United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-12-2017, 01:02 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The guy he's replacing at PSG would be a shout..

Depends which direction the club wants to go in.

At some point they have to accept they can't compete with City like for like, the field isn't level, it's not possible to match what they do as they have no constraints or rules to follow. Therefore they have to be creative and find a way to compete and run the club effectively and efficiently. Atletico Madrid, Monaco, Dortmund, Munich etc. all manage it on a budget less than we have through shrewd planning and management. We need someone with a brain leading from the top..
I agree 100%.. The only downside to this, is that the people that own and run the club have no idea how to run a successful football team, they are still living off and hanging on to Fergies time at the club, there all about profit, surely they have earned enough money now that they sell up for a profit and get in owners that put football before profit..

Unread 21-12-2017, 01:14 PM
Spock

Quote:
The guy he's replacing at PSG would be a shout..

Depends which direction the club wants to go in.

At some point they have to accept they can't compete with City like for like, the field isn't level, it's not possible to match what they do as they have no constraints or rules to follow. Therefore they have to be creative and find a way to compete and run the club effectively and efficiently. Atletico Madrid, Monaco, Dortmund, Munich etc. all manage it on a budget less than we have through shrewd planning and management. We need someone with a brain leading from the top..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
I agree 100%.. The only downside to this, is that the people that own and run the club have no idea how to run a successful football team, they are still living off and hanging on to Fergies time at the club, there all about profit, surely they have earned enough money now that they sell up for a profit and get in owners that put football before profit..
Both great posts

We all know United's owners just look at the club as a cash cow, they aren't arsed if we never win anything again as long as we finish top four and keep the commercial profits flowing

Unread 21-12-2017, 03:08 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
ffs

Unread 21-12-2017, 03:08 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I’m not saffers
was more a general comment pal, not aimed at you

Unread 21-12-2017, 07:37 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Moyes took over the champions...

Didn't read the rest.
You're talking to someone who thinks Giggs could manage us successfully, pal.

Unread 21-12-2017, 10:24 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
If he was to leave..what next ? Who do we get ? Being realistic, I cannot see us getting the likes of the Spurs manager or the like.. It would be the likes of Woodward headhunting a new coach.. Deary me..
Not that I want Mourinho sacked but I think Poch might be attainable the way things are unfolding at Spurs. No money for wages or players cant be ideal for any ambitious manager

Unread 22-12-2017, 02:13 PM
Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
18 monthis into the job and outplayed by Bristol City.
But it was an away game, and it was Bristol City's cup final.

And no-one cares about the league cup.

Unread 22-12-2017, 02:19 PM
utd99

Quote:
What have we got to lose?
If we win tomorrow we’re on track for 88 points. We averaged about 66 under Moyes and Van Gaal. There are concerns for sure, but it’s not that simple.

Unread 22-12-2017, 03:25 PM
Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
In the league f***ing cup.
Funny how before the final whistle went, a lot of the same people who claim to not care about the League Cup were looking forward to the prospect of playing against City again, a chance for "revenge".

The moment Bristol City's 2nd goal went in, all of sudden it was "couldn't care less", lol.

Quote:
No doubt because a lot of players didn’t want to face city again at some point.
Well that says a lot about the players then doesn't it?

I say it would've been an opportunity to knock City out of the League Cup.

Quote:
Hate to say it for the bed wetters on here
Yes, because anyone who criticises the club when they play like shit@#%&!s over a long period of time automatically makes them bed-wetters.

I guess every fan of every football club is a bed-wetter then.

Unread 22-12-2017, 03:44 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
If we win tomorrow we’re on track for 88 points. We averaged about 66 under Moyes and Van Gaal. There are concerns for sure, but it’s not that simple.
It was a sort of joke. Responding to yer wan saying we'd be "£#%&!ed and directionless".

Unread 22-12-2017, 04:57 PM
utd99

Quote:
It was a sort of joke. Responding to yer wan saying we'd be "£#%&!ed and directionless".
That’s what happens when you only read the last five posts..

Unread 22-12-2017, 05:03 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

What a car crash sequence of posts get knocked out of the alphabet spaghetti cup and the abbey normans are seriously discussing Mo to go

Getting back on topic, the biggest, richest club in the game needs a top of the range Director of Football. It's totally bizarre that we have all kinds of partnership directors for pot noodles, yet we don't even have a position for what all the competition consider the most important job at a club

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:32 PM
Sparky***

Dust off the £#%&!ing mastercard, Woodward and get us some £#%&!ing quality next month.

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:35 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Dust off the £#%&!ing mastercard, Woodward and get us some £#%&!ing quality next month.
You're getting £#%&! all mate. They need to shed some first and there's £#%&! all out there we could get without being smart or paying way over the odds.

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:43 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
absolutely no chance.

Unread 24-12-2017, 12:16 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
absolutely no chance.
Nope, woowar is £#%&!ing clueless on the actual football side of things.

Unread 24-12-2017, 12:18 AM
Tiberian

Think Utd will spend. A RW, FB and another midfielder probably the priorities between now and the start of next season.

Is Mahrez worth a punt? He is certainly talented but I get Arsenal player vibes from him. Ozil keeps being mentioned, Nabil Fekir is having an excellent season for Lyon, but these no 10's keep struggling at Utd.

Unread 24-12-2017, 12:19 AM
AK14

Quote:
You're getting £#%&! all mate. They need to shed some first and there's £#%&! all out there we could get without being smart or paying way over the odds.
Don't agree with selling first tbh

LvG did that and Woodward and club didn't replace any of them which left us playing Joe Riley, Donald Love and Will Keane etc

Sign quality players and then sell the shit...

Unread 24-12-2017, 12:30 AM
Marlon Van Baron

I don’t see much happening in January. Possibly Ozil if he can be prised away.

Next summer is massive, Utd have 3-4 deadwood out of contract. Let them all go and pile that wage save on a world class player.

Two full backs are a priority, I miss the days of having fullbacks and wingers that could actually cross a ball. We currently have can provide that service from out wide.
Closed Thread