United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-08-2018, 09:52 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
and a better bunch of defenders, a better midfield, and possibly a better striker
better than the ones he's already bought.

but but his hands are tied etc.

Unread 29-08-2018, 10:00 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
better than the ones he's already bought.

but but his hands are tied etc.
He has bought two defenders for a defence that was terrible before he came, made up of players who weren't good enough to challenge for the league in a team before he came or who weren't defenders in the first place.

The midfield is good. not a problem with the midfield if the supposed best midfield payer at the club would try being a footballer, rather than an attention seeking, 12 year old drama queen.

The striker he bought last year replaced the one he got the year before that he got for free.

Manchester United is a club that continually boasts of being the biggest in the world, of being the richest in the world, of generating the most revenue in the world yet, despite all that, refuses to get the manager the players he feels he needs. They let him down on one player last summer, two players this.

If you are going to bring in a manager to challenge for the league and in Europe, you have to get him the players he needs. The club aren't doing that, and haven't done the past two years in particular.

Unread 29-08-2018, 10:13 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
He has bought two defenders for a defence that was terrible before he came, made up of players who weren't good enough to challenge for the league in a team before he came or who weren't defenders in the first place.

The midfield is good. not a problem with the midfield if the supposed best midfield payer at the club would try being a footballer, rather than an attention seeking, 12 year old drama queen.

The striker he bought last year replaced the one he got the year before that he got for free.

Manchester United is a club that continually boasts of being the biggest in the world, of being the richest in the world, of generating the most revenue in the world yet, despite all that, refuses to get the manager the players he feels he needs. They let him down on one player last summer, two players this.

If you are going to bring in a manager to challenge for the league and in Europe, you have to get him the players he needs. The club aren't doing that, and haven't done the past two years in particular.
The club hasn't refused to spend. He broke the record for pogba and spent big on lukaku.

He's built his own midfield 3

And bought 2 forwards

Before this summer they didn't sanction perisic

This summer they didn't sanction Maguire and willian

But I suppose the narrative is that Jose is a victim now.

Unread 29-08-2018, 10:18 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
The club hasn't refused to spend. He broke the record for pogba and spent big on lukaku.

And bought 2 forwards

As said before, the midfield is fine. The striker is fine and, as you say, they didn't sign 3 players the club need.

Does that make Jose a victim? Only if you need to over-dramatise because your argument isn't a strong one.

Does the argument hold that the club haven't backed the manager in the way they should? By your own admission on the 3 needed players that weren't signed, yes.

Unread 29-08-2018, 10:23 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
As said before, the midfield is fine. The striker is fine and, as you say, they didn't sign 3 players the club need.

Does that make Jose a victim? Only if you need to over-dramatise because your argument isn't a strong one.

Does the argument hold that the club haven't backed the manager in the way they should? By your own admission on the 3 needed players that weren't signed, yes.
yeah and we can flip it around and say the failure to sign perisic/willian and maguire and not good enough excuses for the state and direction of the football.

there's not much argument to be made. we can see what's in front of us.

he's responsible for losing 0-3 at home to spurs. for sevilla last season.

it's lazy and convenient to just blame the board.

Unread 29-08-2018, 10:23 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

Well instead of signing Perisic last summer (who's a good player but nothing special) they compensated by signing Sanchez in Jan who before he signed most would have said is a better player

What I think happened this summer is the club lost faith in what Jose is doing based off who he wanted to sign and how poorly the players he has signed have performed and developed

It's a two way street
No way Liverpool's owners back Klopp so much this summer if most of his previous signings hadn't been a success and also been improved by Klopp

Unread 29-08-2018, 10:27 AM
Clownbones

I like all this 'can't sack the manager after three games'.

Ok. Then how many? How many defeats would be too many?

Unread 29-08-2018, 10:29 AM
guerreiro

All the does he get backed, has he got the right players argument is bolllocks; what he does with the players he has is the main issue.

Unread 29-08-2018, 10:32 AM
YCSYFEUYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
I like all this 'can't sack the manager after three games'.

Ok. Then how many? How many defeats would be too many?
He should have gone after the West Brom farce last season

Unread 29-08-2018, 10:34 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Well instead of signing Perisic last summer (who's a good player but nothing special) they compensated by signing Sanchez in Jan who before he signed most would have said is a better player

What I think happened this summer is the club lost faith in what Jose is doing based off who he wanted to sign and how poorly the players he has signed have performed and developed

It's a two way street
No way Liverpool's owners back Klopp so much this summer if most of his previous signings hadn't been a success and also been improved by Klopp
We finished 2nd in the league and made it to the FA cup final.

This was probably the most important summer transfer window of Jose's reign. He needed the backing this summer. He didn't get it and the club, when they decide to get rid of him, will now have to go through the whole rebuilding process again, with the cost that involves, with a manager who hasn't won anywhere near as much, reporting to a man who knows nothing about football other than it can generate huge sponsorship opportunities.

If Woodward had been around in the late 1980s, Fergie wouldn't have been our manager in the 1990s.

Unread 29-08-2018, 10:39 AM
YCSYFEUYA

Quote:

This was probably the most important summer transfer window of Jose's reign. He needed the backing this summer. He didn't get it and the club, when they decide to get rid of him, will now have to go through the whole rebuilding process again, with the cost that involves, with a manager who hasn't won anywhere near as much, reporting to a man who knows nothing about football other than it can generate huge sponsorship opportunities.

If Woodward had been around in the late 1980s, Fergie wouldn't have been our manager in the 1990s.
I get this and yes Woodward has to take his share of the blame too

But if you’re telling me it is Woodward’s fault we’ve dropped 6 points already with a squad containing the likes of DDG, Bailly, Fred, Pogba, Mata, Matic, Sanchez, Martial, Rashford and Lukaku then you need to give your head a wobble

That bunch alone should have got us on at least 7 points by now. Plus Mourinho seems disinterested and bitter

Both need to go

Unread 29-08-2018, 10:45 AM
My Name is Keith

He has to get a better tune from the players he signed - that’s the way to put pressure on the board - as Klopp has done as pointed out above. you would at least expect those players he’s signed to have his back so what that says about him isn’t encouraging nor is it a good reflection on people like pogba who put themselves way ahead of the club, it’s fans or it’s manager.

That’s on mou mou just it was on lvg. But if the board not backing him argument has validity, then the conclusion is the same isn’t it?

So, if mou can’t get this bunch of @#%&!s playing well then he’s toast and if the board aren’t backing him then he’s toast.

As has been said numerous times, the club’s a £#%&!ing mess from top to bottom and I have zero confidence it will get sorted soon.

And getting a decent manager isn’t a given. City bought into a completely new structure and huge investment just to attract Guardiola in the first place - we’re just relying on our name and history. We certainly need to be a lot stronger in departments other than product endorsement to compete going forward.

Unread 29-08-2018, 10:47 AM
Neo

Starting to get to Moyes levels where I’m hoping we lose just to speed up the process of the @#%&! getting the boot, as it’s obvious we’re not going to challenge for either major trophy (league and European Cup) anyway, so do results even matter?

I actually think Mourinho is trying his absolute best, and I admire him for that, but my issue is that his best is not suited to United. He will not play attractive, attacking football, and he will not develop young players. These are, for me, two of the core principles of Manchester United, and we need a manager that will uphold them.

If we can get Zidane in I genuinely think players like Pogba, Martial, Rashford and Lukaku will absolutely flourish. He’s not the most attacking of managers, but I think the players will buy into him massively. Long-term we really need to be looking at Pochettino, though, as he’s someone that can actually build something in line with the core principles and traditions of the club.

Unread 29-08-2018, 10:48 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCSYFEUYA
I get this and yes Woodward has to take his share of the blame too

But if you’re telling me it is Woodward’s fault we’ve dropped 6 points already with a squad containing the likes of DDG, Bailly, Fred, Pogba, Mata, Matic, Sanchez, Martial, Rashford and Lukaku then you need to give your head a wobble

That bunch alone should have got us on at least 7 points by now. Plus Mourinho seems disinterested and bitter

Both need to go
Bad things happen sometimes. We lost both our first 2 games in 1992/93.

It's understandable to a point why it's happened. The manager is unhappy with woodward, two players are unhappy with the manager.

Don't forget also, we have a totally new coaching team in place.

It should be better than it is, and it will be. Soon.

Unread 29-08-2018, 10:51 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:

And bought 2 forwards

The rest of the signings have been punts in todays window.. Lindelof, Bailey, etc. Last summer.. City spent big on Stones and then Laporte in January. To stop him from strengthening the defence was ridiculous.

Unread 29-08-2018, 10:55 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

So what
FA Cup is nice but a very minor trophy these days
Finishing 2nd sounds promising but was anyone encouraged that Jose was developing a side capable of winning the league or European Cup in the near future based off what we were seeing on the pitch last season

I lost faith in Jose last season because of the lack of development of the players and team in general so I'm not surprised the powers that be at the club also lost some faith in Jose and his project

Unread 29-08-2018, 11:05 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:

It should be better than it is, and it will be. Soon.

Unread 29-08-2018, 11:19 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
The rest of the signings have been punts in todays window.. Lindelof, Bailey, etc. Last summer.. City spent big on Stones and then Laporte in January. To stop him from strengthening the defence was ridiculous.
Yep

Lindelof and Bailey at £30m? We’re signjngs for their potential. If you want the finished article in today’s market you have to pay upwards of £50m at least

Aldeweirald would have been a very good signing.

Unread 29-08-2018, 11:27 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yep

Lindelof and Bailey at £30m? We’re signjngs for their potential. If you want the finished article in today’s market you have to pay upwards of £50m at least

Aldeweirald would have been a very good signing.
Record revenues every year and we're signing shit that no big club wants. We're trying to compete with City who go out and pay the price for the best players whilst we're chancing it on 30-40million pound signings.

If they weren't going to back the manager in the summer, they shouldn't have given him a contract extension.

Unread 29-08-2018, 11:31 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Record revenues every year and we're signing shit that no big club wants. We're trying to compete with City who go out and pay the price for the best players whilst we're chancing it on 30-40million pound signings.

If they weren't going to back the manager in the summer, they shouldn't have given him a contract extension.
Agree pal.

If they weren’t going to back him, then just sack him. But that would mean paying out more money than they want.
Closed Thread