United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-07-2017, 12:38 PM
lindelof

Default On this day in 2001...

Still remember it being announced. Easily the most excited I have ever been at a signing.

A genuine world class player in his prime.

Can only remember him playing well in the CL and at home against Everton.

Such a shame that he just didn't fit into the side.

Unread 12-07-2017, 12:41 PM
wufta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindelof

Still remember it being announced. Easily the most excited I have ever been at a signing.

A genuine world class player in his prime.

Can only remember him playing well in the CL and at home against Everton.

Such a shame that he just didn't fit into the side.
Who could fit in that shirt with one shoulder width three times the other?

I've seen better fitted clothing in Matalan.

Unread 12-07-2017, 12:49 PM
tatty

Looks like Fergie already knew he'd £#%&!ed up and wanted the shirt back.

I still can't work out how he was meant to fit in to the side we had then.

Unread 12-07-2017, 12:55 PM
Harri Jaffa

I think if fergie had his time again and had just signed him then he would've ended up better fwiw absolutely £#%&! all etc

Unread 12-07-2017, 12:57 PM
puressence

That backheel skill ipswich win at home ..unreal ..ferguson had no idea how to use him

Unread 12-07-2017, 01:02 PM
Lok

I remember a pre-season friendly (v Juve?) where he clipped in a ball for Ruud to smash in a van Basen-esque volley. One of the best goals I've ever seen.

edit: skip to 2:30

Unread 12-07-2017, 01:07 PM
20 times

That pass to Forlan

Unread 12-07-2017, 02:00 PM
lindelof

Wasn't in the pre-season tour in the States where Fergie called Veron 'a £#%&!ing great player, you are all £#%&!ing idiots' after a brilliant performance (could've been the game above) then sold him to Chelsea the following week?

Unread 12-07-2017, 02:05 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Wasn't in the pre-season tour in the States where Fergie called Veron 'a £#%&!ing great player, you are all £#%&!ing idiots' after a brilliant performance (could've been the game above) then sold him to Chelsea the following week?
The following year

Unread 12-07-2017, 02:06 PM
Fish

Quote:

I don't think we would of got the £15m, if he would of said' hes £#%&!ing shit and we don't want the @#%&! anywhere near the club'

Unread 12-07-2017, 02:15 PM
LFOD

he wasn't really that good in CL. his best was the first few months with united. a pass here a goal there , just not what we needed. them were the days fergie had to beg for money. big let down.

Unread 12-07-2017, 02:37 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
I don't think we would of got the £15m, if he would of said' hes £#%&!ing shit and we don't want the @#%&! anywhere near the club'
You should really learn the correct use of the words 'of' and 'have' before posting on the Internet, as you run the risk of coming across as an absolute £#%&!ing moron.

Unread 12-07-2017, 02:37 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
You should really learn the correct use of the words 'of' and 'have' before posting on the Internet, as you run the risk of coming across as an absolute £#%&!ing moron.
£#%&!ing hell

Unread 12-07-2017, 02:51 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
no £#%&!ing messing about round these here parts.

Unread 12-07-2017, 02:55 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
That backheel skill ipswich win at home ..unreal ..ferguson had no idea how to use him
we got to the s/f of the CL and should have won it you massive snot rocket

Unread 12-07-2017, 03:06 PM
Red Santos

Having been an avid Serie A viewer from 1996-2000 I think must have been the only United fan at the time that didn't want him...

Couldn't see where he would fit. We needed someone creative who could do real damage in the final third of the pitch, not another passer..

Unread 12-07-2017, 03:11 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Have you got a #@&%! the size of a button mushroom by any chance?

Unread 12-07-2017, 04:41 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Think it was earlier than that, towards the end of the 2001/02 campaign?

Unread 12-07-2017, 05:03 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
Having been an avid Serie A viewer from 1996-2000 I think must have been the only United fan at the time that didn't want him...

Couldn't see where he would fit. We needed someone creative who could do real damage in the final third of the pitch, not another passer..
Had similar concerns and remember saying Nedved would have been a better signing.

Just didn't get Veron at all.

Unread 12-07-2017, 05:42 PM
Red Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Had similar concerns and remember saying Nedved would have been a better signing.

Just didn't get Veron at all.
Yep. We brought in the wrong Lazio player.

Nedved would've been just perfect imo
Closed Thread