gloriouser.

The real pisser would have been if they actually scabbed one in a rare flirtation with the summit (09 and 14) but now they actually look like a side building and capable of winning the league.

Leicester, Chelsea and City have all proven in the last few three years, that you can run away with this league with a bit of momentum.

And nobody likes getting ahead of steam more than these sprinty, buck-toothed led gimps.

Theres no great Fergie sides loitering to spoil the party either.

Their time is overdue and it's coming.

Unread 01-09-2018, 01:13 PM
saffers

Quote:

We've all seen enough to know football comes in these cycles. We had ours. It was glorious. It coincided with their demise. That was even more gloriouser.

The real pisser would have been if they actually scabbed one in a rare flirtation with the summit (09 and 14) but now they actually look like a side building and capable of winning the league.

Leicester, Chelsea and City have all proven in the last few three years, that you can run away with this league with a bit of momentum.

And nobody likes getting ahead of steam more than these sprinty, buck-toothed led gimps.

City are unfortunately going to win it with ease.

This klopp team and squad simply doesnt have enough to go the whole distance against City. In fact, chelsea if they keep improving might finish above them. They still have most of the squad that got 93 points just over a year ago. Spurs are always capable of beating liverpool, just need consistency in other games. Spurs have actually finished above the scouse for most of the last 6 seasons.

Unread 01-09-2018, 01:17 PM
ziggyman17

9 points behind the scousers....

puressence

0-2 halftime

Buck

Japan vs South Korea - Asian Games Final

Son has to win or he'll be patrolling the border for two years

Unread 01-09-2018, 01:19 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Why can't it continue? Yet to see any evidence that shows their drought will end this season. They couldn't do it in 2014 ffs, with everything lined up for them.

Obviously we're not in a great position to talk about 100% winning a league. But i'd back 2 or 3 others before the scousers. Still too flakey.

They had the CL in the bag according to this forum just because theyd beaten. Even under klopp whenever there has been serious pressure on to win something theyve folded. Even with van dijk im not that impressed by their backline, we could and should have beaten by them 3 or 4 at OT last season. Roma bagged 5 didnt they?

Still huge issues for a team that you think is destined to win the league. Only reason city lost to them in the CL was due to pep's cowardly tactics.

Yup, not a surprise that it is the same sort of fans who are anti mou and have given up on us - are hailing liverpool and handing them the title in september.

Quote:
City are unfortunately going to win it with ease.

This klopp team and squad simply doesnt have enough to go the whole distance against City. In fact, chelsea if they keep improving might finish above them. They still have most of the squad that got 93 points just over a year ago. Spurs are always capable of beating liverpool, just need consistency in other games. Spurs have actually finished above the scouse for most of the last 6 seasons.
So city not Liverpool?

Great.

Unread 01-09-2018, 01:21 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Bollox

Ciddy will piss it again

Klopp has met his Bayern

Unread 01-09-2018, 01:23 PM
saffers

Quote:

So city not Liverpool?

Great.
Unfortunately it is not great either way. City have a very good team that I think will sadly get a bit better this season.

Unread 01-09-2018, 01:24 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Bollox

Ciddy will piss it again

Klopp has met his Bayern
2017: hoping city beat Liverpool in the champions league

2018: hoping city beat Liverpool to the league

Great times

Quote:
Unfortunately it is not great either way. City have a very good team that I think will sadly get a bit better this season.
Didn't need to be this way either.
Closed Thread