United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

Default Re: We were absolutely robbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
Who is 5 pts clear, who also comfortably dispatched Liverpool who hammered us without Gerrard?

They werent great today against a top 4 rival, yet still won.

I would worry more about how little goals there are in this team. I would actually go as far as saying we will not win the league, unless we sign 2 players in January.
you are a shithouse @#%&! marlo

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Aloe Blacc

Default Re: OFFICIAL: Chelsea v United thread. (Teams, links + doom)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
United sent out a statement today, but a few #@&%!s on here (we know who they are) wont mention how the 'great' chelsea didn't steam roll us today.
Yes we did, we havent replaced Ronaldo, Valencia is not good enough at this level, Giggs should be an impact player from the bench, and United do not have the cutting edge to win the league and just went 5 pts behind our main rivals.

However, if Ferguson doesnt realise our best midfield is Ando Fletch and Carrick, then £#%&! it all.

Carrick was carried at times I thought, if he doesnt step up, £#%&! him off and get Hamsik.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:19 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I know mate, like steam rolling Wigan.

It's what they have done for the past 3 seasons and have won £#%&! all of note.

Why do you think Ambramovich keeps sacking managers? 'Cos they are dire to watch, every single big game they rely on set pieces etc, even against shit teams they do ffs, Chelsea just aren't that good mate, you need to realise.
tbh I don't think united, liverpool, chelsea, inter, ac milan, madrid have been great to watch in big matches at all.

the only ones who don't change the way they play irrespective of the matches are barcelona and arsenal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
one other point (and berbatov bashers £#%&! off before you start). i love watching berbatov and i think he's been tremendous for us this season. but that was by a distance our best performance of the season imo and it came with the m/f 3 we've all been waiting for. if we play anderson-carrick-fletcher in the middle, with two of valencia, giggs, obertan and nani outside... puts a big question mark over not his talent or ability as a footballer, but his role in this side.
the one major point being who will score the goals with that formation and team. carrick, anderson and fletcher maybe have 10 goals combined in them for a season. valencia, nani and obertan hardly score either.

and we have to accept that rooney will never be a goalscorer. the lad is great but really doesn't have the mean streak in him which all great goal scorers have.

I think fergie has a big problem to solve. if he goes with this formation, it gives the midfield solidarity and defense will be great but we will be toothless upfront. if we go with a 4-4-2 with berbatov then midfield will be very loose.

I still would like to see a 4-3-3 with macheda, rooney and berbatov with the midfield 3. I think macheda is probably the only one in our entire squad bar Josh king, who is suited to this rule. he has the technique, touch, finesse and goal scoring ability for that role.

originalhogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
referee lost control of this game. he then caved in and just gave chelsea everything.
He £#%&!in bottled it sparky

Tronics

Quote:
Who is 5 pts clear, who also comfortably dispatched Liverpool who hammered us without Gerrard?

I would worry more about how little goals there are in this team. I would actually go as far as saying we will not win the league, unless we sign 2 players in January.

come on guys dont fall for the bait.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:21 PM
originalhogg

I think ancelotti is feeling £#%&!in sheepish!

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
can't accept that. i thought he was very good, gave cole nightmares, stopped him contributing anything going forward, gave us a great out ball all match and showed for the ball very intelligently all game. shame he had o'shea behind him and only rooney to cross to. very impressive performance imo.
He was safe and tidy, so the marking of poor form me was a bit harsh. However his unwillingness to go at Cole one v one frustrated me and he sometimes slowed the game down too much when Utd were in advantageous positions. Especially with Giggs badly off the pace on the other wing I wanted a bit more positivity.

Have to say I like the look of Obertan, chooses the right options, links up well with the full back and when it is on will go at his man. Start him in the next match I would say.

I have wanted that midfield all season, we were so solid and Deco, Lampard and Ballack did next to nothing. How we fit Bebratov into it is the question. Really though that Rooney bar some odd moments looked to have sussed how to play the lone attacking role, always gave us an option and looked to stre3tch them and with Anderson getting more freedom to go forward there was good shape.

Carrick was far more comfortable in that deep lying role.

Unfortunate result, deserved something from the game.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:

who was the better side today? us

should have had a pen and their goal shouldn't have stood

the centre backs you slagged dealt with drogba so he resorted to dropping to the ground at any opportunity

you were wrong about us, will you admit it, @#%&!face?

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Rhodzy

Couldn't watch the game today unfortunately, followed the game on bbc sport with my phone sounds like we definitely deserved to win.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:25 PM
captain scarlet

I hate to admit it but I have a match going Liverpool supporting mate who despises United. He usually looses no time in rubbing salt in the wound-he has just texted me to say that he never thought he would see the day when he felt sorry for United and that we were robbed.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:26 PM
red @rmy

Chelsea will not win the league.

You can quote me on that.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Yes we did, we havent replaced Ronaldo, Valencia is not good enough at this level, Giggs should be an impact player from the bench, and United do not have the cutting edge to win the league and just went 5 pts behind our main rivals.

However, if Ferguson doesnt realise our best midfield is Ando Fletch and Carrick, then £#%&! it all.

Carrick was carried at times I thought, if he doesnt step up, £#%&! him off and get Hamsik.
you are the @#%&! of @#%&!s

MUFC One Love

Quote:

But I thought we were going to get murdered off them?

Stop talking £#%&!ing shite, Chelsea are exactly the same as they have been the past few years, they rely on set pieces and getting goals out of long balls to Drogba when they need it, people wax lyrical about them every season United have won the league the last 3 seasons, do you understand that?

Chelsea were always gonna nick one off a set piece off a dodgy referring decision today, that was obviously after the first 20 minutes tbh. The fact is we were the best team, without our 2 centre backs and without one of our main strikers, and they had to rely on a poor decision to beat us.

That logic again, they beat Liverpool who beat us without Gerrard, what, so 'cos we beat Wigan and Chelsea didn't surely we're better than them?

Chelsea have actually been shit in a lot of games this season. The title will go down to the wire, which is odd considering we're shit and Chelsea are amazing?

koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
you are the @#%&! of @#%&!s
Please ban him.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:28 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Chelsea will not win the league.

You can quote me on that.
Ok.

Now what?

Is this a game?

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:29 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Ok.

Now what?

Is this a game?
Flid.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:30 PM
MUFC One Love

People's issue is that we were meant to get leathered and we're shit, and Chelsea are amazing. Again, Chelsea were shite and relied on a set piece. You cannot rely on that all season, that is why we have won the league for 3 seasons and they haven't. That's what amazes me with Aloe Blacc and people like him, the way they talk you'd think we've won nout for 5 years.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Mr_Ed

Purely from somebody who knows about football...

I think we did well today. We were undone by a dubious free kick but no other team will go to Stamford Bridge and dominate like we did... I thought we were great - therefore I won't be too harsh on the lads.

Shit happens - we can't win every game.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:32 PM
dinger

Totally agree with Borsuks post, also that was the quietest i've ever seen A.Cole against us Valencia had him worried, we were the better team and I havent seen any side dominate Chelsea at home like that in ages, we have now played all the top half of the league except Villa and are in a better position than we were last season and we're supposed to be shit according to some experts.

Johnny Evans has to be first choice CB from now on the nastiness he showed in that challenge with Drogba was £#%&!ing lovely, really brought a smile to my face.

Fletch / Carrick / Ando is the way forward with Valencia & Obertan either side £#%&! the 4-4-2 shit a 4-5-1 formation can be as attacking as any side with the right players.

I cant wait to read tomorrows papers to see how they spin that scabby as £#%&! result, let them call us finished our players will be £#%&!ing fuming, Everton will get themselves a new one torn imo.

I feel the polar opposite at the minute to how I felt after the scouse game, I wish we had Everton tomorrow.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:33 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Purely from somebody who knows about football...

I think we did well today. We were undone by a dubious free kick but no other team will go to Stamford Bridge and dominate like we did... I thought we were great - therefore I won't be too harsh on the lads.

Shit happens - we can't win every game.
Nice work Sherlock.